CS:GO or Max Payne 3 or Battlefield 3

guru_da_preet

Journeyman
Hi,

I wanted to buy a game to play online..but i'm not sure which of the three should i go for, i know all three games are different in terms of their playing styles, but still which one should i buy.

-CS will always be there in terms of players and competition.

-Max Payne 3 just looks extremely fun with all of its perks etc..

-Battlefield 3 is a highly engrossing experience.

Thanks in advance.

NVIDIAGeek

Long Live Gojira!
Buy CS:GO. It's from Valve and there are, as you said, many people playing it. CS series is the only series in which gamers haven't yet been disappointed 'cause Valve's too great just like Gabe's face. :D

BF3 - Large playerbase right now. But after BF4's release it'll come down to hundreds. And it's EA. Money hungry corp. But, goodness - check, realism - check, graphics - check.

MP3 - Boring MP (I played it on PS3 at my friend's house), good SP and graphics. This is more like a one-time gi... err... game. :D

iittopper

Wise Old Owl
Online gaming dont depend on internet speed but on pings . Just do ping test and see whether you are getting good pings . Also if you have a good pc that can max out battlefield 3 , then i will suggest you to buy it because apart from awesome multiplayer it has awesome graphics . Normally for BF3 you can play it nicely for pings less than 300ms . Can you mention your pc specs ??

OP
G

guru_da_preet

Journeyman
I'll be getting the dell inspiron 15r turbo in a couple of days..
Already ordered it that's why getting many games prepared before hand.

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends
Go for counter strike. It will is have more players in long run.
You can even play TF2 which is one of most played games on steam. I play easily with my 256 kbps connection. Many servers available that give ping in 100ms region

anirbandd

Conversation Architect
CS will always have a dedicated player base which means you will never run out of players on servers. CS1.6 is still alive and kickin'
On the downside, CS relies heavily on ping (the lower the better). @200ms and above pings you will be fragged to kingdom come... i have tried playing.
In case you do buy CSGO, try playing on indian servers.

BF3 as above.. playyer base WILL dwindle down once the next installment is out.

run 'cmd' and put in 'ping <IP address> -t' and press enter. after a couple of mins press Ctrl+C. If the avg ping is around >200ms, you may have a fraggy play on CS.

anirbandd

Conversation Architect
Ping is actually a command which invokes your PC to send packet data to a host and recieves a response from the host that if the host has recieved the packets and if it has, how many packets it has recieved.

we use ping to denote the time between sending the packet data and the recieving of acknowledgment from the host.

if your pc sends 10 packets and the host recieves 8 packets, then the "packet loss" is 2.
for a good network, ping should be low and packet loss zero.

Digital Fragger

A Functioning God
CS:GO : Valve game dude, nuff said right? You get more vfm in the long run than any other game. If you can wait till Xmas, get the CS Complete pack/Valve Complete pack at 66% or 75% off. Will be the best money you'll ever spend on games.
Forget MP3 for multiplayer.
BF3, idk if you can comfortably play it for long sessions on a lappy.

101gamzer

Ambassador of Buzz
CS:GO all the way there will be 24x7 online servers and players :wink:
BF3 if you want the real battlefield with full of fighter jets ,tanks and many other blah blah...
Maxpayne is full of cutscenes and other things but its fun playing :-D

sameer0306

Broken In
Man... CS is old Stuff... GO For "World of Warcraft-The Frozen Throne" and play DOTA... You can play it on Garena on free... You can find at least 100,000-200,000 ppl online at Garena.. Most important thing, pings are important but nos as CS...

Top Bottom