decide your distribution

Status
Not open for further replies.

lamrinnirmal

Journeyman
been seeing lots of posts , people asking "which distro is the best" etc etc. the real question is "which distro is good for you". depending on your level of knowledge of computers and linux you would be comfortable using a certain distro.
here's an online wizard which will help you decide on a distro based on a few questions:
*www.zegeniestudios.net/ldc/

GNUrag

FooBar Guy
Hmm, this wizard was fairly accurate for me. It selected Debian/Ubuntu for me, the one i actually use. But that could be because it specifically asked which package manager you prefer (apt-get / rpm / portage .....)
*img297.imageshack.us/img297/7237/distro0si.th.png

tuxfan

Technomancer
It told me Mandriva. I have that at home :)

I delibrately skipped the package question to avoid what GNUrag experienced and gave a neutral answer.

But it doesn't have the distro that I use in its list of available distros - PCQ Linux!! :(

ujjwal

Padawan
I am glad I found this thread while searching the forum, this is quite a nice test that actually can be of good use to many people.

I tried this, and another similiar test, and both seemed to recommend Debian for me. I have tried debian a little and I liked it, although my first choice is Arch Linux as it has a mix several good features of many other distributions. I suppose it did not select that as I specified an old computer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom