d3p

PowerHouse
Re: The CS GO thread.

Twitch.tv/lordnod : Join around 8:30pm tonight.

My team in Semi's. Hoping to win against NSD.

DVJex

In the zone

Good luck [MENTION=88371]d3p[/MENTION]. I'll watch it, but i lost most of my interest in GO.
And btw you decided to go pro? Or this is like a one time or something??

d3p

PowerHouse

Good luck [MENTION=88371]d3p[/MENTION]. I'll watch it, but i lost most of my interest in GO.
And btw you decided to go pro? Or this is like a one time or something??

well, i don't think i can call myself a pro here. Match was good, We were on a verge of upsetting Team Never Say Die.

Map : Inferno

Score 16-14.

Result : Loss [facepalm moment]

Anway, match replay can be watch here.

[youtube]Yu2fpDkBxXM[/youtube]

Digital Fragger

A Functioning God

Patch notes from today's update

• Removed pretty flowers behind yellow car in banana.
  • Added a ton of flowers in other areas to compensate.
  • Calmed down dog in apartments.
  • Added a chickencoop to T spawn.
  • Changed max chicken population from 10 to 12.

Alok

Adventurer
Finally started playing this game, although I play DMs only with random weapons. :D

play classic mode random online matches. Some guys are insane there, shoot them and that will be your real performance :-D

Last edited:

gameranand

Living to Play
play classic mode random online matches. Some guys are insane there, shoot them and that will be your real performance :-D

CS GO is a sniper paradise. I hate that thing, thats why I prefer DMs. Also committing for 90 mins is too much for me and I prefer drop in drop out without any penalty for me or my team.

Alok

Adventurer
CS GO is a sniper paradise. I hate that thing, thats why I prefer DMs. Also committing for 90 mins is too much for me and I prefer drop in drop out without any penalty for me or my team.

90 min is a problem yeah but snipers have their disadvantages too. Some handgun experts are hard to kill , they are like having one shot kill.
Demolition/DM/Arms race guys are not that much annoying cause you get re spawned quickly but in classic a big challenge.

gameranand

Living to Play
90 min is a problem yeah but snipers have their disadvantages too. Some handgun experts are hard to kill , they are like having one shot kill.

Yeah one of the things I hate in CS GO. Bullet spray is too bad, I came from BF3 and getting torso kills is not that hard in those games but here, it means nothing. I can shot 2 shotgun bullets and he will give me a fckin HS with a handgun and I die and he did not. He took 2 shotgun bullets and lives, fckin great. :|

Alok

Adventurer
Yeah one of the things I hate in CS GO. Bullet spray is too bad, I came from BF3 and getting torso kills is not that hard in those games but here, it means nothing. I can shot 2 shotgun bullets and he will give me a fckin HS with a handgun and I die and he did not. He took 2 shotgun bullets and lives, fckin great. :|

:lol: so true. when I was new and was not in practise of spray pattern of ak47, I was like spray whole bullet mag on a guy and then he kills me with a single bullet :p

gameranand

Living to Play
:lol: so true. when I was new and was not in practise of spray pattern of ak47, I was like spray whole bullet mag on a guy and then he kills me with a single bullet :p

I still hate AK47. Recoil is too much but still good for 1 shot kills if you manage to get HS. A CS GO guy will get his @$$ whopped in a BF3 match as he won't understand why he is dying too much. TBH bullet spray is terrible in CS but its just old game and people have gotten used to it so Valve doesn't change that at all.

Last edited:

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends
meh. CSGO has been completely reworked [MENTION=73844]gameranand[/MENTION]. It is not the "old" game you think it to be. Movement & everything is different. All guns recoil is different. Frankly, most people criticize CSGO as they're not able to control guns or play it well. You need to learn the spray. The movement and spray feels one of the most fluid in all FPSs. Games like BF3 are much easier to pick up IMHO(running and gunning etc, blow up tanks etc but that debate for another day).

It's not really a sniper paradise. There has been a huge nerf recently that slows them down when scoped(players like JW, kennyS, etc) have been somewhat affected by it. There is an appropriate gun for all ranges. It isn't logical to engage a sniper from long a to A-site of dust2. But in A-short of dust2 with a well placed flash AWPers will be insta killed.

If you want to get better in CSGO and get a good rank, check out TheWarOwl on YT. Great tutorials & strats on how to play the game.

gameranand

Living to Play
Yes reworked, of course it is. Just not as per my liking, also bullet spray is terrible at best. You don't get to live with 2 shotgun bullets or 4-5 Machinegun bullets. You simply don't but here you do. I am not saying its a bad game or anything, but several factors are bad which got adopted by the community. And now they are integrated in game. Its that simple, like creep stacking was a bug in Dota but it got adopted. Similar thing happened with this game too on several points.
And I never watch a goddamn video to learn a game, I'll play and learn and I'll die 1000 times but won't watch videos. Don't really have time to watch video instead of playing the game. Much games less time such wow.

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends
You have to learn about eco rounds & stuff. Don't watch a video but if you don't know proper smokes and flashes it's hard to rank up. Just pull your mouse down slightly when spraying with AK47(down then slightly right after 8-10 bullets). Don't spray at long ranges(only do so in short ranges).

Always go for HSs with Ak47 at long range(it is 1 tap kill) which really helps. You might want to adjust your crosshair too as the default one is just dreadful(check this map that lets you do so: Steam Workshop :: crashz' Crosshair Generator v2 )

CSGO expects you get rifles/etc in "Buy" rounds i.e when you money is stable(rifle + armor + defuse kit when CT and maybe a pistol like p250). Shotguns are better in eco rounds(they give 900$ kill bonus instead of 300$. Shottys can be used in buy rounds as well but as they're not effective at long range people donot buy) or one can really effectively use them in short ranges(like banana in Inferno).

The spray is to add realism. Because real world guns also recoil a lot. And a gun is never 100% accurate(esp rifles). Even the AWP in CSGO has a 98% accuracy(according to people who have analyzed ingame files).

I have played 500 hrs and have barely reached Silver 4(very scrubby rank). Internet trouble has played a big role too as I often DC between matches(and unlike dota2 we cannot pause here and even the loss of a single packet is difference of life & death).

Thing is those who like running & gunning won't ever like CSGO. You make elaborate strats, fake sites, YOLO rush & what not in the 30 rounds of compe. The rush we get when we clutch 1v3 or something similar is what that keeps everyone going(among other things).

And I never watch a goddamn video to learn a game, I'll play and learn and I'll die 1000 times but won't watch videos. Don't really have time to watch video instead of playing the game

Everyone has a different opinion on this. But learning smokes and flashes(and some other things) have definitely helped A LOT in this game. You can't just learn some of the smokes applied without actually watching them once (in a pro match or a YT video).

sutta_boy

Broken In
Actually CS:GO 's physics are great, the spray pattern which everyone has been talking 'bout is realistic, maybe realism is not appreciated by gamers who like BF/COD because all they like is easy af gameplay. Ak has a huge recoil and everyone knows that, you have to be damn accurate to kill a guy with that gun, opposite to blindly spraying in games like BF and COD.

Cs go is the best competitive game out there, bf or cod players won't be able to play the game if all they want is to spray and get the kill. CS:GO, unlike bf or cod, needs a certain amount of learning and hence it is played by a community of more matured people.

Top Bottom