Creative Zen Vision M or iPod 30GB-URGENT

Status
Not open for further replies.

mayurgai

Right off the assembly line
It is possible that the iPod was shipped factory formatted for the mac . You may have to reformat it for the PC . Usually when yo plug it in the first tme in ur PC, iTunes asks if you want to reformat it for the PC .
If this didnt happen, try reformatting the ipod with FAT filesystem.
Open it on 'my computer'. right click it and then scroll to format. this should clear you up in order to start from scratch. if you still cannot get it going, post back! :)

OP
S

sujit.pawar

Broken In
It is formaated for the PC.It shows the file system as FAT,while for space it says n/a.Once it recognised and was updating it from apple site,but it said that the network connection timed out..
Please help me yaar.It has been two days and i havent been able to listen to anything on the iPod.I am totally frustrated...
:(

iMav

The Devil's Advocate
relax .... hota hai ... first of all installl the latest itunes ... then connect the pod and try updating again u will face the problem of network conx time out i faced it on the 3 ipods i updated so i guess every1 has to go thru it .... reset all settings on the ipod .... and restore it using itunes .... let us know

OP
S

sujit.pawar

Broken In
Thanak God..Took the iPod to a friend's place and it worked fine.So i guess the problem is with my system..Will fix it sometime later this week..Not now..Already tired of banging my head for the past two days..Will keep u posted.

PS:iPod rocks,iTunes sucks!!! :)

ambandla

Sup' dude, Sup'
Sujit, I love itunes. Since you didn't like it, you can use winamp with ipod plug-in to copy music to your ipod.

ambandla

Sup' dude, Sup'
Yes. Absolutely correct. It's meant for ipod(though it was released months before ipod). I am using this for the past 2 years and am addicted to it.

OP
S

sujit.pawar

Broken In
I think that i am going to crash my computer trying to get the stupid itunes to recognise my ipod.its so frustrating when u have to restart the PC n no of times...

iMav

The Devil's Advocate
ambandla said:
Yes. Absolutely correct. It's meant for ipod(though it was released months before ipod).
it took me some time and a quote from apple's site to make ppl believe that .... and now coming from an apple user just prooves my point ....

@sujit by the way .... wat version of itunes are u using ....

OP
S

sujit.pawar

Broken In
My PC config(Dont laugh Pls...)

Pentium III 700 Mhz ;)
128 MB RAM
20GB HDD
Win XP Pro

Ancient Config but it works :)

I am using the latest version of iTunes

OP
S

sujit.pawar

Broken In
I am not sure whthr its USB 1.x or 2.0.But both my USB ports work fine with other USB devices like pen drive,bluetooth dongle,broadband modem,etc...
I have tried both the ports,but to no avail.

iMav

The Devil's Advocate
acc to apple's site vdo ipods support both 1.1 and usb 2 standards does the ipod come up as a external device in my computer

iMav

The Devil's Advocate
hmmm .... in tht case if the usb is working, external hdd mode is working then i think prob with iyunes try a different version an older 1 (not 7)

ambandla

Sup' dude, Sup'
ah. okay. I don't think it's a problem with itunes. When I first bought my ipod, I connected it to my old PIII 1.13 GHz with USB 1.1, iTunes didn't detect my ipod. When I connected my ipod to my new AMD Athlon64 machine, it worked without any hiccup. No issues so far with itunes or ipod on USB2.0.

codename_romeo

Romeo + Lucifer = ME
I use a video i pod n i can tell that nothing beats it......
It has sheer class in it.
From the very first day i have been a fan of i pod.
Sound is too good to be true. And if you are on a no budget policy then combine it with a bose headphone(costs as much as a video i pod).

OP
S

sujit.pawar

Broken In
Got it working finally.Changed the drive letter and it was detected immediately..Only issue is that i have to attach the iPod b4 booting.If i connect it after the PC has started,it hangs.
Anyway something is better than nothin....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom