CS:GO vs Dota 2

NoasArcAngel

Wise Old Owl
Some CS Fanboys on an FB page i visit were spouting crap about how CS:GO(And 1.6) is better than Dota 2
And how Dota 2 is for n00Bz and it does not require ANY skill. :rolleyes:
I know both are of different genres,But lets keep the genre part aside and lets debate which game is better based on skill required.

Let The Carnage Begin! *www.dota2wiki.com/images/2/23/Axe_icon.png

you can easily learn dota basics in 500-600 hours. CS will take you 1200 hours to get to a basic competitive level.

NoasArcAngel

Wise Old Owl
Ahh.. so we finally got a cs supporter, was wondering why no one taking side of cs:go.

Are you sure?

yes dota basics like items and recipes and hero types can be easily learned in 500 hours. Ive played for only 252 hours out of which actual playing time is about 230 hours. I can play majority heroes without any problem...

the only learning point in dota according to me is :

1. getting last hitting right
2. anti / hero capability ( you should know strengths and weaknesses of heroes you are playing and the enemy team )
3. situational items.. what to build when.
4. How to push lanes
5. Map blind spots/ warding. How to effectively deward, surpirse ganks
6. timing and sixth sense, when to use stuns/ damage items or your abilities
7. coordination with the team

in cs

1. very good aim, this alone can take 400-500 hours
2. movement you need to be very skilled at movement, using crouch silent walk and jumps
3. sound sense, you need to develop ability to hear enemy movements
4. playing under stress in cs maps are small so if u have a 1v4 situation you can still win it, but it depends how you are able to handle the stress
5. timing, throwing grenades/ smoke/ boosting
6. location, possible blind spots, blocking out map areas stalling time for bomb defusal including player rotation / peeking
7. wall banging, how to spam possible enemies out of hiding or force them to use nades etc.
8. you need to know the amount of time it takes to diffuse a bomb with a kit/ without a kit/ the amount of time it takes to plant/ what is the standard c4 plant time.
9. What items to take in the start/ how you want to distribute your team wealth/ you want sniper support or 2 eco 3 assualt
10. how to do dual pushes
11. how to fake bomb plants
12. dejavu of which site to push to, morale how to boost it, psychological edge.
13. teamwork.

at the basic competition level, as far as i have played i do pretty well with whatever experience i have... but in cs with 1400 hours of experience i used to play with pretty much the best cs players in the country and still get owned. ( sometimes )

arijitsinha

﴾͡๏̯͡๏﴿ O'RLY?
yes dota basics like items and recipes and hero types can be easily learned in 500 hours. Ive played for only 252 hours out of which actual playing time is about 230 hours. I can play majority heroes without any problem...

at the basic competition level, as far as i have played i do pretty well with whatever experience i have... but in cs with 1400 hours of experience i used to play with pretty much the best cs players in the country and still get owned. ( sometimes )

ahem ahem ahem.

Dont compare with one's game basic with other game's competitive play. Every games is excellent at competitive level. But basic of CS is easy . A kid can do F1 , and go and pawn some others. But Dota is not that easy. This game keep changing. Even the pro players invent new thing each and every day. If you have played for 400-500 hours, you know only 20 % of the game.

CS is for fast hands, and dota is for fast minds. Both the game are excellent at competitive level. But in basic, I saw many people who came to dota from cs, never went back to cs.

Extreme Gamer

僕はガンダム!
Vendor
ahem ahem ahem.

Dont compare with one's game basic with other game's competitive play. Every games is excellent at competitive level. But basic of CS is easy . A kid can do F1 , and go and pawn some others. But Dota is not that easy. This game keep changing. Even the pro players invent new thing each and every day. If you have played for 400-500 hours, you know only 20 % of the game.

CS is for fast hands, and dota is for fast minds. Both the game are excellent at competitive level. But in basic, I saw many people who came to dota from cs, never went back to cs.

This. Dota is way more difficult than what Noas is trying to make it out to be. And the experienced community only makes life more difficult (even teammates).

Digital Fragger

A Functioning God
Consider me in, If only theres a slot left :(

Lol, i thought i shall take it granted and add you myself. was waiting for you to reply.

10/10 it is.

1. Arijit (confirmed)
2. Avinandan (confirmed)
3. Me (confirmed)
4. furious_gamer (confirmed)
5. d3p (confirmed)
6. gamerganesh (confirmed)
7. Extreme Gamer (confirmed)
8. NoasArcAngel(confirmed)
9. ThinkNoDigit (confirmed)
10. flyingcow (confirmed)

Dota 2CSGO
Arijitfurious_gamer
gamerganeshd3p
NoasarcangelExtreme Gamer
ThinkNoDigitDigital fragger
avinandan012flyingcow

how does the teams look? i can see the result here itself. d2 team is so strong. cherry and Noas in one team. we are gonna get pwned.

edit: suck it. the teams are really unbalanced. anyone suggest swapping players? or is it ok..

Last edited:

it's okay but after 11:30pm is not okay :p
could u make it by 8:30 or 9pm ?

Sorry have office.. anyways I am glad that you guys have setup... Wish you all the best of luck...

BTW.. will you guys be playing DOTA 2 too... In that case mention the time....I would love to spectate...
Also try and find 2 more people (Not me).. as backup.. so it wont spoil your fun(powercuts etc).. you can give them chance in one of the maps.. so they wont feel left out..

arijitsinha

﴾͡๏̯͡๏﴿ O'RLY?
Well, my dinner time is 11 . and I have to prepare it also :-|

Does extreme gamer have cs:go? And I think noa will join cs:go team. Then we will get pawned :-|

Top Bottom