deleted file recoverey from exfat external hard disc

gurujee

Can't Talk. In The Zone.
I have a 500gb segate HD which i have formatted to exfat for compatibility with both windows and mac. I had a 6gb video file in that which i deleted 3-4months ago. I want to recover that file (i know it may not be 100% possible).

Problem is, I use EASEUS Data Recovery software and it works great with internal drive. but it fails to recognize my exfat harddisk. I googled and found out that there is no conversion process for exfat to ntfs. My doubt is-

if i move my files from extrnl HD, then quick format it to ntfs, and then use the software to recover that files,; is it advisable or is there any other methods for it.

pls help, i want that video file desperately.

meetdilip

Computer Addict
I doubt it, once you change the file system, lesser the chance of recovery. You may need to find a tool which can recover from exfat.

PS : I am no pro, wait for further comments.

silva3

Right off the assembly line
Try Remo file recovery software. It can recover deleted files from FAT and NTFS formatted External hard disk drive. I hope you will find your files using its trial version. Download the free-to-try version of the software and evaluate your chances of recovery.
External Hard Drive Recovery Software - Recover Deleted Files from External HDD

OP
gurujee

gurujee

Can't Talk. In The Zone.
HI bro try to use stellar phoenix its free and power full tool.
hey thanks .... i have use stellar pheonix and remo as suggested by silva3.

remo solved my problem by 70%. the file was recovered but the first some minutes were missing.

MayCai368

Right off the assembly line
Data Recovery on Mac App Store, it is very helpful for recover external hard disc

Mac App Store - Data Recovery

But it just is compatible with Mac OSX 10.6.6 or later.

Top Bottom