Dell Inspiron 14R/15R/17R Turbo Laptop Thread

raj_55555

Journeyman
Nah! No more waiting.. Going to the sales tax office today. Anybody knows the working hours for the sales tax office?

antisocialbratt

Journeyman
Just got a call from dell. They import the 17r from malasia thus it would take 3 weeks :( I can't wait till them as my college starts in Less than 2 Weeks. Thus changed my order to 15r se.
For those who are interested in defense discount: you have to send them a scanned copy of the id to them and they will send you the new quotation with discount.
Gonna send mine today.

Good news is that cuz i'm in Bangalore he said that I'll get it within 7days after making the payment. :)

I guess that's the reason for increase in 17r's price in last few months. Cuz rupee has fallen from 49 per dollar in Feb to 57per dollar now. Thus imported goods are bound to get affected.

pranavgoel

Broken In
Hello
great thread
I am looking to buy dell inspiron 14r se instead of 15r se. So any comments on that. And is 14r se comes with backlit keyboard.?

14se model specs which i am considering are:
i7, 1tb , 6gb ram ,2gb ddr 640m

Also my budget is around 70k so any other gaming laptop advise will be appreciable.

n64freak

Broken In
Hello
great thread
I am looking to buy dell inspiron 14r se instead of 15r se. So any comments on that. And is 14r se comes with backlit keyboard.?

14se model specs which i am considering are:
i7, 1tb , 6gb ram ,2gb ddr 640m

Also my budget is around 70k so any other gaming laptop advise will be appreciable.

:-? Buy the 17R SE and join me in my wait!

Seriously, depends on what you want. If you're okay with a month long waiting period, and a bulky system, then the 17R SE is probably the best gaming laptop available at your budget. That being said, do consider the 15 R SE or the 14 R SE, both are much the same in terms of GPU, and it's up to you whether you prefer the 15" screen or the 14".

@Antisocialbrat, you went for the 15R SE too? :-? Blegh. Looks like I'm the only one willing to wait that long for a 650M

raj_55555

Journeyman
:-? Buy the 17R SE and join me in my wait!

Seriously, depends on what you want. If you're okay with a month long waiting period, and a bulky system, then the 17R SE is probably the best gaming laptop available at your budget. That being said, do consider the 15 R SE or the 14 R SE, both are much the same in terms of GPU, and it's up to you whether you prefer the 15" screen or the 14".

@Antisocialbrat, you went for the 15R SE too? :-? Blegh. Looks like I'm the only one willing to wait that long for a 650M
I think the 14 R SE has a better GPU, and it has the 7500RPM HDD too.

antisocialbratt

Journeyman
Its same as corporate discount. 5 %. Basically you pay the price you see on the website. Not a penny extra.

@n64freak, i would have waited if i had time. I need the lappy before 6th of july. Thus 15r se is the only option for me. I'm gonna order 56k version and gonna pop a 4gb ram myself when I'll get the lappy. May get a cooling pad too with the cash saved ;)

har

In the zone
I think the 14 R SE has a better GPU, and it has the 7500RPM HDD too.

1TB 5400 rpm >>> 500GB 7200 rpm
Because 1TB has significantly higher platter density, performance is roughly the same and besides it provides 500GB extra storage :cool:

Acoustichead

Broken In
Its same as corporate discount. 5 %. Basically you pay the price you see on the website. Not a penny extra.

@n64freak, i would have waited if i had time. I need the lappy before 6th of july. Thus 15r se is the only option for me. I'm gonna order 56k version and gonna pop a 4gb ram myself when I'll get the lappy. May get a cooling pad too with the cash saved ;)

Yea me too!! I already ordered yesterday. Dell says I would get the lappy within a week!! :shock: dude can let me know some good cooling pads in 500-700 Rs. range?

pranavgoel

Broken In
I am looking forward to buy 14se top model.
I believe nvedia graphics generate less heat than amd , also at 720p res 14.1 seems better option

And does any one has any comments on MSI GE60 and MSI GE60T models
spcs r prety awesome .

rohitruls

Broken In
Hi Guys,

I am planning to buy Dell Inspiron 15R or 17R Special Edition. :confused:
I will be Using it For College Purpose and Gaming too.

15R SE Config
Cost = ($1077)

17R SE Config
Cost = ($1077)

I have a few doubts.

