DataOne connectivity issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

rohan

In the zone
I'm having a strange problem with DataOne recently. Many times, it so happens that while i'm connected to DataOne, the green LED on the modem under the 'ADSL' label goes off and i'm disconnected automatically.. without any warning or any re-connect dialogues. The light stays off for varying periods of time and during that there's no way i can connect to DataOne. Please help

thanks a lot.

yrana2002

Ambassador of Buzz
Well, surprising to hear that ADSL Link LED goes green for you.
For me, whenever its green, it doesnt work. An orange color indicates the connectivity.

Recently, due to upgrading of plans, there have been many connectivity issues. Most probably, it should get right within 2-3 days.
If it doesnt, you might as well try changing the connectivity mode from your Router Configuration page from RFCRouted to PPPoE
OR..
You might as well try to reset the modem settings to default factory settings.

Savvy:!:

s18000rpm

ಠ_ಠ
No Problems faced here @ Bangalore.

for me too it works when the LED is green,
*img442.imageshack.us/img442/6191/dsc04083dr6.th.jpg

My Modem model - Huawei SmartAX MT880

OP
rohan

rohan

In the zone
i have a different modem than the one u've shown [thanks for the pic ;)]... and there is no green LED in it. Tried resetting it.. restarting it.. hope the 'upgrading-their-plans' theory is correct.... and as for chirag.. he's in baroda too.. so maybe that's why we both are facing that problem.

thanks anyways..

Ricky

Cyborg Agent
Its line noise issue..

PS: when its green and you are surfing means you are using PPPoE using computer and when its Orange and you are surfing then modem is on autodial mode.

s18000rpm

ಠ_ಠ
Ricky said:
PS: when its green and you are surfing means you are using PPPoE using computer and when its Orange and you are surfing then modem is on autodial mode.
^^thanks man.

i didnt know that

infra_red_dude

Wire muncher!
one more piece of info: for most of the huwei modems if the modem autodials an orange led indicates working connection. in case of manual dialing the green led indicates working connection.

s18000rpm

ಠ_ಠ
^^thanks for the info.

to connect all i do is turn the modem switch ON, so i guess it autodial.
but one of friend has a dialer on his PC, he said the BSNL ppl installed it. so to connect, he has to turn ON modem & then open this Dialer.
but he also has same modem as i do.

so whats always ON connection. i'm just confused.

akshaykapoor_3

Journeyman
hi to all f my frnds here at digit forum...m new to dis cmnty nd it feels very gud bein here..
would like to giv some help my fellow buddies regardin d issue referred to in this thread.. what u gt to do is quite simple:-
WHEN THE GREEN LED UNDER THE "ADSL" GOES OFF , GIVE A CALL ON YOUR LANDLINE WITH YOUR MOBILE OR ANY OTHER PHONE. WITHIN 5-6 SECS THE CONNECTIVITY LED WILL BE BACK TO NORMAL .....so rohan as soon as the green light goes off dat too for varying periods of time just do wat i said ...njoyyy..!

and i must say that the new changes made in d plans of dataone r pretty good...m from chandigarh nd usin d HOME500 plan ...it was fun downloadin 1.7GB data in 6hrs (2-8)....nw isnt dat cool..?..
BSNL rockzzzz... !

infra_red_dude

Wire muncher!
welcome akshay! i used to stay in chandigarh 3 years ago. now my dad's there.

@s18000rpm
yes, if u turn it on and it gets connected its autodial. this is an always on connection (the orange and green led i mentioned pertains to the adsl link on the modem)

OP
rohan

rohan

In the zone
Now I'm having other problems with DataOne. Although they are not related to this.. i'll still put it in here to avoid spamming.

Now, I am not able to upload anything. Anything means literally anything. Even torrents upload at the speed of 0.02 kbps and that's what it shows... in practice, not even a single byte is uploaded. Same is with rapidshare or any other HTTP upload, i'm not able to upload files at all. However POST requests are worknig fine which you can guess as i've been able to post this message. File transfers on Yahoo! Messenger are barely possible. I have apache installed on my system.. nobody is able to connect to me. Supposing my IP is 59.95.116.119, and if i tell my friend to connect at 59.95.116.119 it shows no response. It is not an apache problem as the sever is reachable through 127.0.0.1, localhost or 192.168.1.2 [the ip adress assigned by the router]. This problem has appeared very recently.

Also a problem that has persisted for quite long.. actually since i've installed the router, is that apache server is running very slowly. All the connections i try to make to my localhost servers [via 127.0.0.1] are very very slow. Earlier, these requests used to take abt 0.03-0.05 seconds to complete but now they are taking abt 1-2 seconds and sometimes arnd 6-7 seconds to complete. Please help.

Thanks in advance,
Rohan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom