Deadly Virus Not Opening (Corrupted) MS Office Word 2007 Documents

Discussion in 'Software Q&A' started by jbohaj, Sep 16, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jbohaj

jbohaj New Member

Deadly Virus Corrupt MS Office Word 2007 Documents

A deadly Virus Corrupt MS Office Word 2007 (.Docx) & MS Office Word 2003 (.Doc) documents.

Errors occurred while opening MS Office - Word 2007 documents (.docx)
    In MS Office Enterprise Edition 2007, I double click to open the Word Document (the documents are also initially created in the same Office 2007 Enterprise Edition) but the following Error appear: -

(1) The Office Open XML File <Filename.docx> cannot be opened because there are problems with the contents.

After pressing OK, the following message appear: -

(2) Word found unreadable content in <Filename>. Do you want to recover the content of this document? If you trust the soruce of this documents, click
    Yes.

After pressing Yes, the same (1) Dialog Box appear. Then I press Ok but NO further dialog box appear.

After clicking on Details, this message appear: -
    No Error report is available.

Please help me to Recover Word 2007 Documents

Last edited: Sep 16, 2009
  2. nileshgr

nileshgr Active Member

try to disinfect the file using avast. avast is the best antivirus i have ever used. (others: norton, avg, zonealarm, comdo, avira, ...)

3. di9it

di9it thinking di9it'al

I think its not the Word Documents that are infected but your Word Installation.
    A virus usually attacks executable files not the data files(like .doc, .mp3).
    Your system might be infected with a virus which has infected the Word installation. You should install an anti virus software and scan for viruses.
    -
    Also try reinstalling MS Word and open your documents with the fresh installation. You may also check your documents by opening them in some other PC...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.