Dead N8 ......

heartripple

In the zone
Hey Guys I have N8 and was using it for past 8 months without any problem and was very happy with that.

One week ago I was in my office...The WiFi network of my office was on and that's why my phone was showing that there is a few updates available for my handset ......So I went further and started updating my device...!st update for device OS was successfully installed and then I tried to update search and navigation update...update wad downloaded and while installation my phone got restarted and my bad luck ......It never happy to get switch on...after few tries once phone was switched on I immediately restored it to factory default settings.....again phone was not switching on....then I tried hard reset .....no success again.....On Monday I went to Nokia Care ...asked them to look what is wrong with my phone...On Tuesday they called me and told me phone is OK just installed a new version of OS ANNA .....I received the phone and went back to home .......when I checked my phone it was switched off ......Tried to switch on thousand of times but no success...

On Thursday I sent my phone to Nokia Care again....and this time they told me they don't know what is the problem with device OS is not getting installed ...So we are sending the device for replacement....

My question is any one of you faced this problem ??

What do you think what could be the problem ??? The new OS ANNA or something else?????

In replacement can I change the color of my handset?

Alok

Adventurer
Well i have N8 . Also i updated firmware but its working fine as before.

And in replacement , i don't think you'll get change colour. They will give you same thing.

OP
heartripple

heartripple

In the zone
I have got replacement before and that time they gave me green color simply horrified with that color...I just love black color....

Pleased to know about you N8 is working fine with ANNA OS

you will get a refurb... i got the same with my 5800... dont keep high expectations with Nokia

what does that mean?

And for your info in May 2011 my phone was slipped out of my hand and completely got wet ..I have sent it to Nokia Care ...they returned the phone with remarks... WATER DAMAGE
When I checked it I found the wallpaper at home screen was some one else picture....my friend who is technician at that Nokia Care asked my that this is not you picture then let us check the IMEI No of that device and with surprise IMEI No dint match... SO he sent back that phone with photographs and photo copy of my bill .....few days later I got brand new phone.....

I was very lucky that time.....

Last edited:

samudragupta

Youngling
I have got replacement before and that time they gave me green color simply horrified with that color...I just love black color....

Pleased to know about you N8 is working fine with ANNA OS

what does that mean?

this means a used phone, which is near to new. but definitely not brand new.

OP
heartripple

heartripple

In the zone
Got the phone...Used just for an hour and again dead..... And this time when I was trying to restore my back up ....phone gets connected just for 30 seconds only...no more then that..after 30 seconds phone automatically gets disconnected..tried with another data cable... but no success .....sent back to Nokia Care.....They told phone gets disconnected because of viruses....then how to explain them that I am using Quick Heal Total Security Genuine copy.... updated everyday... never found any virus on my system.....

samudragupta

Youngling
Got the phone...Used just for an hour and again dead..... And this time when I was trying to restore my back up ....phone gets connected just for 30 seconds only...no more then that..after 30 seconds phone automatically gets disconnected..tried with another data cable... but no success .....sent back to Nokia Care.....They told phone gets disconnected because of viruses....then how to explain them that I am using Quick Heal Total Security Genuine copy.... updated everyday... never found any virus on my system.....
Virus!!!!...Crap.... I don't think any one in the world has the time to create viruses for symbian os anymore.... i could have bought the point had it been android.... They are just fooling around with you.....

OP
heartripple

heartripple

In the zone
It looks like you are,first you drop your phone in water..then brick it with OTA..now this..

First of all its very tough to handle the phone that it doesnt slip out of hands...second thing .....some one suddenly pushed me very hard at station.....then how one can hold his phone....?????????

Last time....its was accidentally got updated....

so plzz guys....dont make joke with me....:evil:

adec1023

Right off the assembly line
i got Nokia C6, before 1 month was over it was dead . still at the Ncare centre. there are lots more people suffering. i dont know what reply they will give me. they have already said they need3 days more . Doesss this happen in samsung too phones? NE ONE

Top Bottom