deleting browsing history

Status
Not open for further replies.

andy_65_in

Padawan
how can one delete browsing histroy.im having trouble while using the safety icon method in my vista home business pc as the history doesnt get deleted at all

abhinav_sinha

Journeyman
Which browser are you using? If using IE then go to control panel>>internet opt. clear history. if using firefox go to tools>>clear recent history. If you use IE I would advice you to use firefox seeing your need to clearing history. it also gives you setting for not keeping track of browsing history so you don't have to clear history manually all the time. all these settings are present in tools>>options .

khmadhu

change is constant!!
yeah use firefox.. and it also has private browsing.. which once enabled for a session will not keep any information on the disk..

or else use cc cleaner.. it cleans all browser cookies,caches... etc

OP
A

andy_65_in

Padawan
i m using google(normal)

---------- Post added at 11:12 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:07 AM ----------

i am using normal google search engine but even with adv sys 3 etc cant delete the history-its really frusutrating

---------- Post added at 11:14 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:12 AM ----------

im using normal google.cant delete history even with adv sysy 3.helpmplease

Cool Buddy

Wise Old Owl
well, you couldn't tell the name of the browser after 3 posts. try ccleaner, it clears google chrome's history as that is what I suppose you mean by normal Google. Otherwise, you can try opera, it gives option of deleting individual history items from history page.

CA50

Cyborg Agent
all browser have the option for deleting the private contents. You can use 3rd party softwares like Privacy cleaner to clean. I think CCleaner can also do the same thing

Aspire

Padawan
^^ this can be done in every browser not only chrome easily however Advanced Sys care 3 does it for you at your system start-up.
what i mean there was incognito mode in Chrome

i m using google(normal)

---------- Post added at 11:12 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:07 AM ----------

i am using normal google search engine but even with adv sys 3 etc cant delete the history-its really frusutrating

---------- Post added at 11:14 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:12 AM ----------

im using normal google.cant delete history even with adv sysy 3.helpmplease

What do you exactly mean by normal google?
please clarify.....

Rahim

Married!
The poster is really paranoid, arey bhai aisa kya dekh liya ki history delete karne ki itni desperation ho gayii? :D

I think you have to turn off Auto FIll/Form option or something....if i understood you correctly.

Name of The Browser???

Aspire

Padawan
:rofl: :rofl:
@andy
you need to tell us your browser!!!!

and there's no need to be so paranoid..............
there are some guys out here on TDF, who post screenies of their browsing without checking which all are tabs open (first tab) :lol:

Last edited:

cooldip10

In the zone
Use CCleaner. It is comes handy in deleting browser history. You can also delete the corrupted registry entries too.

Cool Buddy

Wise Old Owl
OK, now I assume the thread starter is using IE although he seems to be too embarrassed to reply. But just in case you are reading this, go to c:\documents and settings\<your user name>\local settings\history in Windows XP or c:\users\<your user name>\local settings\history and delete what you want to delete from there. One of my friends had once asked me the same question. I didn;t know the answer at that time (around 3 years back). i had searched the whole registry but couldn't help him. But I really had a good laugh at his situation. He said that if he deletes the whole history, his father would understand the reason! :-D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom