data lost drive formatted several times

Status
Not open for further replies.

choklate_007

Broken In
i have this 6.3 gb hdd in external casing, the drive contains important data, i need to recover. this drive is formatted several times. Pls suggest some software to do this.

jal_desai

In the zone
formatting is the ultimate thing.. sorry to say but ur data is no more now...*gigasmilies.googlepages.com/2.gif

go4saket

There are a few softwares that can recover data from formatted HDD. I have recovered many of my files. So, thats not a big deal. Just give me some time and I will post the software name.

Tech_Wiz

Wise Old Owl
If its formatted just Once then there is a possibility. He is ssaying that he has formatted "Several" times. Now thats gonna be a wee bit difficult.

go4saket

Formatting just changes the FAT. It doesnt do anything with the data on the surface. There lies our chance...

jal_desai

In the zone
^^ wat is FAT??? File Allocation Table. it stores all the information about the starting point of each and every file in tht drive... when the drive is formatted (even once) the file allocation table gets deleted and replaced by an empty table... even recovery softwares use orphaned entries from the allocation table untill the allocation table is intact.... but here the case is different... the drive is totally formatted with all its contents... data + the previous allocation table..

Garbage

God of Mistakes...
It's too difficult to recover the data, if u formatted it several times and wrote some data on that partition.
If u have NOT over-written the data, then there are lot of chances even after many formats.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom