Critical Lan Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

superuser

Broken In
I have two computers at home both using Win Xp sp2 and one dialup internet connection.Now i have Networked both pcs across LAN primarily for sharing the only internet connction between them using winxp built in internet connection sharing.I have made one computer Server (which connects to internet via dialup modem)and the other Client.Everything worked fine after the configurations and the client computer was able to talk to server and Internet. Since every thing worked fine at that time so I I created a system restore point named "Emergency" on both the pcs.
Now the problem is the after every alternate restart the Client cannot find the network(cannot find the server even if the server is already on)and displays the message"Network Not Found".The server on the other Side says the same message.Then there is no other option but to restore the Client to the restore point "Emergency".After restoration to the said restore point the client finds the Server and Internet is possibe on it.Again when the Clinet computer is restarted next time the same problem occurs and again it has to be restored to get the work done.

Mind u all that neither myself nor the user of Client or anyone else have changed any settings on any computers since they worked fine for the first time.

Now after going through all these can anyone tell me what actually is the Problem.????

digen

Youngling
Strange enough but it appears to me as a IP addressing problem.
How have you configured your network?Have you set DHCP on the server & set the client pc to get the IP adress automatically?
What are the settings you have entered under each pc's TCP/IP properties?

You say that you get a "Network Not Found" message,when does this message appear?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom