Dell 19" Monitor SE198WFP

Status
Not open for further replies.

mumble

Broken In
I would like to buy this monitor.

Any suggestions for a better one. Right now, do not need HDMI, USB ports, Full HD, and I need only 19" as 22" is too large a size for me.

The big disadvantage I see is that it has no height or swivel adjustment. Is there any means possible to have height adjustable stand for this, optional? Anyone using? (other than adjusting table height :D)

The other monitor I see from Dell India site is UltraSharp 1909W link which has ht adjustment. But do not know its price and performance as it is a new one. Any idea?

Please suggest.

Last edited:

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
if you want monitor with height adjustment, go for 1909wfp. but for the price of 1909wfp(around 12k), you wll get a 22" display. I don't think that height/swivel is that important.

Liverpool_fan

Sami Hyypiä, LFC legend
Dell 198WFP is an excellent Monitor. However if you want Height adjustments, go as Desiibond suggested.
However I am not sure why height adjustment is required for you. The Dell 198WFP can be rotated and thus can be accomodated for certain heights.

OP
M

mumble

Broken In
I called the dell dealer and he told price of Ultrasharp 1909W is 8.5 total, which has ht adjustment, usb. But Ultrasharp 1908W was having contrast issues, so doubtful abt dis new one.

Does anyone own Dell Ultrasharp 1909W ???

And 198wfp seems out of stock.

Liverpool_fan

Sami Hyypiä, LFC legend
I called the dell dealer and he told price of Ultrasharp 1909W is 8.5 total, which has ht adjustment, usb. But Ultrasharp 1908W was having contrast issues, so doubtful abt dis new one.

Does anyone own Dell Ultrasharp 1909W ???

And 198wfp seems out of stock.

Definitely Not the 1908W. I dunno about 1909W though(never heard of it).

I think you should rather wait for 198WFP. It is really that good. Believe me. :)

OP
M

mumble

Broken In
tried a lot to get dell se198wfp, seems out of stock for days. any1 can get me any dealers numbers, south India preferred? :sad::sad::sad::sad:

or dell direct, but the dell site people are of no use, they quote diff models.

any1 knw how much dell sp2008wfp cost now? is it gud?

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
yes. 2008WFP is also a great model. But do remember that you now get BenQ 22" for 11.5k and new 22" (without HDMI) for 10.7k. They are much better models. (you do need a supporting graphics card).

OP
M

mumble

Broken In
Its available here in calicut,shop PhNo 0495-2727045,u wer in kerala?

im near tvm. is that shop trustable? called dat shop, not available.

yes. 2008WFP is also a great model. But do remember that you now get BenQ 22" for 11.5k and new 22" (without HDMI) for 10.7k. They are much better models. (you do need a supporting graphics card).

i really did consider dis benQ model, having full HD and hdmi. the 22" size is too much for me, and the reviews abt dis model performance wise is a bit low. but its abundant in features.

really in dilemma..

Last edited:

thinknano

Broken In
Well..go for dell 22" or give the money I'll buy one..... :D
I am loosing my mind seeing someone has the money but don't want that DELL 22"...man you got to be kidding.....sorry I am running out of money and fueling myself with the left over emotions....

well best of luck.....
get the best for your self and have fun!!!!

OP
M

mumble

Broken In
Well..go for dell 22" or give the money I'll buy one..... :D
I am loosing my mind seeing someone has the money but don't want that DELL 22"...man you got to be kidding.....sorry I am running out of money and fueling myself with the left over emotions....

well best of luck.....
get the best for your self and have fun!!!!

dell 22?

thinknano

Broken In

^^are you a robot?? :D arey yaar 22" means the Dell 22" lcd monitor....and I can't remember the model no...so only Dell 22"

for me the size matters and also from dell only!!! ;)

OP
M

mumble

Broken In
^^are you a robot?? :D arey yaar 22" means the Dell 22" lcd monitor....and I can't remember the model no...so only Dell 22"

for me the size matters and also from dell only!!! ;)

who asked abt 22" dell :confused:, no hdmi. n do you knw the price of it, 5k more than benq? n who told i ve enough money to get 22 dell? :D

for me, monitor size doesnt matter, as i ve said before. only JUST considered benq 22 due to its features and inavailability of dell 198wfp.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom