creating divX Player compatiable dvd ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

go_gamez

In the zone
i have some...old original..dvds and vcds..of some of my fav. movies like rocky 1-4( r getting old )....and all...Which ..i want to convert to divX format so that i can..play them..on my dvd player..which says that it supports divX..but i have never tried..and divx cd/dvd..till now....so i want to know what should be the format of creating a divX player comaptiable dvd ...

>>>is it ok..if i just convert all my cds/dvds to *.avi (divx 6.21 codec )..AND MAKE A DATA DISK OF ALL *AVI FILES ?

>>>OR IS THERE SOME SOFTWARE TO CREATE A DIVX CD/DVD ?

>>>will my. DivX player also..support *.avi files...encoded..in Xvd or any other *avi file ??

>> one more thing is while i convert to divX.6.21 using WinAvi 7.5 converter..in some cases..the audio and video..are not together..and its like...the lips just move and the voice comes later....why is this problem ??

>>is there any other. software which converts faster..and..better..please recommend !..which can convert..from..any file to divX ..

drvarunmehta

Wise Old Owl
AutoGK can create DivX and XviD files which are supported by standalone DivX/XviD players. It's freeware unlike Dr. DivX.
Go to www.doom9.org to get a tutorial on using AutoGK.
Most DivX players DO play XviD files too. If your player does support Xvid, I suggest you use it rather than DivX.

go_gamez said:
>>>is it ok..if i just convert all my cds/dvds to *.avi (divx 6.21 codec )..AND MAKE A DATA DISK OF ALL *AVI FILES ?

Yes

go_gamez said:
>>>will my. DivX player also..support *.avi files...encoded..in Xvd or any other *avi file ??

Yes

Use this profile "Advanced Simple, Level 5". Select "Chroma Optimisation". Do not select "Global motion compensation" or "Q-Pel". Whether "B-Vop" (B frames) is supported or not will depend on your player. Experiment.

Cheers,
Keith

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom