ddr1 graphic card

aal-ok

Demon king
i have M7VIG 400 mother board and i want to buy a graphic card for it under 2k i want to play games released about the year 2007-8-9 please reply

rajatGod512

N00B Troller
graphics card are not ddr they are GDDR and no ddr1 or 2 graphics card are available , only 3 and 5 are.Moreover , that motherboard has an AGP slot which are very very old as PCI-E Slots are used these days .
So it will be impossible to find a AGP graphics card now .

Best is to save up until you can buy every new component

OP
aal-ok

aal-ok

Demon king
M7VIG 400 :: Motherboard :: BIOSTAR
it says it supports PCI

i will buy new one some time later till then i have to usee

guru_urug

iGoogle
M7VIG 400 :: Motherboard :: BIOSTAR
it says it supports PCI

i will buy new one some time later till then i have to usee

All modern Graphics Cards use the PCI-e slot. The "e" stands for express. The older PCI slots are not used for video cards anymore. Infact its worse than AGP. PCI is now used for low bandwidth hardware like sound cards, tv tuner, etc. In terms of Bandwidth PCI<AGP<<<<<PCI-e

AGP cards are too damn costly and are not worth the price at all. In the same price range you will get a PCI-e card which offers several times the performance of an AGP card. No use investing in a dead technology. If you are still adamant on getting a AGP card, look for a second hand one. Maybe look in the Bazaar section of this forum.

I would really recommend you upgrade your entire system though. Even if you get a decent motherboard+CPU with integrated graphics or better an AMD APU based platform you would enjoy a much better gaming experience than a dedicated AGP card. Trust me(and I cant stress it enough) save and upgrade the entire system, it will be much much better value for your money. If you can spare 5k right now for a AGP card. Save another 2 months, gather about 5k more then sell your system. You could get quite some money for DDR RAM if some one is in desparate need since it is not available commercially. Add that money to your budget and with that, you can build a very good PC which will give you a 100 times more performance in all aspects(Processor, Graphics, RAM) with the option to upgrade in the future.

SlashDK

MV VIP to the MAX
^^ agreed. Anyway no matter which PCI/AGP card you buy now, i highly doubt that your rig will be able to play games after 2007 like you want.

OP
aal-ok

aal-ok

Demon king
what will i get if i sell my cpu with
the specs
my PC specs:
ram:768mb
DVD : writer octoedge in good condition
hdd: 80 gb seagate barracuda
motherboard: biostar m7vig 400
cab: intex cab + a cd writer and a floppy drive