DataOne - Using Others Account!

Status
Not open for further replies.

prasanna7287

Broken In
Recently i went to my friend's home, i saw him sing his friend's dataone account. He went to the modem home page: 192.168.1.1 changed his username and password to his friend's account. Then he started to browse.. all the downloads and uploads went into his friend's account!! i was amazed.. is this allowed??

am i allowed to change my username and password to my friends.. and use it??

Prasanna.

slugger

Banned
as long as ur friend uses an account from d same city he will definitely be able to use d account

if ur friend gives u d username and password y wudnt it b allowed?

OP
P

prasanna7287

Broken In
slugger said:
as long as ur friend uses an account from d same city he will definitely be able to use d account

if ur friend gives u d username and password y wudnt it b allowed?

well my question is .. is that allowed.. can i use my friend's account (i have his username and pass).. is that legally allowed??

Prasanna.

slugger

Banned
if ur friend tells u dat u can use his account for accesing d NET den nobody has any business raising objections

QwertyManiac

Commander in Chief
It is against the terms and conditions to do so and line binding is soon taking place. I can't carry out the task in my city already.

slugger

Banned
prabhatmohit said:
Well if he uses the internet with his friends a/c, won't his friend be able to know abt it soon??
if the friend has given him permission to use his account then even if he comes to Know about it [service records] it will not make any difference

OP
P

prasanna7287

Broken In
yes.. i have my friend's permission and he has given his username and pass to me :) ..
so i'll start experimenting..

thanks for the help..
Prasanna.

RCuber

The Mighty Unkel!!!
Staff member
prasanna7287 said:
is that legally allowed??

It is a offence according to the IT Act 2000

Internet time theft
This connotes the usage by an unauthorized person of the Internet hours paid for by another person.

Source

slugger

Banned
charangk said:
It is a offence according to the IT Act 2000

it wud b illegal if u do it without ur friend allowing u 2 do it

if ur friend gives u his username and password and asks u 2 use his account then he is authorising u to use his account so then there is no question of unauthorised usage

max_demon

IM AS MAD AS HELL!!
but yarr the personwho came to my place BsNL guy , uses his(dont know whose)
pass and usr to demonstrate that it is working

without entering his pass or in modem page

even i can connect to dataone , even if my modem page does'nt show my username and pass

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom