Crysis 3

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
Ah....Yes. Man I miss good AI. Gone are the days when we actually had to put an effort to complete the game.

blame it to online MPs where you need to shoot bots controlled by real people ;-) every game now these days ( sans a few ) focus more on the MP. anyway, after reading the posts I think I will delay my urge to getting this one and no matter how good Cod BO2 is this time I did not feel like finishing ( actually playing ) it for the first time since the release of first COD - Crysis 3 will follow the same path.

gameranand

Living to Play
blame it to online MPs where you need to shoot bots controlled by real people ;-) every game now these days ( sans a few ) focus more on the MP. anyway, after reading the posts I think I will delay my urge to getting this one and no matter how good Cod BO2 is this time I did not feel like finishing ( actually playing ) it for the first time since the release of first COD - Crysis 3 will follow the same path.

Yeah, when the game is too easy then I don't want to play it. I want some challenge and if game can't provide me then I usually move to other games. :)
I don't play online at all. I do like Co-op games but not that online MP. I tried it but didn't liked it much, co-op is also a no go nowadays when I have a $hitty net connection and my room mates and friends "can't handle that hard game like Borderlands where enemies don't die in 2-3 bullets" in their words. This is too hard for them. :evil:

sam_738844

Wise Old Owl
Yeah, when the game is too easy then I don't want to play it. I want some challenge and if game can't provide me then I usually move to other games. :)
I don't play online at all. I do like Co-op games but not that online MP. I tried it but didn't liked it much, co-op is also a no go nowadays when I have a $hitty net connection and my room mates and friends "can't handle that hard game like Borderlands where enemies don't die in 2-3 bullets" in their words. This is too hard for them. :evil:

:D :D i got a roommate now, here, who claimed on the first day seeing me play "cheap and easy games" like "Dota2" that he've been playing games "Seriously" for last 10 years. I offered him FC3, he tried to move the gun with arrow keys with right hand, i offered him NFS MW, he figured that this must require mouse movement and stood still with Porche 911 for 10 mints...then finally i convinced him play Street fighter Vs Tekken...serious game...son of a b*** lost after playing "Sitar" and "Tabla" with mah keyboard and said..."kya tum khelte ho? bekaar game sab...kabhi WWE Smackdown 2007 khela hain? ya fir cricket? 2006?" :evil:...should i kill him or give him South East Asia best Trolled Award?

iittopper

Wise Old Owl
Finished the game in about 6 hours on veteran difficulty ! During the fist two mission , story is a little boring , go here do this , go there do that etc etc , after that it started to pick the pace and story become more interesting but still it cant match with the previous game ! Mp is very good especially hunter mode ! you can give around 50 hour without getting bored . When everything max out , this game is a beast and visuals are very impressive . So overall 7/10 .

PS: Crysis 2 - got for rs 999 - 10 hour sp + 70 hour mp played
Crysis 3 - got for rs 1499 - 5 hour campaign + 50 hour mp played .

nginx

In the zone

Borderlands isn't hard. It's just a bit scary and overwhelming at times if you ask me because it requires you to backtrack a lot to kill most enemies. Enemies tend to charge at you and you can't stand/move sideways and shoot like in most shooters. Due to the open nature of the game and limited range of weapons coupled with the fact that most enemies require several shots to be killed means that you can't hide somewhere and pick off enemies. Also, there's no running away from certain enemies. Once they see you, its either kill or be killed.

None of my friends are a big fan of Borderlands but I played that game for like 6 months at a stretch.

Thunder

Journeyman
..."kya tum khelte ho? bekaar game sab...kabhi WWE Smackdown 2007 khela hain? ya fir cricket? 2006?" :evil:...should i kill him or give him South East Asia best Trolled Award?
No No No...just give him a high five...on the head...with a chair...made of steel.

tkin

Back to school!!
Finished the game in about 6 hours on veteran difficulty ! During the fist two mission , story is a little boring , go here do this , go there do that etc etc , after that it started to pick the pace and story become more interesting but still it cant match with the previous game ! Mp is very good especially hunter mode ! you can give around 50 hour without getting bored . When everything max out , this game is a beast and visuals are very impressive . So overall 7/10 .

PS: Crysis 2 - got for rs 999 - 10 hour sp + 70 hour mp played
Crysis 3 - got for rs 1499 - 5 hour campaign + 50 hour mp played
:facepalm:

sam_738844

Wise Old Owl
Borderlands isn't hard. It's just a bit scary and overwhelming at times if you ask me because it requires you to backtrack a lot to kill most enemies. Enemies tend to charge at you and you can't stand/move sideways and shoot like in most shooters. Due to the open nature of the game and limited range of weapons coupled with the fact that most enemies require several shots to be killed means that you can't hide somewhere and pick off enemies. Also, there's no running away from certain enemies. Once they see you, its either kill or be killed.

None of my friends are a big fan of Borderlands but I played that game for like 6 months at a stretch.

*imageshack.us/a/img825/4158/jesusfacepalmfacepalmjer.jpg

tkin

Back to school!!

I thought borderlands was funny :D

axes2t2

I am a cat
Due to the open nature of the game and limited range of weapons coupled with the fact that most enemies require several shots to be killed means that you can't hide somewhere and pick off enemies. Also, there's no running away from certain enemies. Once they see you, its either kill or be killed.

Yes you can.

sam_738844

Wise Old Owl
everything was still acceptable except "limited range of weapons". Borderlands , to be honest introduced the very first FPS RPG where it had a random weapon generator engine in-built and it got famous for the same nature.

P.S- Going OT

Portal is an FPS, just not a shooter. But a brilliant game, better than those dumbas$ military shooters, I'm shocked that you regret getting it :|

double Agree! I voted Portal and Portal2 for GOTY

nginx

In the zone
Yes you can.

Which character do you play with? I mostly played with Brick. Brick's only good at close quarters. Haven't explored the other characters much.

everything was still acceptable except "limited range of weapons". Borderlands , to be honest introduced the very first FPS RPG where it had a random weapon generator engine in-built and it got famous for the same nature.

I didn't say limited range of weapons to mean there weren't many weapons. There were more weapons that anyone can ever end up using. I meant most of the weapons had limited shooting range. In many other shooters, you can pick off enemies from insane distances, sometimes even with a damn pistol let alone automatic rifles.

sam_738844

Wise Old Owl
U played with Brick and stretched upto 6 Months?? It took me 3.5 months to finish borderlands 2with 4*L50 chars+1DLC char*50+4DLC+Unlimited online multilplaying LAN with PG roomate+all mods hackes,eastereggs, secret levels weapons, bosses and ... ...everything.No game can last that long with one character until ur played like what 20 mins per day ?

tkin

Back to school!!
U played with Brick and stretched upto 6 Months?? It took me 3.5 months to finish borderlands 2with 4*L50 chars+1DLC char*50+4DLC+Unlimited online multilplaying LAN with PG roomate+all mods hackes,eastereggs, secret levels weapons, bosses and ... ...everything.No game can last that long with one character until ur played like what 20 mins per day ?
I played all 4, every ways possible, dlcs and all, took close to 8 months, then my pings got crazy and I had to stop playing it online, the interest died soon after that.

gameranand

Living to Play

Bordrerlands is not scary by any means possible. Yes its kinda overwhelming when 5-6 enemies comes to kill you at once but then again if you are playing it with 3 players then that gets taken care of. And man are kiddin me by saying it has limited range of weapons. It has weapons in millions not thousand, no game has that amount of weapons. Yes you can pick up enemies from distance if you know how to do. I do this all the time.
My friends don't like Borderlands because the game is different than the generic shooters and also the graphics are cell shaded which is not acceptable for many people. They think that its weird that enemies don't die even with a headshot because they have no idea what RPG means let aside other gaming genres. In simple words they are noobs who don't know a jack about gaming so they think that this game is not good. When I showed then the rating about the best Co-Op MP games then they were kinda shocked by the results, if you ask me many people don't even know what Borderlands is who are too busy with COD and similars.

nginx

In the zone

I think I mentioned in another thread that I barely clock in 10 hours of gaming a month at the most. I have been playing Dishonored since the day it was released, still not even half way through; I didn't even turn on my desktop this month.

The only games I am truly addicted to are Third Person Stealth Action games and Sandbox games like GTA. When games like that come out, I literally play all day long. I don't usually go near first person games unless I find one that is exceptional like Dishonored.

Bordrerlands is not scary by any means possible. Yes its kinda overwhelming when 5-6 enemies comes to kill you at once but then again if you are playing it with 3 players then that gets taken care of. And man are kiddin me by saying it has limited range of weapons. It has weapons in millions not thousand, no game has that amount of weapons. Yes you can pick up enemies from distance if you know how to do. I do this all the time.
My friends don't like Borderlands because the game is different than the generic shooters and also the graphics are cell shaded which is not acceptable for many people. They think that its weird that enemies don't die even with a headshot because they have no idea what RPG means let aside other gaming genres. In simple words they are noobs who don't know a jack about gaming so they think that this game is not good. When I showed then the rating about the best Co-Op MP games then they were kinda shocked by the results, if you ask me many people don't even know what Borderlands is who are too busy with COD and similars.

Not limited number of weapons but limited shooting range of weapons. Check my previous post, already clarified that bit. Only snipers have any kind of range but they suck because sometimes even two shots to the head with a Sniper don't kill the enemy and that's a serious disadvantage because as soon the first shot is fired they charge at you.

tkin

Back to school!!
Headshot will do more damage, but to kill the enemy the damage>health, so if your shot does 500dam and health is 400, instant headshot kill with the head exploding apart.

BTW: You can turn of cell shading.

I think I mentioned in another thread that I barely clock in 10 hours of gaming a month at the most. I have been playing Dishonored since the day it was released, still not even half way through; I didn't even turn on my desktop this month.

The only games I am truly addicted to are Third Person Stealth Action games and Sandbox games like GTA. When games like that come out, I literally play all day long. I don't usually go near first person games unless I find one that is exceptional like Dishonored.

Not limited number of weapons but limited shooting range of weapons. Check my previous post, already clarified that bit. Only snipers have any kind of range but they suck because sometimes even two shots to the head with a Sniper don't kill the enemy and that's a serious disadvantage because as soon the first shot is fired they charge at you.
That's why you have 4 slots, one rifle, one shotgun, one rocket launcher for second wind and one sniper rifle :D

Top Bottom