Data Recovery

Daniel Adam

Broken In
Dear Digitian

Im reposting this thread. coz my Laptop's HDD problem is still unsolved.

in year 2014 my Laptops HDD got crashed due to shutdown of laptop. i tried softwars like puran file recovery, wondershare, stellar pheonix. but still cant get my data back.

Can anyone help me to retrieve it. any best software.

I already replaced the HDD with new one. but i have some important data on the old disk. I cant go with repair centre guys. they are charging like 15k to recovery of 250GB data on 1TB HDD and moreover data is confidential to me.

help guys. tnx

Last edited:

nac

Aspiring Novelist
tried softwars like puran file recovery, wondershare, stellar pheonix. but still cant get my data back.
I tried Stellar Phoenix to fix the corrupt file, it didn't work for me. But I wasn't trying to recover 1tb of data.
I tried recuva to fix it, it didn't work either. But it did recover the files in a different way. Check this thread *forum.digit.in/storage/196670-need-recover-corrupted-files-help.html#post2281504
But this recuva didn't work for image file when one of our digitian tried. But this one worked for him *forum.digit.in/cameras-camcorders/161746-camera-talk-58.html#post2248362 Give it a try.

OP
D

Daniel Adam

Broken In
I tried Stellar Phoenix to fix the corrupt file, it didn't work for me. But I wasn't trying to recover 1tb of data.
I tried recuva to fix it, it didn't work either. But it did recover the files in a different way. Check this thread *forum.digit.in/storage/196670-need-recover-corrupted-files-help.html#post2281504
But this recuva didn't work for image file when one of our digitian tried. But this one worked for him *forum.digit.in/cameras-camcorders/161746-camera-talk-58.html#post2248362 Give it a try.

Its not completely 1tb of data. it has only 250gb. but i wonder why recuva is not providing me recovery. any free softwares??

kARTechnology

Sony " VA" "IO"
what happened exactly, did you try many methods posted on the net? like refrigeration...the disk for some time and retrieving data immediately as soon as possible before it dies again

if data is really very very important, you better go to a professional,
else you can experiment

confidential means its hard to decide, it is important and you should not let others to see it!

did the drive die in 2014? it is 2016 now

nac

Aspiring Novelist
Its not completely 1tb of data. it has only 250gb. but i wonder why recuva is not providing me recovery. any free softwares??
I have been using recuva for a very long time. And that's the only one I have tried many times. Always I used it for some simple recovery where I deleted and later I needed that file. Most of the time it worked, sometimes I get result as the files are overwritten and can't be recovered. But this time it gone complicated where I need to recover the files which are corrupted.

- Use that HDD as a secondary drive. Install recuva in another HDD and start the recovery process.
- Try it in advance mode and try deep scan.
- If you know any specific files, try that file type first and see if you can recover any of the files you wanted.
- Don't go by the names of the files. If recuva shows any recoverable files, recover it and review them.

kARTechnology

Sony " VA" "IO"
I have been using recuva for a very long time. And that's the only one I have tried many times. Always I used it for some simple recovery where I deleted and later I needed that file. Most of the time it worked, sometimes I get result as the files are overwritten and can't be recovered. But this time it gone complicated where I need to recover the files which are corrupted.

- Use that HDD as a secondary drive. Install recuva in another HDD and start the recovery process.
- Try it in advance mode and try deep scan.

- If you know any specific files, try that file type first and see if you can recover any of the files you wanted.
- Don't go by the names of the files. If recuva shows any recoverable files, recover it and review them.

this really works but takes a long time, but if hangs in middle due to drive head issue, you're out of luck. worked in my android phone sd card, though filenames(garbage) were changed, used the size of the file to identify them and recovered successfully 80% files

OP
D

Daniel Adam

Broken In
what happened exactly, did you try many methods posted on the net? like refrigeration...the disk for some time and retrieving data immediately as soon as possible before it dies again

if data is really very very important, you better go to a professional,
else you can experiment

confidential means its hard to decide, it is important and you should not let others to see it!

did the drive die in 2014? it is 2016 now

yes it got crashed in 2014. here is the complete details of crash

1) my nephew turned off my laptop by holding power button.
2) when i reboot , i see hdd error. it got crashed .
3) It is 1tb HDD but had only around 220 to 250 GB of Data.
4) i purchased new Hdd and using it now.
5) now i want to retrieve my Data (confidential mean some pics some family video recordings)
6) i tried recuva but not working..
7) now i plugged the old hdd using usb to sata cable. coz my laptop doesnt have extra slot for hdd
8) i see only one partition data(out of 3 partitions ) from old hdd and that is not complete.

can i get any free software where in i can recover. the data partition wise.
tnx

patkim

Cyborg Agent
do you see three partitions or now just a single partition?
how about other two partitions..are they still there or now have vanished?

Last edited:

kARTechnology

Sony " VA" "IO"
when i connect the disk, its showing only 1 part of 400GB in Recuva.

can you help me to get back my data .. i tried many softwares but none is worth.

pls post a screenshot of disk management
Over » Windows 7 Start Button "Start"
type in » Perform (Edit-Box) "diskmgmt.msc" [ENTER].

OP
D

Daniel Adam

Broken In
pls post a screenshot of disk management
Over » Windows 7 Start Button "Start"
type in » Perform (Edit-Box) "diskmgmt.msc" [ENTER].

disk.jpg

i have plugged it today and it showed up with 1 more partition. kindly check and let me know.. previously this disk has 3 partitions
1) windows installed it was named as c 2) Drive D and 3) Drive E.

now when i have seen this partition and i changed the drive letter to S.

plz help me to recover my data.tnx

kARTechnology

Sony " VA" "IO"
View attachment 16121

i have plugged it today and it showed up with 1 more partition. kindly check and let me know.. previously this disk has 3 partitions
1) windows installed it was named as c 2) Drive D and 3) Drive E.

now when i have seen this partition and i changed the drive letter to S.

plz help me to recover my data.tnx

hope you did not format the "S" partition and only assigned a drive letter. try using recuva now.
drive letters do change sometimes when the older names are in use by your current system.

OP
D

Daniel Adam

Broken In
hope you did not format the "S" partition and only assigned a drive letter. try using recuva now.
drive letters do change sometimes when the older names are in use by your current system.

yes i have not format. i will post the screenshot after i scan with recuva. plz help me .

kARTechnology

Sony " VA" "IO"
its not working with recuva. the drive isnt detecting. it show me a dialog box from windows. its asking me to format.
recuva software hangs. when i connect hdd

How do i get files off my external hard drive when it says it needs formatting - Hard Drives - Storag

I'd say to wait for digitans to comment on this, before you perform. I'm unsure weather it will work or make it worse!

Minion

Conversation Architect
Guys recuva is crap. Try minitooldata recovery some promo was going on and they are giving it for free.

Top Bottom