CS:GO vs Dota 2

arijitsinha

﴾͡๏̯͡๏﴿ O'RLY?
I am ready. this weekend. :razz:

Fix a time and post it. Lets see who are able to join and in which team. I expect more members :-|

Digital Fragger

A Functioning God
^ need 10 players.. and csgo, css or 1.6 ? csgo is easy to host.

edit: ok cs go it is. just confirm if you can join.

1. Arijit (confirmed)
2. Avinandan (confirmed)
3. Me (confirmed)
4. furious_gamer (confirmed)
5. d3p (confirmed)
6. gamerganesh (confirmed)
7. Extreme Gamer (confirmed)
8. NoasArcAngel(confirmed)
9. ThinkNoDigit (confirmed)
10. flyingcow (confirmed)

@theserpent not sure if you confirmed you can join dota 2 match or cs go match :p

others rsvp.

Last edited:
DOTA2 vs CS GO2 ? I like this kinda debates.. Comparisons between two identities which are far apart from each other :) Comparing similar stuffs is boring, comparing stuffs like Chocolate Ice cream vs Battery operated toothbrush OR Superstar shoes vs Coalition govt. etc etc :D :D :D It really brings out our creativity ;)

Anyways, these to are similar in the sense that they are both
1) Competitive multi-player game
2) Rewards skills and patience
3) Flexes human cognitive senses
4) Causes serious addiction
...to name a few.
So lets compare via certain aspects

LEARNING CURVE--WINNER CS GO
Win goes to CS GO.. Even a 5 yr old can pick up and start pawning. All u have to do is wait for people to come inf ront of ur crosshair while camping . In DOTA 2 , a newbie will spend half an hour simply looking up items and recipes :p and it will take him days if not weeks to master all items

COMMUNITY-- WINNER CS GO
In CS GO, there is no trash talk due to its pace. Well, dead players trash talk but its not a game breaker. DOTA 2 people have often quit due to the rage and violent feedback from enemies and allies.

TEAM PLAY--WINNER DOTA 2
DOTA 2 is , from start till end, all about team play and coordination. There is no ONE MANE SHOW. In CS GO its ok to have a noob in your team,at least he is dealing some damage,soaking damage or causing distraction before dying. In DOTA 2 a noob teammate can win the game for the enemies >_< Hence DOTA 2 is way superior in its emphasise in teamplay..

SKILL--
DEXTERITY--WINNER CS GO
I have played CS since i was a kid, and i know that i can never match those player i see on youtube. 5 man headshot with desert eagle,thats my wet dream :) You need a good peripheral setup and ur reflex should outmatch a F22 Fighter pilot !!
In DOTA 1, one needs to be well versed with shortcut keys and inventory keys (with Warkeys or similar app), DOTA 2 simplified it all by bringing a common layout for all heroes and conveniently placed inventory shortcut keys. Map awareness precedes physical dexterity here.

SKILL--
MENTALITY-- WINNER DOTA 2
You dont know mind-fcuk in gaming unless you have played DOTA 2. Its a friggin test of mental capability to assimilate data and variables and multitasking one's sense and perception. There are more game turns in DOTA 2 than all of India's cricket matches combined :) It all about keeping it cool and maintaining your temparament. If apocalypse broke loose on planet earth and there was a dire need for army generals, i would recommend DOTA players :D In DOTA, a daily noob and daily pro is separated by their mental strength, their ability to keep calm, maintain concentration and morale at the darkest of times 8)

Other factors in my view--
In CS GO, once u die, u have to sit idle for the round. This, i dont like (personally). Moreover the specific roles are monotonous. Like a sniper is always following the support, camping at vital spots...very linear role,his butt gaurded. In DOTA 2 we too have carries and supports, but their roles are still diverse,changing from time and according to situation and they have awesome impact on the whole game. Look at MANIA from MYM. That mofo is one hell of a Earthshaker player. I simply fell in love with his gameplay. From 1st minute till late game 60 mins he plays like he owns the map!! His timing, his blocks, his "6th sense" and perceptive play...WOW!!! DOTA 2 is very "situational", and requires human adaptive skills.
CS GO is great for casual play. Its fun as a friendly game where every kill is accompanied by taunts. Even if you are losing badly, u can still kill that guy u hate so much >_<. In Dota, such 1 on 1 mind games dont apply as much since its so TEAM BASED.
You can enjoy CS GO more if u take it lightly, DOTA is not a game for light casual gameplay. Its a game that makes a MAN out of a BOY...
CS doesnt have epic legends like DOTA has.
Yaphets,everyone knows,no need for introduction,
Zhou, most successful captain and my number one choice for Army general in World War 3 :)
Dendi, Most imba mid-solo player...if hes in midlane against u , better quit hahaha..
Art Style, the lucky charm
ZSMJ(retired) EPIC FARMER, the guy who farmed over 700 creeps in one tourney game(bought divine rapier, died, bought back instantly and bought a fresh divine rapier and ended the game).. he once farmed SACRED RELIC in 7 mins... can anyone do that? CS players wont be able to spell it even in 7 mins ... He should come to India to improve our agriculture sector for productive farming :) :) :)
oofff so many epic legendary people in DOTA cant mention all.
KIng James.... Ferrari 430.... so many...i am doing injustice to such legendary players by describing them so briefly..

If you all wanna know how epic DOTA can be check this out- MYM vs Navi (Farm4Fame Winners) - YouTube You will pee ur pants out of excitement and epicness

Sorry for my bias towards DOTA1/2 ...it is the reason i stopped playing lame-game CS 1.6 and CS CZ

theserpent

Firecracker to the moon
^ need 10 players.. and csgo, css or 1.6 ? csgo is easy to host.

edit: ok cs go it is. just confirm if you can join.

taking granted.

1. Arijit
2. Avinandan
3. Me
4. furious_gamer
5. d3p

@theserpent not sure if you confirmed you can join dota 2 match or cs go match :p

others rsvp.

CS:GO or dota 2 any thing,but time should be suitable

arijitsinha

﴾͡๏̯͡๏﴿ O'RLY?
I confirm, and I expect gamerganesh will also join. Need to ask desmond/noa.

@serpent will spectate the game.

Post it in tdf playdate, I remember one more guy who play dota and bought CS:GO, forgot his name.

One more FACT--- the number of DOTA players who can play CS well is a lot more than the CS players who are can play DOTA well. This kinda shows the balance.....All the DOTA players i know can play CS, COD MW, BF 3 well, same cant be said of those CS players who are like --"arey what are those little things moving." "what is hero?" "who is ur enemy" "what are you controlling" ?? Lol knuckleheads...DOTA is too hardcore for your puny brain to comprehend :D :D

Digital Fragger

A Functioning God
CS:GO or dota 2 any thing,but time should be suitable

will be regular playdate time. after 8pm.

I confirm, and I expect gamerganesh will also join. Need to ask desmond/noa.

@serpent will spectate the game.

Post it in tdf playdate, I remember one more guy who play dota and bought CS:GO, forgot his name.

Ask em. i think Hunter doesn't have cs go installed. prolly gt0gagan is the one you are referring to.

Digital Fragger

A Functioning God
@furious_gamer as soon as we get 10 players.

*i.imgur.com/0nCAICX.jpg

@Extremegamer so you can join? timing will be mostly at night. after 8pm.

ganeshnokiae63

Hardcore Gamer
So...Are we gonna play a CS Go match and a Dota 2 match right?

About the Title Dota 2 vs CS Go
My point of Dota 2
Every hero has an Role
Carry = who farms all day and night to be effective in late game
Support = who not only babysit the carry...Support guys are like backbone in team fights where they can completely disable one enemy hero for 2-4 sec using items(means 5 vs 4)
that is enough for carries to do the job..unlike carry they watch the whole situation and do the thing

there are more roles in Dota 2 like
Initiator ,Disabler,Pusher ,Jungler ,Escape etc.,
Planning,Co-ordination is the also important for Victory.....:)

About CS GO
??

Last edited:

Digital Fragger

A Functioning God
So...Are we gonna play a CS Go match and a Dota 2 match right?

na, only csgo match b/w dota2 players and cs players. Dota 2 match is not feasible as it requires basic knowledge and skill in the game for new players if you don't want them to abandon the match in middle. whereas cs doesn't have much entry barrier, you can at least run and gun, spray and pray. anyway most dota players are also skilled cs players but not the otherway.

Top Bottom