DDR & DDR2 Ram

Status
Not open for further replies.

jatinkompelli

Broken In
:D I want to buy a new pc :D

:) Everything is decided except ram :)

:cry: I asked to my retailer about DDR2 ram & he was not knowing about that, he told me it might be a dual channel ram. :cry:

:? I don't know DDR2 ram means dual channel ram or not :?

:) Plz tell me is it right :)

:) if not plz tell me the difference between them. :)

:D Thanks in advance :D

mohit

The Hardware Labs
check these links,
*www.overclockercafe.com/Articles/DDR_vs_DDR2/
read the whole article .. they have done complete benchmarking of both the rams there.

*support.intel.com/support/motherboards/desktop/sb/CS-012038.htm

btw whats the config that u r going for ? and remember ddr2 is almost double the price of ddr making it very expensive.

Nimda

l33t n00b!
Based on the dual channel system board designs, memory modules are installed on two separate channels, each with it’s own access route to the memory controller. The dual memory channel design doubles the peak bandwidth of single memory channels. Best results occur when a matched-pair memory kit is used ensuring that the modules are identical.

For more info, visit:
*www.cpuplanet.com/features/article.php/1587771

BTW regarding DDR2, the thing is that a 400 MHz ddr ram is better than a 533 MHz DDR2 ram as of date. Moreover, if you are getting an amd 64 bit processor, it is more than enough if you get a 400 MHz ddr ram. this would give you a great performance.

rohanbee

Padawan
Personally i feel dual channel ram has the same speed as a pair of evenly matched ram dimms with the same latencies, speed and configuration........maybe its just another way for the ram companies to make money.....

mohit

The Hardware Labs
Nimda said:
Moreover, if you are getting an amd 64 bit processor, it is more than enough if you get a 400 MHz ddr ram. this would give you a great performance.

dude if he is getting an amd procc he wont even have the option of going for ddr2 as amd does not suupport ddr2 as of now and i dont think it will do so in the future also. there were reports it will jump directly to ddr3.

@jatinkompelli
if u r going for amd then go for dual channel ddr 400 mhz. if u r going for intel then go for dual channel ddr2 533 mhz. all of intels latest procc and chipsets require ddr2. get 667 mhz ddr2 if in ur budget.

imjimmy

Broken In
I'm planning to get DDR 400 for my Intel System.

Can someone plz tell me which brand is good Hynix,Transcend , Kingston or any other..

I enquired 512 Mb DDR 400 for Transcend is 4k..

what is the complete spec for the ram chips..

For ex... will Kingston DDR 400 2*256Mb suffice?

Thanks

quad master

In the zone
Hynix D43 Chip based
Orignal DDR400 PC3200 2x512MB Hynix Ram.
Single 512MB Hynix is 2700 - 2800 approx.

There are many fake Hynix & Transcend rams floating in the market.

To spot the orignal Hynix look for rams which has
laser sharp written info writen on it.

Fake ones have a bit of faded prints on ram chips.

You can find Orignal Hynix at Mnemonics Systems Mumbai

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom