Dead PS3

Status
Not open for further replies.

anirbandd

Conversation Architect
My PS3 just died. Rip ps3. It has served me for a long 5 years, working tirelessly in extreme hot weather, dust and for 9-10 hours at stretches.
Yes. It served me well.

Now... What to do with it? It has no resale value.. But since i live at a PG i want to offload it fast and get the slim one.

I had heard of Sony taking in dead ps3s and providing new ones at a subsidised rate. Is this true and still available??

Gollum

Collector
My PS3 just died. Rip ps3. It has served me for a long 5 years, working tirelessly in extreme hot weather, dust and for 9-10 hours at stretches.
Yes. It served me well.

Now... What to do with it? It has no resale value.. But since i live at a PG i want to offload it fast and get the slim one.

I had heard of Sony taking in dead ps3s and providing new ones at a subsidised rate. Is this true and still available??
gt it fixed bro or buy ps3 12gb and swap the hdd.
ps: the psu has a fuse, chances are that it may have blown up.
opening a ps3 is very easy. checkout you tube

OP
anirbandd

anirbandd

Conversation Architect
I opened it up.

Everything is okay... I dont know what the problem is. Will order a thermal paste today.

Anyone know any alternative for isopropyl alco?? Need to clean the old paste.

srkmish

Ambassador of Buzz
RIP. Gaming machines are such spiritual devices. Although i dont play anymore, i still take out my Wii when my baby cousins come over and i have a blast :D

OP
anirbandd

anirbandd

Conversation Architect
any suggestions for thermal pastes??

- - - Updated - - -

Arctic Silver 5 is damn costly.. i dont want to spend so much on a paste that i'll use only a couple of drops.

if this fials, i'll try at the service center for a subsidised PS3, or get the cheaper 12Gb and swap the HDD

- - - Updated - - -

is the deepcool Z3 good??

- - - Updated - - -

or maybe Deepcool Z5??

or any Coolermaster pastes??

please help.

- - - Updated - - -

ordered DeepCool Z5 from Snapdeal at Rs. 450.

seems decent enough. got good review at hardwaresecrets.com

Gollum

Collector
any suggestions for thermal pastes??

- - - Updated - - -

Arctic Silver 5 is damn costly.. i dont want to spend so much on a paste that i'll use only a couple of drops.

if this fials, i'll try at the service center for a subsidised PS3, or get the cheaper 12Gb and swap the HDD

- - - Updated - - -

is the deepcool Z3 good??

- - - Updated - - -

or maybe Deepcool Z5??

or any Coolermaster pastes??

please help.

- - - Updated - - -

ordered DeepCool Z5 from Snapdeal at Rs. 450.

seems decent enough. got good review at hardwaresecrets.com

you asked the questions and answered them yourself.
Is your ps3 completely dead or goes off after a while. You didn't exactly describe what is wrong with it.
Dismantling it completely is a bit difficult.

OP
anirbandd

anirbandd

Conversation Architect
The console goes off after a while. Blinking red light. Started with the TLoU bug. Then it trickled down to every game. Sometimes on autosave... Sometimes on loading,... Sometimes just like that.

Gollum

Collector
The console goes off after a while. Blinking red light. Started with the TLoU bug. Then it trickled down to every game. Sometimes on autosave... Sometimes on loading,... Sometimes just like that.

Have you tried running it while its open to see if its an overheating problem?
Mine was clean but these days the temperature is quite hot here so I'm not running it.
I have a PC with strong cooling so I am sticking to rocksmith2014 till the weekend. When I get pack to ISS on PS4

OP
anirbandd

anirbandd

Conversation Architect
Have you tried running it while its open to see if its an overheating problem?
Mine was clean but these days the temperature is quite hot here so I'm not running it.
I have a PC with strong cooling so I am sticking to rocksmith2014 till the weekend. When I get pack to ISS on PS4

Its turning on but not showing any display. Nor is the controller connecting. :(

The thermal paste is dry. Let me remove it first and apply new one. Then I'll know for sure.

OP
anirbandd

anirbandd

Conversation Architect
The dead has risen!!! :hyper: :')

uploadfromtaptalk1396682643098.jpguploadfromtaptalk1396682663212.jpg

rish1

Cyborg Agent
congo if it dies again and doesn't come back you can give that to sony centre and get 25% discount of the mrp of new PS3...

but unless you are really playing all the time i would suggest you to wait till september... as the new cooler and smaller PS3 will arrive this year and with a price cut.. it will be built on 28nm .. the current Ps3 is stuck at 45nm

Gollum

Collector
congo if it dies again and doesn't come back you can give that to sony centre and get 25% discount of the mrp of new PS3...

but unless you are really playing all the time i would suggest you to wait till september... as the new cooler and smaller PS3 will arrive this year and with a price cut.. it will be built on 28nm .. the current Ps3 is stuck at 45nm
links or it didnt happen

rish1

Cyborg Agent
links or it didnt happen

Sony PS3 revision coming in 2014, to feature 28nm RSX and 22nm Cell processor

you can google more... and it has already happened just not on a large commercial scale as of yet.. PS gaikai service is utilizing the cluster Of new custom PS3 made on the newer process..

the last CPU/GPU revision came in 2010 to 40 nm.. then they skipped 32nm and revised just the motherboard and body in 2012.. so a 28nm or a 22nm is definitely due this year .. that is the only way they can get the price down..

OP
anirbandd

anirbandd

Conversation Architect

Sony PS3 revision coming in 2014, to feature 28nm RSX and 22nm Cell processor

you can google more... and it has already happened just not on a large commercial scale as of yet.. PS gaikai service is utilizing the cluster Of new custom PS3 made on the newer process..

the last CPU/GPU revision came in 2010 to 40 nm.. then they skipped 32nm and revised just the motherboard and body in 2012.. so a 28nm or a 22nm is definitely due this year .. that is the only way they can get the price down..

Hmm thanks a lot bud!

Yeah i will be playing a lot on the PS3 since the PC will be at home.

Let's wait and see the pricing...

BTW, are you sure on that 25% discount thing??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom