Creative EP630 or Soundmagic PL13

Cool Buddy

Wise Old Owl
OK, so I'm buying a headphone to go with my Nokia 5230. I want in-ear types, like the EP630. So I was browsing through lynx-india and found 2 options. One of course is the Creative EP630 which is Rs. 675+tax+shipping = 787. And I have recently heard a lot about soundmagic headphones. So had a look at those and found the PL13 in the suitable price range. It is Rs. 666+tax+shipping = 778, almost same.

So which one would be a better option considering that I feel comfort is as important as sound quality.

PraKs

Youngling
Dont even think of EP630, Its just crap. Had it & Gave it for free to friend :)

Have PL 11, Take it if you like Bass. Its just awesome & way better then EP630

Never heard PL13 so no idea.

r4gs

In the zone
If you up your budget a bit to about 1k, you should be able to get your hands on the Sony MDR ed12lp. Pretty decent.

An in-ear set should help improve the sound to some extent at least though.

I will also like to point out that the 5230 doesn't have more than barely half-decent sound quality, so the choice of ear/headphones doesn't really matter. In-ear designs should help the bass to some extent though.

OP
Cool Buddy

Cool Buddy

Wise Old Owl
I need in-ear ones coz the volume is so low that it cannot be heard in bus or metro. I am not an audiophile, so the quality of these earphones will be satisfactory for me.

@praks
Is the PL11 comfortable for continuous use upto an hour or so? PL13 is cheaper than PL11. Don't think I can extend my budget beyond 800.

Can someone suggest a shop in Kolkata where I can get all these headphone including Sony

@R4gs
how is the noise isolation in Sony MDR ed12lp? Do you think it will be good for noisy places? It is listed for Rs. 800 on Sony's website. Looks like it would be comfortable to use

Last edited:

r4gs

In the zone
the sony's isolation is not too great. stereo separation is better than the creative.
if you want isolation,i recommend the ep630. i've used it for years with no problem.
however, i have not heard the soundmagic earphones and it is very much possible that they are better.

6x6

Journeyman
ep630 has good noise isolation, in normal conditions i use it with mobie volume ~20 %. in noisy conditions (like train passing thrugh tunnel with speed >60kmph) mobile volume has to be >80%

PraKs

Youngling
Just get PL11 for 400 Rs from Ebay

People who are fan of EP630, just listen to PL 11.

I had EP630 It was just playing like radio.

OP
Cool Buddy

Cool Buddy

Wise Old Owl
I don't trust eBay. Soundmagic headphones are out of stock on lynx-india.com. So will wait for them to return. In the mean time I am looking for some shops to buy headphones. If I can lay my hands on Sony EX35 PL for around 800-850, I'll buy that one.
MDR ED12LP is available for 700. If I don't get EX35 PL, I'll get that one only. But first I'll look for EP630.

Any one from Kolkata, don't kolkatan's use headphones/earphones? Even sony is hard to find over here, forget Soundmagic & Creative. Can anyone suggest some shops?

max_snyper

Maximum Effort!!!!!!
dude seriously speaking for mobiles dont even go for quality headset look for the ones that provide good clear quality headsets coz mobiles dont provide a quality music especially "nokia"..look for typical rs.400~500...and yes noise isolation headset are ok for phones...your choice.

mavihs

Techie By Heart
OK, so I'm buying a headphone to go with my Nokia 5230. I want in-ear types, like the EP630. So I was browsing through lynx-india and found 2 options. One of course is the Creative EP630 which is Rs. 675+tax+shipping = 787. And I have recently heard a lot about soundmagic headphones. So had a look at those and found the PL13 in the suitable price range. It is Rs. 666+tax+shipping = 778, almost same.

So which one would be a better option considering that I feel comfort is as important as sound quality.

go for Soundmagic PL11....just awesome!!! they are the best earphones in under 1K.
buy them from mediahome.in or SMC, i don't recommend Lynx!

OP
Cool Buddy

Cool Buddy

Wise Old Owl
I have two unused EP630 (came with my Dell) .. If you are in Bombay maybe you can have a look ..

How old are they? under warranty? How much would you want for it? I am in Kolkata, but I don't think that's a problem, I'll pay the courier charge if I like the deal.

ssb1551

Technomancer
buy them from mediahome.in or SMC, i don't recommend Lynx!
Have u had any bad experience wid lynx in the past?
Wanna know cause I wanna order something online n Lynx is 1 of the shortlisted places tht I hv thought of so it wud help me to know ur prior experience...

OP
Cool Buddy

Cool Buddy

Wise Old Owl
What would be the shipping charges for this earphone on primeabgb.com? Their price is the lowest, but I think they charge high for shipping.

I just checked, can't believe they are actually charging Rs. 160 as shipping charge for this small an item. theitwares is charging just Rs. 40. Even a single courier wouldn't cost that much, they have contracts with courier companies. This is ridiculous, that's why their price is low. First they lure customers with low prices and then charge the amount in disguise of shipping charge.

Last edited:

v.Na5h

Off Hook!
guys i have philips in-ear earphone she 9500 which i got for 500 bucks along with my 5230
should i consider getting a pl-11
i mean how does she9500 fare compared to pl11

(btw she9500 sound quality,bass etc is quite similar to samsung earphones the one we get with corby PRO )
so my question is pl-11 way better than samsung's in-ear earphones

ssb1551

Technomancer
What would be the shipping charges for this earphone on primeabgb.com? Their price is the lowest, but I think they charge high for shipping.

I just checked, can't believe they are actually charging Rs. 160 as shipping charge for this small an item. theitwares is charging just Rs. 40. Even a single courier wouldn't cost that much, they have contracts with courier companies. This is ridiculous, that's why their price is low. First they lure customers with low prices and then charge the amount in disguise of shipping charge.
is it mentioned in their site tht d shipping charge is 40/- or dija call 'em up?

OP
Cool Buddy

Cool Buddy

Wise Old Owl
I added the product to the cart and it showed shipping charge Rs. 40. Damn sure that's it, total cost 575+40=615

Top Bottom