1. Does 15R SE come with a Full Keyboard with the Numeric Pad?

2. The 17R SE does not have a Blu Ray reader in the model I am looking for. So will that be required?

3. Another Major Difference Between the two is The Graphics Card.

15R SE - AMD Radeon™ HD 7730M 2GB
17R SE - Nvidia GeForce GT 650M 2GB

I want to Buy 15R SE as 17R SE will be kinda Big for College Use.
But the only thing Stopping me is from buying 15R SE is that I read Somewhere that the "Nvidia GeForce GT 650M 2GB" in 17R SE is better than AMD Radeon™ HD 7730M 2GB. :hissyfit:

Kindly Drop In Your Suggestion Please.

antisocialbratt

Journeyman
Damn.. Asked my dad about getting his id scanned and he said it is not permitted because of security reasons. :(
he said he'll get a certificate made from his office that he's in air force. Lets hope that works. Gonna talk to Dell guy in the evening about it.

raj_55555

Journeyman
Damn.. Asked my dad about getting his id scanned and he said it is not permitted because of security reasons. :(
he said he'll get a certificate made from his office that he's in air force. Lets hope that works. Gonna talk to Dell guy in the evening about it.
Why evening? Have a go now!

Guys! Placed my order finally. Although I am yet to get the Road permit, but I figured that construction and other processes take time too. :)
__________EDIT________
And for those interested, you can get the 15R SE with 6GB RAM as well if you order via a representative.

OP
rider

rider

as Kratos
Hi Guys,

I am planning to buy Dell Inspiron 15R or 17R Special Edition. :confused:
I will be Using it For College Purpose and Gaming too.

15R SE Config
Cost = ($1077)

17R SE Config
Cost = ($1077)

I have a few doubts.

1. Does 15R SE come with a Full Keyboard with the Numeric Pad?

2. The 17R SE does not have a Blu Ray reader in the model I am looking for. So will that be required?

3. Another Major Difference Between the two is The Graphics Card.

15R SE - AMD Radeon™ HD 7730M 2GB
17R SE - Nvidia GeForce GT 650M 2GB

I want to Buy 15R SE as 17R SE will be kinda Big for College Use.
But the only thing Stopping me is from buying 15R SE is that I read Somewhere that the "Nvidia GeForce GT 650M 2GB" in 17R SE is better than AMD Radeon™ HD 7730M 2GB. :hissyfit:

Kindly Drop In Your Suggestion Please.

no, u wont get full keyboard in Inspiron 15SE, and 17se is much heavy for college use i.e. 3.4 kg. It's better to buy hp dv6-7014nr. You will get full keyboard, weighs around 2.5kg powered by GT 650M and incredible 1080p LED screen. It will cost you under 1100 USD.

Last edited:

ratul

█████████████████
sorry guys, is'nt getting time to test newer games, as currently busy with downloading linux and all, and from tomorrow, my networking classes will start, so won't get time for next 15 days,:cry: but i do run today the games i had on my desktop (cs:source, nfsmw, gtr2, pes2009, gta:sa, ashes 2009), the gaming session ran for 8 hrs. continuously, and here are the temps for that:

non ac room:

*farm9.staticflickr.com/8009/7454036016_1705e73585_b.jpg

and yeah, my 15r is running almost continuously from past 2 days.. :mrgreen:

Last edited:

sisley

Broken In
sorry guys, is'nt getting time to test newer games, as currently busy with downloading linux and all, and from tomorrow, my networking classes will start, so won't get time for next 15 days,:cry: but i do run today the games i had on my desktop (cs:source, nfsmw, gtr2, pes2009, gta:sa, ashes 2009), the gaming session ran for 8 hrs. continuously, and here are the temps for that:

non ac room:

*farm9.staticflickr.com/8009/7454036016_1705e73585_b.jpg

and yeah, my 15r is running almost continuously from past 2 days.. :mrgreen:

these temps dont tell anything as long as u play old games:cry:........play recent high graphics game like SKYRIM,BW3,MAXPAYNE3 etc and then post the results:wink:

josin

In the zone
Thank GOD at last ive got my lappy from DEll. even though i havn't ordered a Bluetooth headset i have received one.Surprise gift from Dell? or a mistake?
any way ive saved Rs.2500/-:-D. (my lap is core i7 with 4 GB Ram version)

Top Bottom