CRT or LCD - PLEASE VOTE

CRT or LCD

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

santu_29

Journeyman
CRT or LCD
Is it the crt for it has better colors and resolution or is it the lcd for it is the new trend in town?

ranjan2001

Cyborg Agent
I am going in for 19inch LCD, since I will be calibrating it for my purpose, colors will be acurate.

LCD consumes less power, generate less heat, sharper images & so relaxing to the eyes.

GeekyBoy

In the zone
LCD 's consume less power, generate less heat & relaxing to the eyes.But I totally disagree on your point that LCD 's are better than CRT's.Although they take up a lot of space and the electricity consumed is much more,the images are crystal clear.The LCD's have dead pixel prolems and their brightness and images look different from different angles.The CRT's are here to rule for at least 3-5 years.They are good for gaming.

OP
santu_29

santu_29

Journeyman
power and heat yes, but as far as i know, for sharper colours crts are still prefered over lcds :roll:

Dumbledore

Journeyman
the honourable crt's still rule, because lcd's are expensive and are out of my humble reach. crt's have very sharp picture but a very big backside, whereas lcd's are slow in image reproduction but have flat or no backsides

OP
santu_29

santu_29

Journeyman
Dumbledore said:
the honourable crt's still rule, because lcd's are expensive and are out of my humble reach. crt's have very sharp picture but a very big backside, whereas lcd's are slow in image reproduction but have flat or no backsides

yep! i too agree :p

hafees

In the zone
LCD is easy on the eyes but still LCD cant beat CRT.
LCDs have native resolution while we can set any supported resolutions for CRT. CRT produces image colors more accurateley.

ranjan2001

Cyborg Agent
hafees said:
LCDs have native resolution while we can set any supported resolutions for CRT. CRT produces image colors more accurateley.
Ofcourse any resouloution can be set for LCD too I have done it while I was testing samsung 17inch LCD

dissel

Cyborg Agent
Hey.....guys......i have a LCD .......and after enabeling the Clear Type in Windows XP/2003.......i get crystal clear Viewing of Documents/Fonts/Icons.....while besides my old [2002] CRT seems noticable fade of color.....

I agree with that point about the viewing angle......where CRT still Rocks........

I don't play any games .....so i don't have experience about that in LCD......

But the DVD Videos are great in LCD....and also i experience that Rip VCD[Low quality]From DVD are good viewing in LCD than CRT.....i mean the block..block parts almost disappeared or maybe can't produce in the screen.....

And the last word is ........when you buy 17"inch you got the whole 17".......My old CRT a 17" and the new LCD is also 17"...but it looks larger display than old 17"CRT.

Both my VDUs are FRom Samsung :- 17" SyncMaster 753s CRT [2002]
17" SyncMaster 713n LCD [2006]

This is my persoanl experience........user to user it always varries.

Geforce

Journeyman
ranjan2001 said:
hafees said:
Ofcourse any resouloution can be set for LCD too I have done it while I was testing samsung 17inch LCD

:arrow: While both of you r correct, actually its the clarity of the image which gets degraded when using low resolutions especially in games where running 800x600 or even 640x480 is quite normal for highend games.

:?: Even i am confused over 17" LCD or 19" CRT True Flat(18" viewable). My requirement is primarily for gaming, and also while coding or surfing the internet it should be easy on my eyes when using for extended periods.

So i think my requirement is pretty mixed up between the two. I just want to have the best of both worlds ...like all of us want...right.

But i will still vote for CRT.

ranjan2001

Cyborg Agent
I would look at it differently, if you spend more than 6-8 hrs CRT is surely strain your eyes.
I spend 12-16 hrs a day office/home/studio so I feel LCD are surely the future for me, I do spend 4 hrs working with my laptop daily & I can feel the difference on my eyes.

I am looking for 19-20inch LCD for my office work where I spend almost 10-12 hours in front of the monitor.

ambrewz

Broken In
LCDs are not just NEW trend... the latest models r built in with all the features from Gaming to just normal Computing... along with that u save on Electiricity bill, deskspace and Less strain on eyes... SO In long RUN LCD have more Advantages

Ankur Gupta

Wandering in time...
well lcds are cool and if u not a gamer go for a lcd tht has a gud response time.
a lcd with gud response time will certainly beat crt i guess.

Eazy

Journeyman
There is a long list of LCD monitors at Techtree - included is the latest Samsung 770P 6ms and 8bit colour .... this one is supposed to be very good - but expensive - 28k !!

*www.techtree.com/techtree/jsp/article.jsp?article_id=72121&cat_id=586&source=tt_dl

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom