Dell E228wfp 22" Lcd Monitor

Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
vivekbabbudelhi

vivekbabbudelhi

shadow hunter
According to *tinyurl.com/3xhayx (That's the Dell website; Tinyurl is used as the original url is a bit long) the current price of Dell E228WFP 22" WideScreen Flat Panel Monitor is Rs. 13,162. Does this include taxes and shipping?

Btw, thanks for this nice review! :)

no that does not include tax..

but anyways if u are good at bargaining then u can get that E228WFP for 14k inc. of all with 5yrs warranty directly from dell...

iChaitanya

Journeyman
^^ The total price (including all the taxes and shipping) is Rs. 14,980. A 3 year warranty is also provided.

Did you get that for 14k with 5yrs warranty?

OP
vivekbabbudelhi

vivekbabbudelhi

shadow hunter
Did you get that for 14k with 5yrs warranty?

i got one of it for 19k with 3 yrs warranty inc. tax when listed price was 21k with 3 yrs warranty inc. tax

i got second one for 15.5k with 5 yrs warranty inc. tax when listed price was 17k with 5yrs warranty inc. tax

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified
how do u order a Dell LCD monitor? What about the repairing & service?

I m looking at the Dell 8 bit 2007WFP panel but it is very costly, will going for 6 bit for my universal usage be good enough or should i buy the 8 bit panel?

OP
vivekbabbudelhi

vivekbabbudelhi

shadow hunter
how do u order a Dell LCD monitor? What about the repairing & service?
orders for dell monitors can be only placed online.All u have to do is fill that appropriate form on their site then dell rep. will contact u for further details..
payment can be done by DD,credit card
product would be delivered within 14 days at max

as far as service is concerned
dell service is among the best aftersales support in India....
replacements would be done at ur door steps without any hassles

gx_saurav said:
I m looking at the Dell 8 bit 2007WFP panel but it is very costly, will going for 6 bit for my universal usage be good enough or should i buy the 8 bit panel?

8 bit panel would definitely pay u if u know what are u buying for what purpose...

iChaitanya

Journeyman
Hey man, i am going to order this LCD. I am just worried about the DVI Cable. I hope they provide everything in the package! :)

Thanks, again for this thread. It helped me! :)

Last edited:

Ponmayilal

Attitude matters
^ Instead you can go in for
Dell SP2208WFP 22" WideScreen Flat Panel Monitor With Webcam for Rs.15,386/- *www1.ap.dell.com/content/products/compare.aspx/20lcd?c=in&cs=indhs1&l=en&s=dhs

It is HDMI/HDCP ready, though you may not get full HD resolution of 1080p.Since 24" (1080p) monitors still cost a bomb, I am half inclined to place an order for this.

This 22'' monitor has recently been the the PC Magazine Editor's choice (31 March 2008 ).See *www.pcmag.com/article2/0,2817,2280408,00.asp

The prices mentioned in their website are the base price. Taxes and shipping are extra. You may get an exact quote by calling DELL directly.

Last edited:

iChaitanya

Journeyman
Dell SP2208WFP 22" WideScreen Flat Panel Monitor With Webcam for Rs.15,386/-

The prices mentioned in their website are the base price. Taxes and shipping are extra. You may get an exact quote by calling DELL directly.

The Dell SP2208WFP 22" will cost me about 16.5k~17k which includes taxes + shipping charges + octroi. The octroi charges for Pune (that's my current location) are 7% of the total amount. So i will have to shell out Rs. 980 more.. :mad:

Things were going out of my budget, so finally i settled for the Dell E228WFP 22" WideScreen Flat Panel Monitor for Rs. 14,980 (which includes shipping + taxes + octroi)

Many people forget that octroi is charged in some states of India and Maharashtra is included in this list. Even i was not expecting this much price, but this time i can't do anything. I'll talk about this with the Dell people. :rolleyes:

Ponmayilal

Attitude matters
ya, I understand.When one keeps aiming high and high, finally a stage is reached when even one to two K more looks uphill, and one has to tone down.Anyways, enjoy your new monitor.:)

iChaitanya

Journeyman
ya, I understand.When one keeps aiming high and high, finally a stage is reached when even one to two K more looks uphill, and one has to tone down.Anyways, enjoy your new monitor.:)

Now, i think you got the point!

Exactly!

Now i am going to buy a 15k product. Then there's another product for just 2k more. (Like the monitor that you have suggested). But then there's another one for 19k (If we add 2k to the 17k). So there's no limit.

But i am happy with my choice. :D
Thanks guys for your replies!

OP
vivekbabbudelhi

vivekbabbudelhi

shadow hunter
Dell SP2208WFP 22" WideScreen Flat Panel Monitor With Webcam for Rs.15,386/- *www1.ap.dell.com/content/products/compare.aspx/20lcd?c=in&cs=indhs1&l=en&s=dhs

It is HDMI/HDCP ready, though you may not get full HD resolution of 1080p.Since 24" (1080p) monitors still cost a bomb, I am half inclined to place an order for this.

This 22'' monitor has recently been the the PC Magazine Editor's choice (31 March 2008 ).See *www.pcmag.com/article2/0,2817,2280408,00.asp

AFAIF DELL SP2208WFP is an overrated monitor with an inferior panel..

best monitors in 22" categories from dell are ultrasharp 2208WFP & E228WFP as far as color reproduction is concerned..these two monitors use better quality panel

it is weird but true that SP2208WFP is inferior ..

Ponmayilal

Attitude matters
AFAIF DELL SP2208WFP is an overrated monitor with an inferior panel..

best monitors in 22" categories from dell are ultrasharp 2208WFP & E228WFP as far as color reproduction is concerned..these two monitors use better quality panel

it is weird but true that SP2208WFP is inferior ..

I have already referenced PC Magazine's review dated 31 March 2008.As regards color reproduction this is what it says ".... TrueColor enables the SP2208WFP to display 92 percent of the NTSC color spectrum, whereas standard monitors typically display 72 percent."

This is what ZDNet's review dated 01 April 2008 says " The Dell SP2208WFP turned in unparalleled performance on our DisplayMate benchmarks. Along with the Samsung 2232GW, it separated itself from the pack. The SP2208WFP's aggregate score of 90 on our DisplayMate suite of tests is the highest such score we've seen to date. There was no area of weakness. It scored highly throughout, with top scores on grayscale and color tests and uniformity and sharpness tests."
*review.zdnet.com/lcd-monitors/dell-sp2208wfp/4505-3174_16-32909878.html

Both have used the industry standard Displaymate to test and have arrived at essentially the same results certifying its stellar performance.

Based on the above two reviews and other customer reviews here and there, I have decided to go in for one in the next one or two days.

and yes it is a TN panel as is E228wfp, but more refined feature wise and performance wise.Why compare it with Ultrasharp which has a superior panel no doubt, but also will cost a bomb?(Dell india site does not list Ultrasharp 2208WFP and its price, but 20" itself costs above Rs.18900 and 24" about Rs.45,000)

I shall only be glad to know the basis on which you have expressed that SP2208WFP has an inferior panel and color reproduction as compared to E2208WFP, before I take the plunge:) .

Last edited:
OP
vivekbabbudelhi

vivekbabbudelhi

shadow hunter
^^ based upon views of experienced users who have owned all 3 of them..:p
secondly ultrasharp 2208WFP is also a TN, 2007WFP is S-IPS ,S-PVA & 2408 S-PVA....currently 2208 ultrasharp has been disabled at dell india site

world wide E228WFP has most happy users

Last edited:

iChaitanya

Journeyman
Hey guys, please take it easy!

Well, according to my knowledge, the E228WFP has the backlight bleeding problem. Some people are saying that this monitor is not at all suited for graphic designers are the colours are not reproduced at their best. This monitor is very good for gaming and watching movies. I have gathered this much information after reading various reviews.

@vivekbabbudelhi
Can you tell me what all advantages/disadvantages did you notice in this (E228WFP) monitor? Well, in all the reviews that i have read, they are saying that this monitor is very good for multimedia.

Haven't read much about the SP2208WFP.

OP
vivekbabbudelhi

vivekbabbudelhi

shadow hunter
my understanding is based upon the reading of forums where multiple users have owned those panels...

IMHO good forums are best place to learn & understand facts rather than biased reviews as review conditions & usage conditions are world apart

as far as backlight bleeding is concerned,AFAIK almost every other Lcd monitor has this problem anywhere from E228WFP to ULTRASHARP 2208WFP TO ULTRASHARP 2007WFP TO 2408WFP TO 3008WFP.....

its upto the user how much can he tolerate

in last 3 years i have myself owned 4 top quality lcd monitors plus i have helped about 10-12 different other people in person in their rigs...so my opinion goes this way..

my last words on this topic

out
vivek

Ponmayilal

Attitude matters
DELL SP2208WFP user reviews here:
1. *reviews.pricegrabber.com/flat-panel-lcd-monitors/m/59150030/st=product/sv=review/

7 reviews and all 7 five star rating. manipulated? I shall not say.

2. *reviews.dell.com/2341/320-6252/reviews.htm

131 reviews with an average rating of 4.5 out of 5. manipulation by DELL? I shall not say unless I can prove it.

3.Two Expert reviews by PC Magazine and ZDNet-References already given. biased? I shall not say.

4. Forums: yes,I have seen some discussions in techenclave.com where viekbabbudelhi is a member. And so am I :). Any one even without membership check out this or any other forum whether anything that it is an inferior panel is given out by the experienced users between the two cousins.

I am an ordinary user. Except that I own a DELL Ultrasharp 1704FPT for the last three or four years, I have not owned or seen any other flat panels in my life , much less any significant number of the recently introduced SP2208WFP.So I shall only present what I have come across for you to see and decide and shall not make any seemingly unreal statements with the limited exposure at best:)

Last edited:
OP
vivekbabbudelhi

vivekbabbudelhi

shadow hunter
^^ look i have nothing to prove nor anything to suggest

DELL SP2208WFP is a RTA overdriven panel..
RTA have their own sorts of problems in comparison to panels without RTA

RTA errors are one hell of a pain for TN panels, remember viewsonic 19" VX series

for a TN panel non-RTA response time of 5ms is just great
when non-RTA response time is more than 5ms then manufacturers resort to RTA overdrive

more or less TN panels with RTA are prone to errors ranging from pixelation in text to choppy frames..

best TN panels are ones without RTA having response time of 5ms or less

FYI SP2208WFP has RTA errors associated with pixelation in text

hope it helps everyone:)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom