Delayed write failed!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

pushkaraj

In the zone
I hav 3 hard disks(80 + 40 + 40). On one of the 40gb hd, i hav kept a single partition of 37gb out of which 36gb is occupied(I now regret doing dat:mad: ). Of late, whenever i copy any data from that hd to other hds it takes a long time and if i stop the copying process, then i get the error Delayed write failed and the location that it says is G:\$MFT. I checked the size of MFT on that drive thru Diskeeper. It is 421 MB and 2% used.

I really want to save my data but can't figure out how to do dat:( . Can sum1 help me?

Sukhdeep Singh

Host4Cheap.org
Same thing happened to me last week. copy whatever you need fast, your HDD is giving up like mine did after 5yrs which i used like a pendrive :D

pannaguma

Turn The Page
my first HD a 20gb seagate lasted only 3 and a half years before dying. second one is nearly 3 years old now.:(

Btw does a 'tch-tch' noise from the HD during the bios screen at startup mean a HD crash?

Lucky_star

Still Shining!
Are you using a 40 pin cable instead of the 80 pin for connecting your HD?

See the solutions described here and here

OP
pushkaraj

pushkaraj

In the zone
Thanx every1 for ur suggestions. Yesterday was a very hectic day for me. I took backup of my 35gb of data that is 8 dvds in all. Now i hav formatted dat drive and also checked it for errors. Am thinking of putting back data on it and check if it is still misbehaving!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom