Dell i7 XPS 16 @65.5k

Status
Not open for further replies.

rrrmanish

$%-Not Assembled Properly
I am planning to buy a new laptop

After all the Search i have choosen

Dell(TM) Studio XPS 16 Laptop (S541020IN8)

Processor
Intel® Core™ i7-720QM Processor (1.6GHz,4 Cores/8 Threads,turbo up to 2.8GHz, 6MB Cache)

Operating System

Genuine Windows® 7 Professional 64bit (English)----> I don't want this ?As i already have two Genuine Copies of it...so any options for not getting it with this lappy?

Memory
4GB (2GBx2) 1333MHz DDR3 SDRAM
Hard Drive
500GB SATA 7200RPM Hard Drive

HD display
15.6" Edge to Edge Full High Definition(1080p) Display with TrueLife™

Video Card
ATI Mobility RADEON® HD 4670 - 1GB ----Does it will run Crises at atlest medium settings?

nternal Optical Drive
Slot Load 8X DVD+/-RW Drive with DVD+R double layer write capability

Wireless Network Card
Dell 1520 Wireless-N card

Security Software
McAfee® Security Center™ (Multi-Language) - 30-Day Trial Version

1-year XPS Premier Service with 1-year CompleteCover

the local dealer is selling me it at 65.5K inc all taxes and delivery.

Further:Are there any other better options/deals from other brands in simmilar budget

Last edited:

vickybat

I am the night...I am...
@ rrrmanish

Hi buddy

Its a great choice. Well the radeon 4670 will run crisis at medium settings but you should wait until dell provides some 5 series gpu's with the xps models. If you don't want to wait then go for it.

Secondly, you have to speak to a dell official in order to scrap that os since you already have a genuine copy.

ashu888ashu888

Core i7 (nehalem) Owner
hd 4670 is way way better than hd 5470 and i guess u are getting tat lappy from U.S is it..??? it will run Crysis on medium settings really good.. :)

and no, :) there are NO other options better than that budget, as u will NOT get core i7 processor, but only core i3 or core i5 .. :)
---------------

Plz shed sum lite as to from where u getting this lappy..??? coz even im interested in this config.. :)
--------------

Cheers n e-peace....

vickybat

I am the night...I am...
@ ashu888ashu888

I never compared the 4670 with 5470 but advised the op to wait for some better 5 series offerings like 5650,5730,5750,5770 etc.

Yes,the 4670 can play crisis easily at medium settings but as you're investing in a i7 based lappy ,getting the above mentioned cards with the config. is a bit future proof.

I,m sure dell would update their 4 series cards with 5 series ones.

OP
R

rrrmanish

@ashu888ashu888

As i already mentioned that i am buying it from my local dealer(Karnal,Haryana)

He told me that i can configure my lappy on www.dell.co.in and order it through him and he will give me some 12% discount.

ashu888ashu888

Core i7 (nehalem) Owner
@ vicky.. :) u are dead right bro, i (by utter confusion) was comparing it, acually the other day i went to look that Acer 5740 lappy wich had this latest (HD 5470) card in it, and it has stuck in my mind, as i too am in a process of purchasing a lappy so jus got it all mixed up real bad.. sorry it was unintentional.. :)

@ manish: thanx for the update.. :) but i dnt think, the dell's india site has option on XPS16 for any 5xxx based gpu, its jus HD4670 all the way :(
---------

In general too, dell NOT giving us 5xxx series cards (5470 sucks as its worse and below performance even wen compared to 4670) is a big setback.. :(

OP
R

rrrmanish

ya..one thing more

my friend shopped dell studio lappy from US

but when ever he tries to install a 32 bit app. the Win 7 gave an error

"Coul not install ...%&^%*& ...this 32 bit App"

i tried the compatibility mode but it doesn't worked?
he is on intel dual core

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom