Status
Not open for further replies.

justin9180

Broken In
well me n my frnd use bsnl broadband n airtel internet services respectively...
v both have dynamic IP'z n v want2 connect usin DC++
but frm wat i have heard...people connected 2 da LAN based internet service{eg:sify} can access DC++ n share stuff....n people who r usin other net services cant USE da dc++

IS it true???

legolas

Padawan
No, not necessarily, but certainly, ethernet is more advantageous.

The only thing is its a little cumbersome for you to input your dynamic IP everytime you change your IP (connect/disconnect). You will have to input it everytime you start your system/DC++.

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
DC++ can be used by anyone.It depends on what kind of server you are joining to share/download stuff.The best use of DC++ can be done if people are connected to similar ISP's with a common cable connection.This would be the most beneficial one as you can get download speeds ranging upto 10Mbps.When we had our Pacenet line we used to get the similar speeds from people in our area & to some extent,beyond it.;)

If you connect to a public server via internet then your download speeds will be limited to your internet connection.Then the download speed would be the same & it would be equivalent to that of downloading from a FTP site.The only difference is that if the user backs out from the hosted HUB then you have to wait till he reconnects or you find alternative download from some other user.

Both BSNL & Airtel broadband are based on ADSL based lines & hence DC++ would only give them internet download speeds.If you have local cable LAN based connections like Sify,Pacenet,Exattnet,TATA Indicom etc. who share their connection over ethernet cables & if they have the same cables being shared for rest of their users in your area then you might be able to host a hub & then allow other people to join it & get rapid fast download speeds.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom