Dell Inspiron 14R/15R/17R Turbo Laptop Thread

ratul

█████████████████
guys, new BIOS and IRST drivers are available, but i am getting error while downloading "File not found.."
Can anyone of you download it?? Here: Drivers & Downloads | Dell India

sam142000

Journeyman
guys, new BIOS and IRST drivers are available, but i am getting error while downloading "File not found.."
Can anyone of you download it?? Here: Drivers & Downloads | Dell India

Maybe they haven't uploaded the file completely!! Try downloading tomorrow!!

nandu26

In the zone
I contacted compuindia to purchase a laptop and asked who will ship the laptop if I buy directly from Dell online store. The staff told me that they will ship the laptop after getting confirmation from Dell.

Is it true that compuindia ships laptop if I order through Dell directly ?

Anand

ratul

█████████████████
Guys who used the new Drivers, plz review abt it... and is it compatible for win 7 too ?

don't know about win7, but win8 irst driver has fixed memory leak issue, and bios update, well don't see any improvement... :oops:

I want to know whether the build quality of Inspiron 15R is same as 15R Turbo.

almost, 15r is all plastic, and 15r turbo front panel is anodised aluminium..

saaransh9

Journeyman
don't know about win7, but win8 irst driver has fixed memory leak issue, and bios update, well don't see any improvement... :oops:

almost, 15r is all plastic, and 15r turbo front panel is anodised aluminium..

alctually not the locks on the armrest n base are more on 15r turbo n there are more screws n parts r fixed better.
i have seen this my self my roommate have 15r n i have 15r turbo

ratul

█████████████████
@ratul:

front panel -> Do you mean display panel?

yes, the front cover and the palmrest area, they say it's made of anodized aluminium, and much better build quality as confirmed by saransh, i was just speaking what i read, but he has seen those two face to face, so 15r turbo must be a better build lappy overall..

Wh!Zk!D

Broken In
Hey guys, bit of an old timer here. Posting after ages!

Just wanted to know what you folks think of this deal.

Dell Inspiron 14 N5420
Processor: Intel Core i7-3612QM (2.10 GHz, 6 MB L3 Cache, up to 3.10 GHz)
Chipset: Mobile Intel HM77 Express Chipset
RAM: 1x 4GB (will increase to 8 myself)
Ubuntu Installed
Graphics: nVidia GeForce GT 630M (won't be used for much gaming. Only some HD video editing)
HDD: 1 TB (5400RPM)
Warranty: 2 YEAR with 1 year accident replacemnt
Targus bag free.
Thai Keyboard. But I can kive with it!
Thai model but I know how warranty can be transferred here. Ex Dell guy here :)

All this for Rs.41,800

Good?

dan4u

Took Off!!!
Any member purchased laptop from compuindia.com ? Which is better - Dell online store or Compuindia

well its affiliated with dell, so its reliable. and it will reach you within 2-3 days, no need to wait for 10-14 days. all the laptops are pre-built, get from compuindia if you're in a hurry.

ratul

█████████████████
It is an i7 for sure. The said model seems to be unavailable in India. I found it on the Thailand website, though. Here

Inspiron 14R laptop

but it states i5 and i7 versions, are you sure the i7 one is 40k???

josin

In the zone
now flipkart has RAM for our beloved DELL Inspiron 15R TURBO and special edition ones

Last edited:
Top Bottom