gameranand

Living to Play
You have to learn about eco rounds & stuff. Don't watch a video but if you don't know proper smokes and flashes it's hard to rank up. Just pull your mouse down slightly when spraying with AK47(down then slightly right after 8-10 bullets). Don't spray at long ranges(only do so in short ranges).

Always go for HSs with Ak47 at long range(it is 1 tap kill) which really helps. You might want to adjust your crosshair too as the default one is just dreadful(check this map that lets you do so: Steam Workshop :: crashz' Crosshair Generator v2 )

CSGO expects you get rifles/etc in "Buy" rounds i.e when you money is stable(rifle + armor + defuse kit when CT and maybe a pistol like p250). Shotguns are better in eco rounds(they give 900$ kill bonus instead of 300$. Shottys can be used in buy rounds as well but as they're not effective at long range people donot buy) or one can really effectively use them in short ranges(like banana in Inferno).

The spray is to add realism. Because real world guns also recoil a lot. And a gun is never 100% accurate(esp rifles). Even the AWP in CSGO has a 98% accuracy(according to people who have analyzed ingame files).

I have played 500 hrs and have barely reached Silver 4(very scrubby rank). Internet trouble has played a big role too as I often DC between matches(and unlike dota2 we cannot pause here and even the loss of a single packet is difference of life & death).

Thing is those who like running & gunning won't ever like CSGO. You make elaborate strats, fake sites, YOLO rush & what not in the 30 rounds of compe. The rush we get when we clutch 1v3 or something similar is what that keeps everyone going(among other things).

Everyone has a different opinion on this. But learning smokes and flashes(and some other things) have definitely helped A LOT in this game. You can't just learn some of the smokes applied without actually watching them once (in a pro match or a YT video).

Thanks for the tips. Cheers. :)

Actually CS:GO 's physics are great, the spray pattern which everyone has been talking 'bout is realistic, maybe realism is not appreciated by gamers who like BF/COD because all they like is easy af gameplay. Ak has a huge recoil and everyone knows that, you have to be damn accurate to kill a guy with that gun, opposite to blindly spraying in games like BF and COD.

Cs go is the best competitive game out there, bf or cod players won't be able to play the game if all they want is to spray and get the kill. CS:GO, unlike bf or cod, needs a certain amount of learning and hence it is played by a community of more matured people.

Wrong. Blindly spraying don't work in BF as well, I am not defending BF or anything but simply saying that CS GO is for Mature players and BF for amateurs is dumb in each and every regard. What if I say "FPS is for amateurs and RPGs are for mature gamers." Feels right ?? NO because it isn't. Gaming is about choice and getting used to. I have seen CS GO pro players getting their @sses banged in BF games so don't talk about maturity here alright.

sutta_boy

Broken In
Wrong. Blindly spraying don't work in BF as well, I am not defending BF or anything but simply saying that CS GO is for Mature players and BF for amateurs is dumb in each and every regard. What if I say "FPS is for amateurs and RPGs are for mature gamers." Feels right ?? NO because it isn't. Gaming is about choice and getting used to. I have seen CS GO pro players getting their @sses banged in BF games so don't talk about maturity here alright.

I actually have played BF a lot of times and all you have to do is spray and keep your position right, I am not dissing BF or anything but if compared to CS:GO - it isn't really that competitive, BF can be played without investing too much of hard work, Cs go, on the other hand, needs a little time and practice as well as 'watching videos to learn complicated smokes', which I am damn sure you wouldn't because " And I never watch a goddamn video to learn a game ", maturity level was indicated as well as announced when you made that sentence. I did not make the maturity statement out of thin air, I read the ignorant, cocky and arrogant replies.

You could have said that for yourself bullet spray was terrible because you couldn't control it, and you wouldn't want to 'watch videos to learn a damn game ', a community where learning new smokes, mastering recoil and learning new strats is everything. I've seen strats in CS;GO which will make anyone go bananas, it isnt only about running & gunning which amateur audience mostly likes and they don't wanna learn anything new.

Thank you mate for proving my sentence right. Regards

Last edited:

gameranand

Living to Play
I actually have played BF a lot of times and all you have to do is spray and keep your position right, I am not dissing BF or anything but if compared to CS:GO - it isn't really that competitive, BF can be played without investing too much of hard work, Cs go, on the other hand, needs a little time and practice as well as 'watching videos to learn complicated smokes', which I am damn sure you wouldn't because " And I never watch a goddamn video to learn a game ", maturity level was indicated as well as announced when you made that sentence. I did not make the maturity statement out of thin air, I read the ignorant, cocky and arrogant replies.

You could have said that for yourself bullet spray was terrible because you couldn't control it, and you wouldn't want to 'watch videos to learn a damn game ', a community where learning new smokes, mastering recoil and learning new strats is everything. I've seen strats in CS;GO which will make anyone go bananas, it isnt only about running & gunning which amateur audience mostly likes and they don't wanna learn anything new.

