Decent 3rd gen i5 performer with good screen

randomuser111

Technomancer
Probooks usually have decent screens but are not as bright as most other notebooks. Otherwise average like any other in the range 160:1 contrast and 180 nits bright.

dashing.sujay

Moving
Staff member
^Yes, due to their anti-glossy feature, it looses on brightness/contrast, but it has much better viewing angles compared to dv6.

OP
R

rohitmurarka

Broken In
@all thnx everyone for ur regular feedbacks over here...

sry for delayed response as i was lil busy. i hv almost made up my mind on thinkpad edge e430. wl wait till nxt two sunday to see if lenovo announce avlblty f 3rd gen i5 for thinkpad edge. if they dnt wud go ahead with 2nd gen thinkpad as durability is f utmost importance. And thinkpad is smthng i cud.put blind faith in that category...

rusty4ever

Right off the assembly line
I got qoutation in pune for probook 4540s i5 3rd gen 3210m around 45k. But delivery after a month....

dashing.sujay

Moving
Staff member
Which, do you reckon has the better screen ? Probook or Vaio SVS13112EN ?

Can't say as haven't used S series.

Sorry,yes!

^Yes, due to their anti-glossy feature, it looses on brightness/contrast, but it has much better viewing angles compared to dv6.

I got qoutation in pune for probook 4540s i5 3rd gen 3210m around 45k. But delivery after a month....

Which GPU ?

OP
R

rohitmurarka

Broken In
@rusty yes mate i guess u r correct with ur enquiry. in delhi dealers nt evn commiting an estimate date (neither HP nor Lenovo). And am thinking btr to wait a bit rather than crying after purchasing older model :)

tonmoyfx

Broken In
Hi guys,

I know it's an old thread, but I'm looking for exactly the same requirement.
I found Probook 4540s at Flipkart for 42k HP 4540s ProBook (3rd Gen Ci5/8GB/ 500GB/ DOS): Flipkart.com: Compare, Review HP Notebook
Is it worth it without Windows (only DOS)? Or is there a comparable /better lappy at the same price.
Please suggest. I'm also ok with 14" screen too. Please help me choose. I'm big time confused.

dashing.sujay

Moving
Staff member
Hi guys,

I know it's an old thread, but I'm looking for exactly the same requirement.
I found Probook 4540s at Flipkart for 42k HP 4540s ProBook (3rd Gen Ci5/8GB/ 500GB/ DOS): Flipkart.com: Compare, Review HP Notebook
Is it worth it without Windows (only DOS)? Or is there a comparable /better lappy at the same price.
Please suggest. I'm also ok with 14" screen too. Please help me choose. I'm big time confused.

ProBook is said to have good built quality, and I will not deny with it (had a li'l experience with it). But 42k with no OS is simply not justified. Better look out for g580 with same config @ 34k.

tonmoyfx

Broken In
ProBook is said to have good built quality, and I will not deny with it (had a li'l experience with it). But 42k with no OS is simply not justified. Better look out for g580 with same config @ 34k.
Yes, you're correct on that front too.

I saw the Lenovo model at some store the other day & was not that impressed by its looks, but no doubt that it's a good deal with the spec it packs into it.
I'm getting Dell 14R for around 42k. What do you suggest?

dashing.sujay

Moving
Staff member
Yes, you're correct on that front too.

I saw the Lenovo model at some store the other day & was not that impressed by its looks, but no doubt that it's a good deal with the spec it packs into it.
I'm getting Dell 14R for around 42k. What do you suggest?

Its OS + bad built Vs w/o OS + good built. Your call.

OP
R

rohitmurarka

Broken In
Yes, I agree Sujay for ProBook but I have chose Z580 over G580 simply due to superior build quality. I had got it through my friend from US but not 3rd Gen i5, got a nice deal so chose that.
The Z580 feels good, doesn't heat much and pretty impressed with screen, better than expectation with decent viewing angle.

@tonmoyfx: If you are looking to spend arnd 42-43, check Sony Vaio new launches. They are offering 3rd Gen I5 arnd that price and are really great.

tonmoyfx

Broken In
Yes, I agree Sujay for ProBook but I have chose Z580 over G580 simply due to superior build quality. I had got it through my friend from US but not 3rd Gen i5, got a nice deal so chose that.
The Z580 feels good, doesn't heat much and pretty impressed with screen, better than expectation with decent viewing angle.

@tonmoyfx: If you are looking to spend arnd 42-43, check Sony Vaio new launches. They are offering 3rd Gen I5 arnd that price and are really great.

Thanks for the reco:

I'm confused between: Lenovo Z580 (59-333345) Laptop (3rd Gen Core i5/ 4GB/ 500GB/ Win7 HB): Flipkart.com: Compare, Review Lenovo Notebook and HP Pavilion G6-2016TX Laptop (3rd Gen Ci5/ 4GB/ 500GB/ Win7 HB/ 1GB Graph): Flipkart.com: Compare, Review HP Notebook

I'm getting both for around the same price from local dealer. Close to around 41k. What say? Should I still look for Sony? Are the specs comparable? What benefit will sony provide over these?

OP
R

rohitmurarka

Broken In
@tonmoyfx: HP laptops are nottorious for heating beyond normal. I have picked a DV6 and it was heating like hell, couln't hold even half a min.
Have experienced same with other HP laptops too, so is the case with dell. So think before you buy HP

You are primarily left with Lenovo nad Sony. If you are willing to spend 45K do check out sony too
*www.flipkart.com/browse/computers/...ion)&ref=f13c34d2-6a8d-4a32-beae-f43178799ed4

They also have great build and very good screen. just that incase nything goes wrng, service charges are way too steep(but Sony doesn't faults more than often)

Best go to market, check out both lenovo and Sony, go with your heart since all laptops will perform equally.

Top Bottom