Decent SE model

Status
Not open for further replies.

djmykey

Let the music play.....
Hello All,

I have been scouring the internet for quite sometime in search for a good decent phone, to replace my N6600. I came down to w580i, k790i, k810i, w610i and w660i. I liked the w660i because I'm not much into cams and stuff (hardly ever click) and even if I do I have a 2MP cam. Music is a necessary. So please guys help me decide. I voted against w610i because its buttons are weird, and the k-series is more inclined towards the cams than the music section. And also the k-series is thicker than the w-series ones. I wouldn't mind the w580i but I heard that the keypad gets cracked after sometime. If anyone could throw some light out here on this point.

TIA
Michael.

infra_red_dude

Wire muncher!
I would certainly recommend W580i. Its a cool phone with nice features. Regarding cracking of keypad after "sometime", I really dunno from where you read this coz its not been that "sometime" since this model has been launched!

Contact Dark Star. He has one. He can give you a hands-on experience on this model.

W660i looks nice in black. Its more like W610i - EDGE + 3G + Difference keypad.

a_k_s_h_a_y

Dreaming
ok so you must then choose from w660 or w580
w660 is good as its got 3G .. ! its a superb stylish phone
man even w580i is damn cool and stylish !!

make your choice in the shop..!
in cam both are same and w610i has auto focus camera minus 3G

krazzy

Techtree Reviewer
The keypad cracking problem in S500i/W580i is indeed true. But it is a thing of the past. The first batch of these phones had that problem, but it was solved later on. I think the phones that came to india never had this problem. So you can buy it without any concerns.
Btw i'll suggest if you buy a se phone, buy one with auto focus camera even if you won't use camera much. Their recent phones without auto focus produce horrible images with all the details getting smudged in order to prevent noise. The auto focus cameras as much better and preferable even for casual photography.
Also there is no difference between sound quality of k-series and w-series phones. Its a myth that w has better sound than k. Its all depends on the headset that you use. I'll suggest you buy a K790i and HPM-70 or HPM-82 or DS970. You'll have a great camera as well as great music.

dreamcatcher

Rockin g33k
^^^+1
go for the k810i dude..its an awesome phone and the java platform se uses is subject to various mods..the jp-8 platporm by sony is one of the best platforms ever....u can change ur acoustic drivers,ur cam drivers and many more..
and trust me wen u change the acoustic drivers to neone of the walkman series...llike w810 or nethin else a cybershot phone is nuthin less to a walkman

keep in mind tht walkmans do not cum with a dedicated audio chip as yet and it rests only on the drivers...so nw its upto u...

as for warranty issues...just keep a backup of the drivers and reinstall them before sending the phn for a checkup and personal xp with se service is tht they dont giv a damn to the mods and change or repair the phn neway

so chill..

Sykora

I see right through you.
My W580 has had no cracking issues at all, even after moderately heavy use. It's a great phone.

Cool G5

Conversation Architect
Go for SE k790i.Excellent music & good camera too.Good futureproof.
If Nokia go for 5310 or 5700 express music.They beat the w series.

dreamcatcher

Rockin g33k
5700 beating walkman?? :D :D
joke of the century..dudes..i hav the 5700 and hav compared my frnds w610 to this...
5700 is utter crap as a muzic phone..it does ok with gud headphones..so add bout 1k to the org amount....then theres no bass as such and the equalizers are there just to show off....
trust me..for muzic..dont go by wat the reviewers say....try them and see...

OP
djmykey

djmykey

Let the music play.....
Ok so what if I buy the 660i I want a candy bar phone without any snazzy stuff. And yes good buttons. Dammit the k810i and w610i have weird buttons. And the k790i's cam shutter bulges outta the phone. Tats y I set my eyes on w660i, And dun worry abt the cam coz I'm gonna buy a digicam pretty soon. So wont be using that, so much. I dun want slide phones becoz the slider creeps me when it becomes old and the slider becomes flimsy.

-Michael.

shashank4u

Youngling
You can go for w610i...also have a look at nokia 5310(compact,tiny and light weight never heard its sound though) and 5610(3.2mp) maybe you like them ...

vish786

"The Gentleman"
w610 is around 13-14K & if i'm not wrong w660i is same price as w610i & not yet available in MKT... w810i(9.5k) will save few bucks(ok agree few would say its outdated) it misses 3G compared to w660i.

Good Luck for deciding

dreamcatcher

Rockin g33k
w610 is round 11k....w660 is round 12.5k...
well i really think if muzics the way to go then dont consider nokia....
personal xp..i m switching to the k850 as soon as poss....
stick with se..y dnt u try the w850..its cul....
and 610 keypad sucks..

OP
djmykey

djmykey

Let the music play.....
Ok just now I was looking at some sites and am kinda inclined towards the Nokia N73 ME. Because this phone has everything that I want plus and auto focus cam with a Carl Zeiss lens and my most beloved Symbian OS. Lets see how it goes on. First of all I need to sell my N6600.

Edit: Just now had been to another building of my office and there 2 ppl using the N73 ME advised me against it. So again Im turning back to w660i & w580i yes the slider is in. So any suggestions again?? Sorry for troubling you guys so much.

TIA
-Michael.

Last edited:

choudang

Padawan
yes, i have also heard abt the same matter. I'm having SE w810i and m very much happy with the music [HPM82], now i'm looking for something extra with music & picture. I have planning to buy w580
Code:
*www.gsmarena.com/sony_ericsson_w580-1928.php
, but stucking in one point, 3G which i want to use MO. instead of w580 i'm looking for w910
Code:
*www.gsmarena.com/sony_ericsson_w910-2007.php
where i will have EDGE & 3G both, but camera remains same 2 MP where i need to increase the quality.

If i go for K810 with 3.15 MP & 3G, its good choice. but it will not have the music [like w series] and K850 with 5 MP+EDGE+3G it will rock the photography & connectivity. but I don't like the keypads for K810 & K850.

Now 'm being confused where to go, but one thing sure that i will not migrate to NOKIA except N95 8GB from my SE platform [ previous platform NOKIA]

infra_red_dude

Wire muncher!
K850i has Walkman 3. It should be aptly called WK850i!!! Its on par with walkman phones as far as music is concerned.

Btw, it doesn't make sense to switch from W810i to W580!!!

OP
djmykey

djmykey

Let the music play.....
@warrior: - 3G is still not functional by any service provider AFAIK. So the thing ur talking abt it EDGE, which is there in w580i. w660i has 3G and that would make it somewhat future proof.

Hmm, now I can take the w660i coz I dun want EDGE since I already have a good internet connection.

-Michael.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom