Crysis 3

nginx

In the zone
Headshot will do more damage, but to kill the enemy the damage>health, so if your shot does 500dam and health is 400, instant headshot kill with the head exploding apart.

That's the great thing about RPGs because its not dumbed down like fps. Damage per second, enemy health, weapon range, accuracy %, defense, all these statistics must be taken into account. You have to make important decisions regarding gear and skill set throughout the game to stay competitive.

That's why you have 4 slots, one rifle, one shotgun, one rocket launcher for second wind and one sniper rifle :D

Yeah but no character is good at all four. You can specialize in any one type of weapon or semi-specialize in two types. Each character is only good at using certain types of weapons. So its kinda futile to keep a sniper in hand if you are gonna specialize in shotguns. Its a bit like Diablo. If you play a barbarian, there's no point carrying a crossbow.

sam_738844

Wise Old Owl
That's the great thing about RPGs because its not dumbed down like fps. Damage per second, enemy health, weapon range, accuracy %, defense, all these statistics must be taken into account. You have to make important decisions regarding gear and skill set throughout the game to stay competitive.

Yeah but no character is good at all four. You can specialize in any one type of weapon or semi-specialize in two types. Each character is only good at using certain types of weapons. So its kinda futile to keep a sniper in hand if you are gonna specialize in shotguns. Its a bit like Diablo. If you play a barbarian, there's no point carrying a crossbow.

No No... don't compare any RPG with any FPS, Both the genres are entirely different in their true sense and are mutually exclusive. Well, they have crossed paths and complimented each other in occasions and has given birth to beautiful games, but never did they deviated from their natural offerings...i can write miles long on this, and its a topic of late 90's even relevant on today's games, experiments will occur, versatility and cross-culture in games will be observed for commercialization and entertainment, but FPS will remain FPS and wear their Cross-hair Crown...and RPG will remain RPG with dice rolls and inventories. Even Crysis 6 will never replace Morrowind or NeverWinterNights....and Torchlight 4 can never replace CS Anthology. Fans will be there for both...I feel FPS is a genre where i can simply not finish my tea but follow a headshot order from Captain Price, its that blood boiling, alertness thing..always running and doing something that kills...while in RPG i can have my beer and take one full hour just to manage my skill points and swords in my backpack over and over...its the relax and game-on thing.

Also the sweetness of BL and BL2 is co-op...if u have never done that, u missed a LOT. Trust me, i played co-op both lan and MP and its a colossal difference in fun. 4 players, one planet, bazillion weapons and loot...tougher enemies...hell yeah! Chaos Theory

tkin

Back to school!!

True, but when me, faun and piyush used to play, we used all sorts of weapons, half the time piyush the sniper would run around with a rocket launcher, I stuck with my sniper, being a solder, and faun, a siren was all about SMGs(elemental though), but we never faced any balancing issues, games like borderlands awards you for your type, but does not penalize you for using different types, a soldier with a sniper can be deadly as well, that's the beauty of borderlands, its not like mass effect when using a specific class may have you locked out of specific weapons.

No No... don't compare any RPG with any FPS, Both the genres are entirely different in their true sense and are mutually exclusive. Well, they have crossed paths and complimented each other in occasions and has given birth to beautiful games, but never did they deviated from their natural offerings...i can write miles long on this, and its a topic of late 90's even relevant on today's games, experiments will occur, versatility and cross-culture in games will be observed for commercialization and entertainment, but FPS will remain FPS and wear their Cross-hair Crown...and RPG will remain RPG with dice rolls and inventories. Even Crysis 6 will never replace Morrowind or NeverWinterNights....and Torchlight 4 can never replace CS Anthology. Fans will be there for both...I feel FPS is a genre where i can simply not finish my tea but follow a headshot order from Captain Price, its that blood boiling, alertness thing..always running and doing something that kills...while in RPG i can have my beer and take one full hour just to manage my skill points and swords in my backpack over and over...its the relax and game-on thing.

Also the sweetness of BL and BL2 is co-op...if u have never done that, u missed a LOT. Trust me, i played co-op both lan and MP and its a colossal difference in fun. 4 players, one planet, bazillion weapons and loot...tougher enemies...hell yeah! Chaos Theory
Let me get my internet connection, then maybe we can play BL2? I can get Faun and Piyush to participate perhaps.

sam_738844

Wise Old Owl
Let me get my internet connection, then maybe we can play BL2? I can get Faun and Piyush to participate perhaps.

Then I have to re install steam and BL2 which i uninstalled days back. Actually i was starting to hate it, for i squeezed out every last drop of bloody "game" from that....every last drop. I..just sucked it dry...playing with u guys will be a whole lot different exp although, also to mention ...got a bit famous in SEA servers from BL2 only...:D... shared thousands of loot after the Golden Chest and slot Hack...guys were like "WOW" "hey how did ya do that"...later "hey SG....some purple please...some orange please"...

After all, caught a jap fish in mah net...;) ...she will join too...

tkin

Back to school!!
Then I have to re install steam and BL2 which i uninstalled days back. Actually i was starting to hate it, for i squeezed out every last drop of bloody "game" from that....every last drop. I..just sucked it dry...playing with u guys will be a whole lot different exp although, also to mention ...got a bit famous in SEA servers from BL2 only...:D... shared thousands of loot after the Golden Chest and slot Hack...guys were like "WOW" "hey how did ya do that"...later "hey SG....some purple please...some orange please"...

After all, caught a jap fish in mah net...;) ...she will join too...
Local fish or online? :D :D

I used the slot hack once, conclusion: Orange loots are useless.

sam_738844

Wise Old Owl
Japanese .Steam Id : aitani0920. Ur slot hack conclusion is wrong. Let me explain. The Cheatengine slot hack works in a different way that the chest hack. I know why u are calling those useless, because at a certain level you always received weapons which are below your char level and hence lacked damage. Where some purple even green! weapons at your char level provided more damage and so, u thought that F*** dis ****, slot hacks are crap. :D correct me if am wrong.

But the way the hex values and libraries in CE works is, when hacked the slot machine will give you weapons which matches the "DIFFICULTY/ REQUIREMENT LEVEL for MAIN STORY" at that point of time in the game and not the "CHARACTER LEVEL U HAVE". So in normal mode, when ur playing a a char level 25, slot is giving u 18 level weapons, why? because by naturally farming and doing side missions, u have long surpassed the original Difficulty level of the main story mission and its now showing Normal or even Trivial. Also let me tell u , @normal mode the game completion difficulty req ( killing the warrior) is 30.

But then u are already 32 ( at least if u half did the side missions ) and the story is yet to complete or is complete!. So u always will get level 30 weapons from slot no matter what level u gained after farming over and over. But this story changes in TVHM. When u ideally start TVHM at 33-34, the slot machine will automatically reset to again the story completion diff req, which had grown to 35..it will increase and ultimately go to 50, if ur finishing at that mode. So after TVHM, u will always get level 50 legendary weapons. Orange weapons are no doubt, the craziest, most incredibly powerful and impossibly difficult to find loot in BL2

tkin

Back to school!!
Japanese .Steam Id : aitani0920. Ur slot hack conclusion is wrong. Let me explain. The Cheatengine slot hack works in a different way that the chest hack. I know why u are calling those useless, because at a certain level you always received weapons which are below your char level and hence lacked damage. Where some purple even green! weapons at your char level provided more damage and so, u thought that F*** dis ****, slot hacks are crap. :D correct me if am wrong.

But the way the hex values and libraries in CE works is, when hacked the slot machine will give you weapons which matches the "DIFFICULTY/ REQUIREMENT LEVEL for MAIN STORY" at that point of time in the game and not the "CHARACTER LEVEL U HAVE". So in normal mode, when ur playing a a char level 25, slot is giving u 18 level weapons, why? because by naturally farming and doing side missions, u have long surpassed the original Difficulty level of the main story mission and its now showing Normal or even Trivial. Also let me tell u , @normal mode the game completion difficulty req ( killing the warrior) is 30.

But then u are already 32 ( at least if u half did the side missions ) and the story is yet to complete or is complete!. So u always will get level 30 weapons from slot no matter what level u gained after farming over and over. But this story changes in TVHM. When u ideally start TVHM at 33-34, the slot machine will automatically reset to again the story completion diff req, which had grown to 35..it will increase and ultimately go to 50, if ur finishing at that mode. So after TVHM, u will always get level 50 legendary weapons. Orange weapons are no doubt, the craziest, most incredibly powerful and impossibly difficult to find loot in BL2
I know all of this, just check the BL2 thread in digit, I made most of the discoveries you mentioned here when I was playing months ago, I got the slothack and used cheatengine to bind all the chests in game, its just that the orange weapons are useless as in, some of them do not even hit the target, I got a launcher once, none of the missiles it launched would reach the target if they are not standing in front of your nose, some actually had negative effects, I find purple and blue loot more useful during the game.

gameranand

Living to Play
You guys are so lucky that you have friends and nice net connection that you can play BL and BL2 in Co-op. I have also played BL in Co-op when I was in Delhi with my friends but now its like a dream to me. :cry::cry:

tkin

Back to school!!
Super deep Borderlands discussion on a Crysis thread....everybody is too damn high!! :p
A game that offer 5hrs SP? Its bound to go sideways as there's nothing to talk about, if not us, someone else ;)

You guys are so lucky that you have friends and nice net connection that you can play BL and BL2 in Co-op. I have also played BL in Co-op when I was in Delhi with my friends but now its like a dream to me. :cry::cry:
You have teh uber rig :D :D

tkin

Back to school!!
No land lines in my area. You think I am using it by choice but I'm not. Its the one and only way to connect with internet. :cry:
How bout a 3G sim, aircel has some ok plans, and pings are better than EVDO, do you get 3G in your area?

Top Bottom