Creating an internet connection in VirtualBox

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cool Joe

The Black Waltz
I've set up a virtual machine using VirtualBox. Now, how can I set up an internet connection so that I can access the net on my virtual os?

It should detect the ethernet port automatically (and is generally active, so just fire up your browser) . Otherwise set it up using pppoeconf (sorry, forgot the exact term, refer to your Ubuntu thread :D)
Also, remember to keep networking on when setting up the Virtual Machine (or just enable it after setting it up) :)

OP
C

Cool Joe

The Black Waltz
No that won't work. I need to know how to configure the VM to allow internet access. It has something to do with configuring a virtual network adaptor in VirtualBox.

It's been more than 8-9 months sice I used VirtualBox so I dont remember. I just recollect that I had enabled Networking while setting up the drive (along with the bootable image) and the virtual device (running Mandriva) automatically connected to the net on start-up.

dheeraj_kumar

Legen-wait for it-dary!
I have a XP host and guest. I'm running a dataone under PPPOE, and enabled networking while setting up. Now internet works under the guest too. I didnt do anything special.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom