Status
Not open for further replies.

panacea_amc

CBZ is better than Pulsar
hello all,
i finally managed to get a landline connection for my datone internet dial up. recently, i heard there were thefts regarding the use of private landline nos. by pcos...so, is there any way by which i can lock my landline conn and simultaneosly use it for internet dial up???

thanks in advance!!

uppalpankaj

Ambassador of Buzz
I haven't heard about this...The bsnl Dataone requires a dedicated phone line and is activated upon that no. only...Let us say if dataone has been activated at the no. 123456, it will connect only on that no. If u have 2 phone lines coming in ur home and u try 2 connect with the other phone line to dataone, it will not connect until and unless it has been activated on that no.

Infact this seems 2 b next 2 impossible coz 2 use ur dataone connection , the PCO will also require a parallel connection of ur phone no...They just can't plug any other phone line and use ur Dataone..

I have been using Dataone 4m the past 2 yrs...No problems of this sort have occurred till date...Hope this helps...

Raccoon

Journeyman
If by thefts you mean that you fear that your landline might be used by someone to make phone calls, then you could just activate the digital lock facility that BSNL provides. But AFAIK, you need STD activated on your line for the digital lock to work. The lock is operated by 1st typing 3 figures and then your 4 figure PIN number. And yes, DataOne will work even when your phone line is locked.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom