Decrompression?

Status
Not open for further replies.

karmanya

Journeyman
Im trying to decompress a file of around 6.28 gigs which is split into some 60 odd files of 95 MB each. (No prizes for guessing what I'm trying to decompress). Running through Winrar gives me an error saying *Not enough space on disk* and an error saying *Only NTFS file system supports files above 4 gb* or something to that effect. 7-zip gives me only a not enough space on disk error and PeaZip gives me a Unexpected error number 112. The wierd thing is i know that the drive I'm extracting to has roughly 20 gigs of space.
Anyone know what to do?

debsuvra

is NOT a PC/Mac
You are using FAT32 file system on your HDD which allows the maximum of a 4 GB for a single file in a partition. In this case you are trying to decompress a file that is more than 6 GB, so the file system simply wold not allow it. Try to decompress it in a drive formatted with NTFS.

(No prizes for guessing what I'm trying to decompress)

I think you are trying to decompress the image of an Apple Mac OS X Leopard DVD which is a DL-DVD and almost the same size as quoted in your post.

The Conqueror

Elevating Humanity
To convert your drive to NTFS do this :

Start > Run > Type cmd > convert drive_letter: /fs:ntfs

for eg. if u want to Convert Drive C:

type :
convert C: /fs:ntfs or if it is D: then convert D: /fs:ntfs

I highly Recommened to convert ur drive to NTFS unless u want to run older MS OS like Windows 98/95 etc....
They give better security and can handle bigger files.
Hope i help you.
If any quires/doubts post here I will solve them

J

joy.das.jd

game dvd image from reloaded !!!!!!!!!!!

99.99% chance of that ...:p:p:p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom