Decent Card for around 2k

Anish

Spectre
Hi friends,
My friend needs a good graphics card to play nfs most wanted (the latest version)
I am a total noob in this case. So kindly help to buy a good graphics card.
Budget ~ 2K

Thanks.

quicky008

Technomancer
you'll be hard pressed to find a decent card that will let you run all the latest games for such a meager price;your friend should consider extending his budget to around Rs 5000 if he's really interested in investing in a good graphics card.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
here's the Minimum gfx requirements of NFS MW 2012 :

DirectX 10.1 compatible with 512 MB RAM (ATI RADEON HD 3870 or higher performance / NVIDIA GEFORCE 8800 GT or higher performance)

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
Actually, there is no "decent" card for around 2K. :)

well that depends ;-) if Op's friend has a pc with a 915 chipset and he is using the IGP then a GPU like HD5450 is really an upgrade - he can play many old ( upto 2008) and many modern games which has no high gfx requirements but @ Op -seriously everyone should at-least post their config before making a thread asking for suggestion or we should think about something ....

anirbandd

Conversation Architect
this is a prety decent card, you will be able to play MW on low-medium settings... but expect low FPS. and low details. *www.thinkdigit.com/forum/bazaar/165705-zotac-gt520-1gb-ddr3-w-extended-warranty.html

Thetrueblueviking

No highs, No lows = Bose.
Guys what about HD 6450 ??
Its better than both - HD 5450 and the GT 520 and should be available ~ 2.4/2.5 k locally.
Benchmarks - 5450 vs 520 vs 6450
ZOTAC GeForce GT 520 1 GB Review | techPowerUp

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
^^ Thanks for the link .. I was looking for a benchmark like this for a long time ;-)

OP
Anish

Anish

Spectre
hey guyz, sorry for late reply... I was away due to my univ exams.
by the way, the gfx card is needed for the pc with c2d @ 2.93Ghz and motherboard: gigabyte G41M-Es2L

anirbandd

Conversation Architect
still same suggestion... *www.thinkdigit.com/forum/bazaar/165705-zotac-gt520-1gb-ddr3-w-extended-warranty.html

Top Bottom