[Complaint] Dell awkward service

bubusam13

Human
My younger brother bought Dell XCD35 and its not even 1 year, his handset gone bad. So he submitted it to Dell CC. Read this mails that he wrote in frustration.

Sent: Wednesday, November 14, 2012 11:08 AM
To: DellIndia_telecomsales
Subject: not giving any response

To whom it may concern,

Your service centre located at chetpet, Chennai is not giving any response to any queries. i gave my phone, dell xcd35 about 1 and a half months ago, they said its going to be replaced but every time i hear the same old story, will give you a response.But today when i called i came to know, the engineer is off day, but on their conversions beside the call i came to know he is on duty and was lying that he is off day. I am thinking now of giving a complaint to consumer forum on behalf of the service centre but before that i want to make you guys notice about it. cause water is above the limit.

DELL's Reply

Dear Mr. ######### #######

Thank you for contacting Dell

We would like to inform you presently we are facing some shortage in supply of XCD 35 from our manufacturing unit, we are following with our manufacturing team on same and as per the update fresh units are expected in few days once we have the stock we will send them to our service center and inform the engineer to do your set replacement on priority . Kindly Cooperate

Seema M
Dell |Telco Customer support India
Toll Free : 1800-425- 4050 Ext: 8531-Email seema_m1@dell.com

My work schedule is 9:00 am - 6:00 pm IST, Monday to Friday. For escalated issues mail at Dellindia_telecoms@dell.com

What should he do ? It has been about 2 months now. He stays far away from home and he needs the cell phone badly. The customer service guy is lying to him by asking someone to answer the phone that he is absent. My brother overheard him saying so. They should tell the truth if there is no stock etc. Else they must give a replacement with a different one.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
tell them to replace it with some another model ( with similar specs ) and see what they do.

Myth

Cyborg Agent
Ask them which model they are offering as replacement. The replacement might be equal to the depreciated value of the original model.
Do some research on it to ensure you are getting a fair deal.

shaunak

Tux Fan
I am facing the exact same problem with the exact same phone!

The service center had had my phone for 60 days now. And today they informed me that they need another 30 days to fix it.

Top Bottom