Deathly Hallows Query...

Status
Not open for further replies.

hpindia

Broken In
Can any one tell whats depicted on the US Scholastic version cover....where does it comes in the plot.....i jst couldnt get dat...

freshseasons

King of my own Castle
This is the Uk Version and i think it takes place where they take the help of goblin to thieve the sword.
Though its quite a cartoon one ..! Why would someone chose this scene and depict it in such a childish way.
*upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/a/a9/Harry_Potter_and_the_Deathly_Hallows.jpg/225px-Harry_Potter_and_the_Deathly_Hallows.jpg

And which US version you mean.
*blog.syracuse.com/shelflife/deathly.jpg
or this
*media.canada.com/1785a528-bef3-4f04-af39-9312146bfd98/pottercoveradults2.jpg

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist
The US cover has Harry pointing towards the sky. He is talking about that.

*www.mugglenet.com/books/futurebooks/book7/front-2.jpg

I dunno which scene it is. The UK version shows them in Gringotts.

alsiladka

Noobie Pro
To understand the cover properly, you must take a look at the complete cover, including the backside. Here is the cover art -

*media.mugglenet.com/i//dhcovers/dhusfull.jpg

As you can see, both harry and voldy are pointing towards the same thing, both are wandless, are surrounded by people wearing hoods.

Here is what the US Edition author spoke about the cover - "We're seeing Harry in a very interesting situation. Readers will find out exactly what the situation is."

Well i could not yet understand where this scene took place. If anybody of you does understand it, please post your comments.

kumarmohit

Technomancer
Its the end of the Dark Lord, both have fired the final curses, the elder wand is in the air, and both are trying to catch it.

freshseasons

King of my own Castle
^^^^^^
********Spoiler Warning ******
Dont read further.

I dont think this is what exactly happens in the end.
Only Voldermort fires Avada Kederva the Final curse. Harry just fires Expilliarmus .
Voldermort dies when his own spell is rebounced and is in no position to catch it. Its Harry who catches the Elder Wand.
:)
Hey the Epilogue was so done badly ..shouldnt she have skipped the last chapter.

OP
H

hpindia

Broken In
@kumarmohit
In this picture both harry n voldy r wandless...while in the book its not so....and does this arena seems like hogwarts at all?
Thirdly...if i am not mistaken...in this pic harry seems to hav that scar...while in the book...he didnt..

pritish_kul2

★★★★★★★★★
which is the us and which is uk? plzz be clear
*img329.imageshack.us/img329/7940/potterto4.th.jpg
UK Children Edition published by Bloomsbury
*img405.imageshack.us/img405/2592/potter1ch8.th.jpg
*img405.imageshack.us/img405/9238/potter2ir0.th.jpg
UK Adult Edition published by Bloomsbury
*img98.imageshack.us/img98/8967/potter3so9.th.jpg
*img165.imageshack.us/img165/7281/potter4wd8.th.jpg

Last edited:

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist
The second one is the UK edition and the third one is the US edition.

@alsiladka, whatever happened to posting thumbnails, mate? :p

alsiladka

Noobie Pro
I posted it in a hurry before going to coll :)

Plus, had i used a thumbnail, most of the people would not have seen the full picture, and i felt that what most of the people saw or knew as the US Cover was less than half the story. Seeing the full picture simply changes the perception of the cover. :D Did i get myself thru for not posting the thumbnail ;)

@kumarmohit,
its not the scene you are saying. this is not hogwarts, and voldy died the moment the spell hit him.

Plus, whats strange is that there are stage like curtains at the xtreme ends as well as stone and a wooden log in the middle. Peculiar scene!!

Does not seem like Forbidden Forest as well.

sandeepk

Journeyman
That scene is probably happening at hogwarts only. No other scene which I remember resembles it. Other place might be Malfoy Manor but it seems odd.

xbonez

NP : Crysis
hpindia said:
@kumarmohit
Thirdly...if i am not mistaken...in this pic harry seems to hav that scar...while in the book...he didnt..

harry's scar doesn't go away. he, in fact, even has it in the epilogue 19yrs later

Quiz_Master

* Teh Flirt King *
Yes his scar remains with him.
He only gets rid of scar in King Cross Chapter...
Maybe scar was not there cause he was kinda dead that time...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom