Dell Inspiron 14R/15R/17R Turbo Laptop Thread

Acoustichead

Broken In
"medium".it is visually satisfying for me. there is no lag in the medium setting. but the "high" makes the cpu fan go crazy:-D

did you get a corseca Bluetooth headset free along with the mouse?

I got the backpack and a wireless mouse. No idea about the headset.Its not mentioned anywhere in the order details....

josin

In the zone
I got the backpack and a wireless mouse. No idea about the headset.Its not mentioned anywhere in the order details....

it was never mentioned in my order details too...but i got it for free.
in the order site they are selling it for RS.2500/-. After receiving it i just searched the actual price in flip kart and they are selling it for Rs.1700/-.

Acoustichead

Broken In
it was never mentioned in my order details too...but i got it for free.
in the order site they are selling it for RS.2500/-. After receiving it i just searched the actual price in flip kart and they are selling it for Rs.1700/-.

nice! I hope I get it too!!

Theodre

In the zone
Can anyone please confirm me the price of 15r SE if I configure it as i7 processor, 8gb ram, 500gb hard drive & blueRay writer? Am going to purchase it from a local retailer. What could be its price in this configuration?

But one thing i found a bit disappointing is that 14R SE has HDD@ 7200rpm and 15R SE has it @5400:-x:-?

vds5344

Broken In
guys 15r or 14r which one to buy? Sony s series is pretty expensive! Ivb i7 4gb ram windows7 home, ati graphic card at 65k
dell is cheaper

har

In the zone
But one thing i found a bit disappointing is that 14R SE has HDD@ 7200rpm and 15R SE has it @5400:-x:-?

But the 14R has a 500GB at 7200rpm not 1TB like the 15R. So platter density is much smaller in the 14R. Hence in the end 15R offers same speed as 14R even at 5400rpm because of greater platter density and also 500GB extra storage :)

franco

Right off the assembly line
after knowing almost everything about inspiron 15r se today i went dell outlet..
damn.. the speakers are again at the bottom.. wtf :-x:eeek:
i really appreciate the performance sheet bt disappointed in case of hardware:cry:
it doesnt feel solid in hands...

OP
rider

rider

as Kratos
guys 15r or 14r which one to buy? Sony s series is pretty expensive! Ivb i7 4gb ram windows7 home, ati graphic card at 65k
dell is cheaper

sony vaio models are generally overpriced, not recommended for gaming and all. Buy 15R SE it's a mainstream laptop. I know many users who unsatisfied with a 14" screen for gaming, 14" laptops are generally more suitable for girls and those people who care more about mobility.

Theodre

In the zone
dell is cheaper

If you need a more than average gaming and other multi taskings then it is better 14R SE, if you need more then 15R SE (if you are going for any of these two laps :) )

@har but i found 14R SE to be more good as it will be more portable and it have a better graphics (I think:lol: ) And better battery life :) This suggestion is because i prefer more battery back up and is less on to gaming :wink:

chinmaya

Journeyman
guys, buying the 15r se i7 with 4gb ram. could anyone please suggest me a ram (4gb). it was mentioned in a post that the latency should match with.

OP
rider

rider

as Kratos
guys, buying the 15r se i7 with 4gb ram. could anyone please suggest me a ram (4gb). it was mentioned in a post that the latency should match with.

ask sisley what brand of RAM he got in his laptop. Also our admin ico told us there is no latency issue if RAM is of same frequencies only negligible 2% difference may occur if you put of some other brand.

I am using of two different brands of RAMs and their is no problem, both are of 1333Mhz. In your case it should be 1600MHz.

Buy this one, one of our thread user bought this. LINK

BMG

Right off the assembly line
Hello.
Could do with some help choosing a laptop.
I basically need it for day to day use with moderate gaming. Mostly FIFA and MW3. Would still like to go for one that is future proof. Looking at around 3-4 years with the same. Budget ~ 50k.
I had two options in mind. The 15R SE basic version. Or the HP DV6-7011TX. Here.
They're mostly similar, so, could do with some assistance.

OP
rider

rider

as Kratos
well have a look at this thread.. *www.thinkdigit.com/forum/cpu-mothe...n-about-hp-pavilion-tx1000-cto-tablet-pc.html

See pratyush, I'm not bothering you but the laptop that you bought is one of the disaster gadget ever, my cousin had one with AMD processor. Sorry for all that you have suffered that much from that crap. Anything can happen to any electronic device, you tablet PC was 4 years old and not under warranty.
The thing is now hp is not selling any tablet PC, they discontinued after negative feedbacks.
Nowadays hp laptops have no heating issues, they developed a cooling technology called coolsense which keep the laptop remain under 80*C in intense gaming. Also the servicing and maintenance is of the best in the market, best that I ever seen.. they provide quick onsite servicing and accidental covers and all, if anything happen to your laptop they will replace with no charges. Also the customer care is awesome so quick.. they help, call back and do what best they can.
So, please don't misunderstand new buyers who are looking to purchase a new laptop. One user get afraid by your signature, thats what happen to you is bad. You should change it HP tablet PC suxx, not the whole hp.

dan4u

Took Off!!!
Hey guys I ordered the 15R today morning, I told the dell rep that I need the lap before the 9th of July, He assured me I'll get it before that. do you guys think he was bluffing? or is it possible for me to get it before the 9th?
also, it seems dell has revamped the customization options, now we cannot choose the backlit keyboard:-(, I wonder why dell did that.

OP
rider

rider

as Kratos
Hey guys I ordered the 15R today morning, I told the dell rep that I need the lap before the 9th of July, He assured me I'll get it before that. do you guys think he was bluffing? or is it possible for me to get it before the 9th?
also, it seems dell has revamped the customization options, now we cannot choose the backlit keyboard:-(, I wonder why dell did that.

Better to be patient and wait until July 9. They might removed backlit keyboard option due to shortage.

Top Bottom