Crysis using 3.3GB RAM :( very laggy gameplay !!

happy17292

Ambassador of Buzz
crysis 1 is lagging like hell in my PC :( even on lowest setting.
runs fine for few secs then lags for 1-2 sec, again runs fine for 3-5 sec and lags again. this continues until game crashes or i quit.

when i play again,it runs fine for the level i was playing before it crashed [or closed] but starts lagging again after few mins

... i have also noticed that HDD indicator of cabby glows continuously when it lags, and does not glow when it runs fine.

task manager is showing total RAM usage 94% [out of 4GB] and crysis64 is using around 3.3GB

i have tried increasing virtual memory [to 10GB], killing unnecessary applications using gamebooster but nothing worked.

PC specs:
win 7 64bit, AMD phenom II X4 B25, 4GB DDR3 1333MHz corsair RAM, GT240 1GB GPU [driver ver.: 296.10], WD caviar green HDD 1TB

i am running in win vista sp2 compatibility mode + run as admin

Any solution ??

theserpent

Firecracker to the moon
1)Try uninstalling/reinstalling the game
2)Update drivers
3)Use game boster
4)Clean up computer with ccleaner

OP
happy17292

happy17292

Ambassador of Buzz
^^^ already tried everything, ie: reinstalling, gamebooster, ccleaner, drivers updated. nothing worked

and crysis is consuming most RAM, around 3.3GB.

my friend has played same on his core2duo, 2GB RAM and 9500GT GPU on XP SP3 32bit. it worked fine with him. but why its consuming so much RAM?

the reason its lagging seems to be lack of RAM. its starts consuming virtual memory [HDD indicator glows continuously]

RCuber

The Mighty Unkel!!!
Staff member
check this *www.thinkdigit.com/forum/gamerz/157185-crysis-becoming-pain.html

OP
happy17292

happy17292

Ambassador of Buzz
CPU usage is b/w 30-60%

@ tech_wiz : this happens only with crysis. every other game works fine including GTA4, DCS black shark, DCS A-10 etc. [they use 80%+ CPU load]

@Charan : my game is lagging since the beginning. and the reason is excessive RAM usage imo o_O

@sunny8872: not working, alraedy tried V-sync

RCuber

The Mighty Unkel!!!
Staff member
@Charan : my game is lagging since the beginning. and the reason is excessive RAM usage imo o_O

Users have mentioned that the game play is much better when using in DX9 mode..
why cant you just try and see if it works?? :-?

What you want to do is either A) put -dx9 at the end of the command line on your desktop shortcut, or B) go into your Games folder, right click on the Crysis icon and select 'Play in DX9'

SunnyGamingHD2

Fortune favors the brave
Try Defragmenting your Hard Drive with Perfect Disk Trial: *ftp.raxco.com/pub/download/pd12.5/PD12.5_hp.exe

Then reinstall game if its still lagging then then maybe its your GPU overheating issue

Top Bottom