D865GBF BIOS Update Plz HELP!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

niggers

Broken In
Hello guys,

help me solve this problem. I have D865GBF motherboard and it was overheating and getting shut down so someone suggested me to update the BIOS so that the sensing of the sensors can be increased. the latest BIOS update by intel is given on Intel's site. plz suggest how shud i proceed with it. and if anyone has done it plz suggest something.

thnx

john_the_ultimate

No pain....No gain
Check for proper ventillation. Also see this info: *www.intel.com/support/motherboards/desktop/sb/cs-012552.htm (Read it carefully).
See if it helps. Do reply.

QwertyManiac

Commander in Chief
Eh? I dont think updating the BIOS will solve any of your overheat issues... what ever is "Sensing the sensors"? Check for obstuctions of ventilation like wires etc and add a side/read fan if you got less than 2 (assuming you have a prescott...)

shovik

Banned
Me too think that updating the bios won't solve ur problem. U should check the ventilation of ur cabinet an more over the CPU fan speed too( it shud be between 2800rpm-3200rpm).

If you want to update ur BIOS anyway then I hope that u have an original Intel board, so head straight to intel's site and goto the Bios download section. The link is *downloadfinder.intel.com/scripts-df-external/Product_Filter.aspx?ProductID=948
Here select ur OS and proceed to the next page.

Here select the No.3 item on the list which says "Express BIOS Update P25 [BF86510A.86A.0077.P25.EB.EXE]" and download it. It will be a .zip file which when u unzip will get an .exe file. Run it to update ur BIOS.

WORD OF CAUTION:: When the BIOS updating process is going on keep in mind that ur system shud not shutdown at any cost or else it would result into faulty update or even burn ur BIOS chip.

Regards,
Shovik.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom