Dell Inspiron 14R/15R/17R Turbo Laptop Thread

RON28

Cyborg Agent
what is GREY MARKET, i was looking for a laptop in 42k and one of the dealer told me
that if i want best laptop, better buy from GREY MARKET :-?

what is it? he said i would get an 60K laptop for 35k, is it true? :-? can someone tell me what is it? are those products are from chinese companies? :-?

antisocialbratt

Journeyman
Grey market bole to chor bazaar. I won't recommend buying expensive stuff like laptop from there.

Anyway, finalized my order. Getting the i7,8gb version of 15r se with 3 years accidental support for 66.5k. Pretty sweet deal i guess. ;)

antisocialbratt

Journeyman
What to do mate, can't wait 3 Weeks for 17r to arrive from malaysia. Thus had to order 15r. Still its a powerful beast. I doubt there will be any lappy powerful than this in my college.:p

rohitruls

Broken In
no, u wont get full keyboard in Inspiron 15SE, and 17se is much heavy for college use i.e. 3.4 kg. It's better to buy hp dv6-7014nr. You will get full keyboard, weighs around 2.5kg powered by GT 650M and incredible 1080p LED screen. It will cost you under 1100 USD.

Firstly Thanks for Replying :)

1. What about the Reliability of HP dv6-7014nr?
2. Is HP as Reliable as DELL in USA?
3. I will be using the laptop for atleast 4 years If i buy one now, so which one would you suggest keeping in mind the time frame?

4. Also dell packs with it Adobe Premier, Photoshop, elements 9.0 etc. Isn't that value for money?

Thanks and keep your suggestions coming :)

n64freak

Broken In
I think the 14 R SE has a better GPU, and it has the 7500RPM HDD too.

You mad bro?

The 14 R SE has a 640M, whereas the 17R SE has a 650M. Other than the fact that the numbers itself show it's better, there's also this for your review: Comparison of Laptop Graphics Cards - Notebookcheck.net Tech

The 650M is a class 1 chip, whereas all the other chips in the Inspiron range be from class 2 or lower :|

raj_55555

Journeyman
n64freak said:
You mad bro?
Umm.. Yeah!
n64freak said:
That being said, do consider the 15 R SE or the 14 R SE, both are much the same in terms of GPU
See! I was comparing 14R SE and 15R SE.. But I am pretty mad right now. That's true..

@arani and others in kolkata
I went to the sales tax office today, the entire mechanism has changed there. Now you have to do it online. I paid a whopping Rs. 3200 for the VAT and Road tax, don't know why I am paying the VAT twice. There's still some work left to do, but at least my laptop is getting built by the time I feed my govt.
BTW the Dell exclusive guys told me SE models will come in October, so weigh your options guys. I'll post a step by step (with screenshots) this weekend, just like slashragnarok did here. It will be helpful to others.

pratyush997

Inactive
Hi guyzz digit introduced 15r se here.
Preview: Dell Inspiron 15R Special Edition - Laptops | Laptop | Notebooks Reviews | ThinkDigit Features

Last edited:
OP
rider

rider

as Kratos
Firstly Thanks for Replying :)

1. What about the Reliability of HP dv6-7014nr?
2. Is HP as Reliable as DELL in USA?
3. I will be using the laptop for atleast 4 years If i buy one now, so which one would you suggest keeping in mind the time frame?

4. Also dell packs with it Adobe Premier, Photoshop, elements 9.0 etc. Isn't that value for money?

Thanks and keep your suggestions coming :)

hp is very reliable american brand, older than apple and dell. It has better in rank in comparison to dell in laptopmag.com 2012 ranking. If a gaming freak hp is the best option GT 650M is an awesome class 1 gpu. And those adobe editing are of no means unless you learn how to use in courses. IMO that hp model is more future proof than dell's 15SE.

HD 7730M ≥ GT 640M any confirmation for this?

both are almost same, but gt640m is a bit better. But in the end 15.6" is a mainstream laptop and better option for gaming purpose.

Acoustichead

Broken In
Has anyone from Mumbai got this laptop???...How much does it take for them to deliver. Mine its almost a week now. Still the status shows "Work in Progress" :-(

josin

In the zone
Has anyone from Mumbai got this laptop???...How much does it take for them to deliver. Mine its almost a week now. Still the status shows "Work in Progress" :-(

have patience it will take at least 12 to 14 days for the delivery. They say 10 working days(excluding Saturday and Sunday).:-D
And i will tell you one thing....its worth the wait( in the mean time collect some game titles for your new lappy)

girishpaiv

Journeyman

I ordered mine one 21st
got order no' on 26th
work in progress on 27th
Manufacture Build complete on 29th (just checked now ):razz: :mrgreen::twisted:

(in 2 days they build my laptop,tested and all???:-?)

still EDD is same ie : 10th july ..but op to get soon

Acoustichead

Broken In
I ordered mine one 21st
got order no' on 26th
work in progress on 27th
Manufacture Build complete on 29th (just checked now ):razz: :mrgreen::twisted:

(in 2 days they build my laptop,tested and all???:-?)

still EDD is same ie : 10th july ..but op to get soon

Yea my EDD is the same as yours :D

@josin ...yea I doing exactly that :-D!! Btw ur a malayali??

I just checked my order status has changed to 'Manufacture Build complete'. I guess they are releasing in batches lol . I had ordered on 26th.

Last edited:

antisocialbratt

Journeyman
Ordered mine today. Here is my config:
15r se
i7
8gb ram
targus synergy backpack
3 year complete cover

all this for 67091.
Got a 8% discount otherwise price would have been around 73k. Sales representative assured me that I'll surely get it delivered by next Saturday. :)

Can't wait to get it. A clean install of windows 7 ultimate is the first thing on my list. Although I'll run some benchmarks first.

Top Bottom