Dead Pixel Issue

powerstarprince

In the zone
It's been around 4-5 months since i have bought my asus n55 sf...
And now i found 3 dead pixels on my screen... I think so bcoz they look like black spots whenever i turn on my laptop and don't go off even after cleaning the screen.

Any thing i can do ?? to prevent these dark spots on my screen... from what i have seen before they are called dead pixels.. help me please

KDroid

Cyborg Agent
Only 3 pixels?

Different companies have different warranty policies! They specify minimum no. of dead pixels that would be covered under warranty. Check that out before walking into a service center.

jyotish

Broken In
check with the company, talk to them about your discomfort. They are the only ones who can help you in this situation, there is no artificial fix.

s18000rpm

ಠ_ಠ
For Asus, the minimum number for replacement is 3 dead pixel.
Just last month my colleague' got his laptop screen replaced.
after registering the complaint, he got a call after 3 days, told him the screen had arrived. He gave the laptop next day and got it in evening.
My laptop has 1 dead pixel and two white pixel. :|

OP
powerstarprince

powerstarprince

In the zone
thanks for the suggestions guys... and my screen is a full hd so size of dead pixel is small. Actually there are 3 from what i observed but the third one is not viably seen.
Yes, it is under waranty n' i will try calling them n ask if it's possible to replace screen.

OP
powerstarprince

powerstarprince

In the zone
how does that tool help?? hmm.. i'm yet to take it to service centre, and since it's under warranty expecting to get its screen replaced without spending money..

i have used that tool to solve my dead pixels, actually it does help for stuck pixels.. i'm yet to see the results, ppl said use pencil eraser or finger with cloth to rub the lcd at bit to make it work but i don't think so it does.

Top Bottom