dd dth- how to receive extra channels?

Status
Not open for further replies.

nikhil

Broken In
I just got my dd dth installed some time back and am receiving the standard channels which are claimed to be part of the package...i would like to know if there is any possible way to receive more channels without changing the existing dd setup box.( for example, by programming ) and how exactly can it be done?

drgrudge

Another Brick in the Wall
LOL, u can't "program" the STB. U can recieve those channels only, which is all FTA channels.

But jaipal reddy was talking abt more channels for DD DTH, so u will have to wait.

OP
nikhil

nikhil

Broken In
yes there is some mention about it on the dd one of the dd sites pertaining to the dd dth(someone had mentioned it to me..but i haven't had the chance to look it up yet..i'll might do it today...well let's see what happens...and how soon

OP
nikhil

nikhil

Broken In
yea i guess that i will have to exchange the current setup box for the other companys setup box

Kannan

In the zone
I have a question too. This is not related to DTH.

I know we can receive free to air (FTA) channels using a satellite receiver and a large dish antenna.

My question is that, is there a possibility of having a normal FTA receiver with a small satellite dish similar to what we use for DTH. *members.shaw.ca/wenpigs/confused/confused1.gif

What will be the price (recevier + dish + other components such as LNB = ? ) ?. Is it possible under Rs. 5000/- ?

OP
nikhil

nikhil

Broken In
hey this dth system fits your requirement perfectly...u get alot of free to air channels and a few radio stations also...over here in lko i got my dth system for less than 2800/= but i was also able to exchange my old vcr and got a rs 1400/= discount...howzat :lol:

Kannan

In the zone
Hey Nikhil, does that mean that you can link your DTH receiver to any satellite and receive any International FTA channels ?

expertno.1

Technomancer
well ppl i gotta explain !

here

the dth service which we recive in india are from NSS6 satellite which is 95 degree east

so all the FTA channels of the sattelite are viewed by us

we have .8 m diameter dish

if we increase the diameter to 4 or 5 metres and place it in the direction of another satellite then we wiil be able to receive those channels

visit here to find how u can

www.tracksat.com

Kannan

In the zone
What do u mean by FTA guys ?

Is it FTA by the DTH service provider or is it any satellite and any service provider ?

OP
nikhil

nikhil

Broken In
if u want an example of fta (which means free to air) then one example is the dd dth service . u only pay for the hardware(one time payment) then u can view the channels/stations(whatever is available when u turn the tv set on). as for getting fta stations/channels of other service providers i'll have to check.

expertno.1

Technomancer
all the FTA channels are free and do not need and monthly cost !

DD DIRECT + channels are FTA
now u have understood

cyberia.in

In the zone
teh only way to get extra channels without paying is to point the fish at another sat and decrpt the channels, which i'm not telling any more about

selva1966

Journeyman
What is the picture quality you are getting nikhil?

Is it the same what the local cablewala gives or better?

Because I also would like to install dd dth.

OP
nikhil

nikhil

Broken In
hey better than the cable wallas...no static....no interferance...no static....except when there is a major thunder and lightening storm...and best of all when there is a cable walla strike(local or nation-wide) it makes no differance to us dth owners since there is no cable-walla invoved in the transmission and distribution of signals.

Kannan

In the zone
My question is that, let assume that there is a channel like BBC, in French called TV5 Asie. Now can we recive that in DD's DTH or any other DTH ??

musafir

Broken In
well...with the dd dth there is a bbc channel but it's in english..if u want to add a channel u can go thru the setuop menu and do a channel scan....and see if if your setup box picks it up...i don't think dd transmits this particular channel though

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom