Crysis(Maximum game minimum performance)demo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

RCuber

The Mighty Unkel!!!
Staff member
^^ ho no you dont know Crysis.. those screeshots are nothing compared to what you will see if you have a killer system. Just check out youtube and search for Crysis and you will get to know about it ;)

bikdel

Alpha Geek Banned
^^^ whoa..... 8800 GTX?.. omigosh.........

hope im the only one with 6800 that too XT out here....

@ charan

perhaps 1024 x 768 is too low for crysis and that maybe why the screenshots look sick.... 1440 x 900 would be better...
could anyone post screenshots at higher res?

what about you STALKER.. could you try it @ 1440 x 900.. after all ur the one who has a GTX :))

Stalker

Padawan
^^well, unfortunately i dont have Broadband :(
i've told a friend to download it for me....might get it on Monday-Tuesday.
will try it out & post the results here.

btw.... quadroplex....did u install the new 169 drivers(meant for crysis)?

Last edited:

bikdel

Alpha Geek Banned
@ stalker

whats the size of the demo anyways...?

lemme try out myself...
jus got a 256 kbps connection... that too by hell lota difficulty :))

Stalker

Padawan
^^1.77 Gb.

I wonder how it will run on my FX5200 on the other comp :razz:
i've heard that the game is playable....at extreme low on a x200 onboard.

bikdel

Alpha Geek Banned
^^^ know what, even my card is FX 5200...:p
the thing should run.......lol

i just got my frens card for a few days, n even that is barely upto what is needed.......6800xt

1.77 GB?...

wtf..... itll take forever to download that thing.. wonder the size of the game......

couldnt they have just included a smaller ~100 mb package just to check FPS and compatibility...

these guys @ crytekk.. they think veryone got a 2mbps broadband or what? lol

The_Devil_Himself

die blizzard die! D3?
^^I finally have a 2mbps connection.:)

Guys I don't think this game will sell much if it requires that much system resources.This game will kill 8600gt and even 8800gts 320mb.

no worries,i will get 8800 ultra or 9800 GTX(if it comes) soon.
i hope they will run this game on highest setings.
no doubt abt 9800 GTX but a bit abt 8800 ultra

deathvirus_me

Wise Old Owl
Crysis on my PC :D ..

*www.imgx.org/thumbs/large/6947_tjmsq/Crysis%202007-10-27%2007-38-39-95.jpg

*www.imgx.org/thumbs/large/6944_0xq6j/Crysis%202007-10-27%2006-24-32-20.jpg

*www.imgx.org/thumbs/large/7049_kuiin/Crysis%202007-10-27%2009-56-18-45.png

Last one is a PNG :D ... running at 1280*1024 , 16x HQAF ,maxed settings ,medium shaders .. medium post processing

The_Devil_Himself

die blizzard die! D3?
@atombomb : abe oye sab birla-tata ki family se nahi hain.Come on man I am talking about the masses and not about the privileged ones who can afford 8800ultra or 9800gtx.

8800gt is coming out soon(oct 31) and it is based on the same chipset as 9800gtx(G92 chipset)......so 9800gtx is not to far away either IMO.

Stalker

Padawan
The_Devil_Himself said:
Guys I don't think this game will sell much if it requires that much system resources.This game will kill 8600gt and even 8800gts 320mb.

Exactly......Guess this is gonna be like another 'Far-Cry'.......good graphics but low performance on current cards.

bikdel

Alpha Geek Banned
^^^^ are these screenshots too bad or what... i dont find anything so much taxing on a GPU...

or maybe there are invisible aliens flying all round which have to be rendered :)) lol...

The General Public who wanna know what CRYSIS is all about :
Here It is...

Crysis™
Earth, 2019: On a remote island, an US science team makes a frightening discovery. The North Korean Government quickly seals off the island chain. Contact with the science team is lost. The United States responds by dispatching an elite team of Delta Force Operators to recon the situation and report back to the Pentagon. Amid rising tensions between the US and North Koreans, a massive, 2km high alien ship is revealed in the middle of the island. The ship generates an immense force sphere, freezing a vast portion of the island and drastically altering the global weather system.

The newly formed alliance fights epic battles against the marauding Aliens. With hope rapidly fading, the player must fight through lush tropical jungle, harsh frozen landscapes, and finally into the heart of the alien ship itself for the ultimate Zero G encounter with the aliens.

Features

* An immersive story that puts you the player in the pivotal role to repel an alien invasion and save mankind.
* A unique three-act structure that forces the player to use real-time armor and weapons customization to adapt to an ever changing dynamic world.
* Encounter a compelling, frightening and totally original alien species that uses its senses intelligently and work in combination with each other to present players with the most challenging opponents yet in an FPS.
* Enemy and ally AI utilize real-world military tactics.
* Take control of a wide variety of land, sea and air vehicles including trucks, tanks, boats and helicopters.
* Explore a living, dynamic world where earthquakes, breaking ice, landslides, and tornados pose a real and an ever-present danger.
* 32-player multiplayer with real-time armor and weapons customization and an all new mode that combines player modification and tactical objectives.
* Emergent gameplay; actions taken in the game affect future outcomes giving each player a unique experience.
* Highly robust and easy to use mod toolset allow players to create their own expansive levels with game modes for both multiplayer and single player.
* The most realistic environments, spectacular special effects, physics game engine, lighting system and enemy Al through CryENGINE 2.

RECOMMENDED REQUIREMENTS

Processor: Intel Core 2 DUO @ 2.2GHz
RAM: 2.0 GB RAM
Hard Drive: 12GB
Video Card: NVIDIA GeForce 8800 GTS/640 or similar
Soundcard: DirectX 9.0c compatible

MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS

Processor: 2.8 GHz or faster (XP); 3.2 GHz or faster (Vista)
RAM: 1.0 GB RAM or 1.5 GB RAM (Vista)
Hard Drive: 12GB
Video Card: 256 MB
Soundcard: DirectX 9.0c compatible

Source : *www.gamesforwindows.com/en-US/Games/Pages/Crysis.aspx

Last edited:

hemant_mathur

-- No Easter Eggs here --
Played it on Vista x64 at 1440*900 at medium settings. FPS is around 15. Tried the Nvidia drivers 169 but the game just hangs at the opening movies so reverted back to driver ver 163.

yesh1683

In the zone
Today I downloaded CRYSIS demo and it is playable at 800x600 at low settings,,

BUT some particles graphics are corrupted and the some objects are rendred late and also some parts of the weapons and nano suit are missing,, but frame rate is playable [ocassionally it drops very low],,,

i am sure future drivers can fix this problem,,**FARCRY was also having same problem and with new drivers it played very smooth**

and also i am having only 1GB DDR2 533 ram and on Tuesday i am getting 1GB DDR2 667 Ram 2 sticks i will connect it in dual channel mode and see the difference,,

I am really surpriced that i was able to play the game bcoz the EA perticularly listed as integrated chipsets are not supported

if i press detect optimum settings all settings will b set to medium and resolution to 1024

I am running it on XP 32 bit
I am having 64 bit Vista and try to run the game on that bcoz crysis performance increases on 64 bit OS

Can anybody with Nvidia onboard and ati onboard post the reults here

I will post screenshots 2morrow even though its frm low settings

With this board we can enjoy only core gameplay of crysis

OP
quadroplex780

quadroplex780

Maximum Fame
I have some good news I am now getting playable frame rates in vista x64 in Crysis DX9 64bit exe at 1024x768 4xAA and everything high.
proof-
*img3.freeimagehosting.net/uploads/4512885a69.jpg

*img3.freeimagehosting.net/uploads/0e5fc68f1d.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom