Creating a Bootable CD

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eager_Beever

Broken In
I am trying to create a Bootable CD using Nero 6.3. Using Nero Express gives me the option of either using a default in-built boot image or a bootable floppy. CDs burnt using the in-built boot image (DR DOS) of Nero Express, allows me to boot from the CD, but I am unable to access the C Drive. The D drive is displayed as C drive, E drive is displayed as D drive and so on. The actual C drive is not available. I am unable to boot using CDs burnt with the bootable floppy (created freshly through Control Panel -> Add Remove Program -> Startup Disk -> Create Disk) as boot image. Next, I extracted the boot image of my bootable Win98SE CD (Using ISOBuster, the file size is 1.40 MB - 1,474,560 bytes) and burnt another CD using Nero Burning ROM. The parameters were No Emulation, No. of Loaded Sectors = 4 and Load segment of Sectors = 07C0. But my computer refuses to boot from the CD.

I urgently need to create a bootable CD containing some tools. How to do it?

contact_lalit

Broken In
I want to create a bootable CD with some commonly used utilities like Acrobat Reader, WinAMP, IE6 SP1, DirectX9, WinZIp, etc. along with Win98SE. I would like to keep all my frequently used utilities in a single CD so that I can directly boot from my CD and then format and install Win98SE followed by all my favourite utilities. I am using Nero 6.3 to burn the CD. All my previous attempts as mentioned earlier has failed. Please help.

GameAddict

In the zone
Let's assume somethings and here is my suggestion...

Hi,

I have created Boot CD's a number of times and have not faced any problems. But yes, when I created it for the first time, using the boot image of the floppy, it did not work. why? The boot floopy created was corrupt (bad sectors), so the boot image was imperfect. So from next time, I used to boot from the floppy first ,to see it is a working bootable floppy and then make image. You can try that and let us all know.

But your D drive shown as C drive, stumps me too!

Bye!

GA

GameAddict

In the zone
@contact_lalit

Hi,

Here you go:

1> Make a bootable floppy and make sure it works fine (boot through it)

2> In Nero, check the option of Bootable CD

3> Use Nero to make an image of the boot floppy

4> Since Bootable CD's can't be of multisession, drag and drop all stuff (98, Acrobat, whatever you wish) into the compilation

5> Burn (the disc ;)

This is what I do, so I think it should work for you too!

Bye!

GA

OP
E

Eager_Beever

Broken In
Hi
3> Use Nero to make an image of the boot floppy

How do I create an image of my boot floppy?? Also, in "Nero Burning ROM", what should be the emulation? No Emulation(which I used) or Floppy Emulation, as suggested by a guy?

GameAddict

In the zone
Here you go....

Hi,

Here are two links:

*www.tacktech.com/display.cfm?ttid=297 (with pics)

The difference is that in the above link ready made boot images are used, otherwise you can select the floppy drive (see the first pic).

Ans second link is:

*www.bootdisk.com/nero.htm

Hope this helps!

Bye!

GA

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom