[Query] Data recovery from hard disk and warranty ?

codesuperking

Broken In
Hi Digiters,

I have a Seagate SATA barracuda 7200.11 HDD. One fine day, the BIOS was unable to detect my HDD and I checked it on my friend's PC. The diagnosis was probably the HDD had electrical fault rather than mechanical as I never heard noises during its lifespan.

Anyways I have submitted the drive for data recovery at Nehru Place,Delhi. The drive is under warranty from Seagate. The data recovery guy at the shop has said that he will issue a certificate stating that the HDD was used for data recovery purposes and based on this certificate Seagate will honor the warranty.

Please advise - Is it true that If I submit this certificate I can claim a replacement drive under warranty ?

Prime_Coder

I'm a Wannabe Hacker
Don´t know about the certificates, but in my case, when my HDD got crashed, i just went to the retailer from whom I had bought HDD & said him the problem. He said to wait for a week for replacement. I got replacement for that HDD on 12 day after that HDD crash.

I think u will be able to claim for replacement since its under warranty! just keep those bills and other docs safe for future reference (details like part number, model, RPM speed etc...)

Top Bottom