Delhi gang rape case accused commits ‘suicide’

Vignesh B

Youngling
Ram Singh, the prime accused in the December 16 gang-rape of a 23-year-old girl here, allegedly committed suicide in a high-security cell in Tihar Jail early this morning.
According to prison authorities, the 33-year-old accused hanged himself with the help of his clothes from the grills of his cell in Jail No 3 at around 5 a.m.

Ram Singh, main accused in the Dec 16 gang-rape of a 23-year-old, did not commit suicide; he was murdered in Delhi’s Tihar Jail, his family members said Monday.
“He was killed and later hanged in the jail. He told us several times that he was threatened in the jail. We lodged a complaint in this regard. It was not suicide,” said Mangey Lal, Ram Singh’s father, talking to reporters outside Tihar jail.

Source : The Hindu

Hrishi

Well , they must have tortured him well enough in TIhar Jail. But as far as the "Murder" thing is concerned , I don't think so.
Nobody would "dare" or take the risk to do it.

sujoyp

Grand Master
Hope its a murder and not an 'easy' suicide ....even now when i read the story of how brutally they raped and beat the girl it shivers me and get tears in my eyes..

dashing.sujay

Moving
Staff member
It's a murder for sure, read the full news before commenting.

PS: It totally bounces my mind when people start posting such things as "news" here. I expect some mature behaviour people.

sujoyp

Grand Master
@dashing sujay ....I thought we r just a bunch of casual friends discussing a news :)

btw Thanks for the update

krishnandu.sarkar

Simply a DIGITian
Staff member
Well almost everyone already knew that other cell mates will torture them to the extent and even kill them in jail even if court doesn't state hang till death. Though this is against the law, but I support this incident. Only political people can't use law to defend themselves, even general people can use it too.

dashing.sujay

Moving
Staff member
@dashing sujay ....I thought we r just a bunch of casual friends discussing a news :)

btw Thanks for the update

this is the news section, so its news . you cant say what to post and what not to :)

I'm not saying what to post or what not to.

I just meant to say that these types of news are seriously of sub-par standard to share on a tech-forum. If you really thing it's worthy to share, then you put a question on your worthiness.

PS: No more argument on this. I just stated my view. Everybody has got the "fundamental" right to share what he thinks/believes right.

Cheers!

rakesh_ic

Cyborg Agent
I wish that 17 year old @#$%^^& in the group dies a similar death or even worser one.

He doesnt deserve a single breath after what he has done to a poor soul.

rakesh_ic

Cyborg Agent
you will eliminate only the gun, not the one who fired it.

Infact I would say media has to air all the actions or the torture these guys are subjected to.

The police should reveal all of them and make sure it reaches the right ears.

There is no point media bringing out thousand rape cases unless they show the justice and the police torture to the public so that the wanna be rapists are aware of the consequences and fear the punishment. If not by sane, atleast by fear that we need to conquer this evil.

PS:: I know no one (read police) can do anything to these #$%^&&* as there are other groups called human rights/political interests that spring into action to protect these wrong doers.

NoasArcAngel

Wise Old Owl
Infact I would say media has to air all the actions or the torture these guys are subjected to.

The police should reveal all of them and make sure it reaches the right ears.

There is no point media bringing out thousand rape cases unless they show the justice and the police torture to the public so that the wanna be rapists are aware of the consequences and fear the punishment. If not by sane, atleast by fear that we need to conquer this evil.

PS:: I know no one (read police) can do anything to these #$%^&&* as there are other groups called human rights/political interests that spring into action to protect these wrong doers.

true that, we need to conquer them with fear, and make them realize that what they are doing is wrong.

Renny

Padawan
This brute died too easily..he should have experienced a more lingering death.

And as usual the so called human rights activists tried to get their 2 minutes of fame on TV. What they should understand is that when a person has committed a crime so heinous/brutal..he/she has flung all the rights they deserve right outta the window.

Top Bottom