I have clocked in RPG more hours than you can even imagine which require some serious learning and planning, so again don't talk about maturity of gaming to me. I am not a big fan of FPS genre, I play it for a break from other games or with friends in co-op if they want. Also don't you think that those videos are made by someone who DIDN'T learned that move by watching videos on Youtube. Try to be like that guy and stop spoon feeding yourself alright. And yes I still abide by my point that I never watch videos of games for learning purposes, if that was arrogant and cocky and childish for you then too bad. I prefer to learn by playing game and not watching videos, here I said that again.

sutta_boy

Broken In
I have clocked in RPG more hours than you can even imagine which require some serious learning and planning, so again don't talk about maturity of gaming to me. I am not a big fan of FPS genre, I play it for a break from other games or with friends in co-op if they want. Also don't you think that those videos are made by someone who DIDN'T learned that move by watching videos on Youtube. Try to be like that guy and stop spoon feeding yourself alright. And yes I still abide by my point that I never watch videos of games for learning purposes, if that was arrogant and cocky and childish for you then too bad. I prefer to learn by playing game and not watching videos, here I said that again.

Congratulations, you just complemented your stupid previous reply by this one, I have to give you points on consistency though mate.

Don't talk to me about RPG's, I've almost played every RPG and guess what I will take RPG over FPS at any given day, but RPG's have a tendency to get over, I use FPS to keep me busy during RPG's. Don't try or teach me about how many hours/RPG's you've played.

You're not a big fan of FPS genre and yet you claim that CS:GO's spray and physics are terrible, wow, you're like Einstein without even studying physics.

What BS are you typing?, go and take a look at the smokes which are on YouTube, there is a reason why those smokes have tutorial, stop being a pony. You might as well as hunt, clean or farm the food you eat if you don't want to spoon feed yourself, " Try to be like that guy and stop spoon feeding yourself alright" this is by far the dumbest statement I've ever heard.

I am sorry you are not cocky, arrogant or childish, you are plain dumb mate. And yeah don't use facebook or TD because you did not invent them, stop spoon feeding yourself mate ( It's sarcastic, if just in case you were wondering ).

Last edited:

gameranand

Living to Play
Congratulations, you just complemented your stupid previous reply by this one, I have to give you points on consistency though mate.

Don't talk to me about RPG's, I've almost played every RPG and guess what I will take RPG over FPS at any given day, but RPG's have a tendency to get over, I use FPS to keep me busy during RPG's. Don't try or teach me about how many hours/RPG's you've played.

You're not a big fan of FPS genre and yet you claim that CS:GO's spray and physics are terrible, wow, you're like Einstein without even studying physics.

What BS are you typing?, go and take a look at the smokes which are on YouTube, there is a reason why those smokes have tutorial, stop being a pony. You might as well as hunt, clean or farm the food you eat if you don't want to spoon feed yourself, " Try to be like that guy and stop spoon feeding yourself alright" this is by far the dumbest statement I've ever heard.

I am sorry you are not cocky, arrogant or childish, you are plain dumb mate. And yeah don't use facebook or TD because you did not invent them, stop spoon feeding yourself mate ( It's sarcastic, if just in case you were wondering ).

Really every RPG on planet sounds kinda dumb to me, of course unless you are like 100 years old because playing all of them will take a lot of time AFAIK.

Just because I don't like FPS doesn't mean that I don't know about them so please stop it. Its like saying, you are a lawyer then why do you use computer.
Also I never said physics were terrible, hell I didn't mentioned it, all I complained was bullet spray and yes it terrible for me. Wanna prove otherwise be my guest.

Yeah that sound dumb to you because you are. So you can't really help it now can you.

Yeah thanks for the compliment, it means a lot coming from you as you are the expert it seems. Hmm what do I say to this...I do use Youtube in case you are wondering, just not to learn mechanics of games as I prefer to learn them myself not by watching videos...savvy.

DDIF

Custom User Title

I will say one thing only, if CSGO is so realistic then where is bullet drop?

DDIF

Custom User Title
Realism != graphics. Part of it yes. Not all of it.
No offense mate but since when is bullet drop about graphics?
Bullet drop is when bullets change trajectory in game to compensate for distance, wind and gravitational pull. So basically it is a realism mechanic like that so called "CSGO Special Bullet Spray". In CSGO guns have spray but there is no bullet drop, you just hit where your crosshair is.

Allu Azad

Time Ruins Everything
No offense mate but since when is bullet drop about graphics?
Bullet drop is when bullets change trajectory in game to compensate for distance, wind and gravitational pull. So basically it is a realism mechanic like that so called "CSGO Special Bullet Spray". In CSGO guns have spray but there is no bullet drop, you just hit where your crosshair is.

WOW. Didn't know about this. Does bf3 has this?

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends
Yeah BF3 does have it. Anyways I'm out of here. Just people randomly comparing with MOBAs & bashing (shows the maturity level of users).
[MENTION=22661]ManiDhillon[/MENTION] Well, the core mechanics of BF3 is different. It has tanks & what not. Anyways give this a read: Why CS:GO is the best multiplayer shooter out there - The Tech Report

Pro scene is non existent for BF3(more or less). People just love the fluidity of movement & the amazing map designs of CSGO. Hence the almost half a million players on a daily basis.
Anyways, a single FPS can't "have it all". Valve has to balance the meta & stuff too. Constantly changes are being made to the guns & maps in order to balance.

We cannot compare CSGO & BF3 one on one. Why? BF3 core's is different. Their outlook is on a large scale of combai(hence the tanks & stuff). CSGO focuses on the core of shooting(it's scale being lesser as its guns v guns only). It's 5v5 & the team with the best strats to defent/take a site wins. One is constantly trying to outsmart their opponents.

Last edited:

DDIF

Custom User Title
[MENTION=57860]thetechfreak[/MENTION] Actually I was trying to convey the same thing. I do not defent BF3, I play it regularly sometimes and sometimes for months I don't even touch it.
I haven't played Bf4 for almost 4 months now. I mostly play Insurgency now (based on Source engine).
The thing is that everyone love some specific game and despite every other CS player trying to say that CSGO playbase is mature, they start hurling offence at others if someone say that they don't like CSGO or they don't find some specific mechanic of game right. This shows the how mature the players are. I never said CSGO is bad/good game, it's pretty difficult for me to play but I have many CSGO playing friends who on constant basis condemn other shooter games. Maturity right.

P.S: Good article, no offence but given time I can write a better one for BF3, BF4, Insurgency, TF2, RE Series.
Again the thing is everyone has their pick and like you said "no game has it all".

Last edited:

flyingcow

Shibe
ranked up to gold nova master B)
road to MG for me xD
also, ak red lam incoming
ADD ME REGULAR CSGO PLAYERS- steamcommunity.com/id/flyingcowfx

Nerevarine

Incarnate
Realism != graphics. Part of it yes. Not all of it.

If only you had any clue of what you were talking here. Have you even played CSGO? How many hours?

Not a CS player, have always disliked the game starting from the original CS 1.6 but I understand what [MENTION=57860]thetechfreak[/MENTION] is talking about.. CS and all it's sequels removed all the variables that are required for realism.. The result : you get a game that is 100% dependent upon skill to win.. CS is basically a FPS version of the competitiveness that goes on in MOBAs.. I m not saying playing Battlefield or CoD doesnt take skill though...
In BF/CoD, if an enemy is standing 10 meters away from you, you hipfire .. The bullet MAY or maynot hit him.. Bullets arent a perfect straight up shot when hipfiring in BF or COD, bullets are projectile based (atleast in BF, hence the drop due to gravity).. All this brings in realism but takes away part of the skill requirement.. You may have seen no-scopes on youtube montages, these things exist because of how randomly bullet travels when hipfiring..
CS on the otherhand is much simpler, with very few variables.. There is no impact of gravity, bullet spread is a pattern which you can memorize for different weapons (and move your mouse in the opposite direction to get perfectly straight multifires) ... That is why it takes a lot of skill to master
So summary : you aim to the head, you shoot, bullet travels straight, you win , say gg ez nubs

PS: I never played CS seriously, nor do I intend to.. I have 150+ hours in BF3 mp.. (thats low I know :( but I dislike FPS )
PPS : I respect CS GO players but those who play CS 1.6 in TWO THOUSAND FREAKING FIFTEEN deserve to be gelded (AKA MY HOSTEL MATES :twisted:)

Last edited:

sutta_boy

Broken In
Not a CS player, have always disliked the game starting from the original CS 1.6 but I understand what [MENTION=57860]thetechfreak[/MENTION] is talking about.. CS and all it's sequels removed all the variables that are required for realism.. The result : you get a game that is 100% dependent upon skill to win.. CS is basically a FPS version of the competitiveness that goes on in MOBAs.. I m not saying playing Battlefield or CoD doesnt take skill though...
In BF/CoD, if an enemy is standing 10 meters away from you, you hipfire .. The bullet MAY or maynot hit him.. Bullets arent a perfect straight up shot when hipfiring in BF or COD, bullets are projectile based (atleast in BF, hence the drop due to gravity).. All this brings in realism but takes away part of the skill requirement.. You may have seen no-scopes on youtube montages, these things exist because of how randomly bullet travels when hipfiring..
CS on the otherhand is much simpler, with very few variables.. There is no impact of gravity, bullet spread is a pattern which you can memorize for different weapons (and move your mouse in the opposite direction to get perfectly straight multifires) ... That is why it takes a lot of skill to master
So summary : you aim to the head, you shoot, bullet travels straight, you win , say gg ez nubs

PS: I never played CS seriously, nor do I intend to.. I have 150+ hours in BF3 mp.. (thats low I know :( but I dislike FPS )
PPS : I respect CS GO players but those who play CS 1.6 in TWO THOUSAND FREAKING FIFTEEN deserve to be gelded (AKA MY HOSTEL MATES :twisted:)

The part in bold got me curious, what's your rank in CS:GO?. Its not as easy as you are portraying it to be, better said than done.

Top Bottom