CPU with a budget of 38-40k

Status
Not open for further replies.

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
^^donno how the rumour that AMD systems can't stay on for long is still present. Dude, there is no such thing. If you do improper installation, even an Intel processor having die made of gold and heatsink made of platinum will crash.

for your budget, AMD certainly is the way to go. If you still want to believe that AMD proccy's heat up a lot, fine, here is the Intel config for you:

Intel Core2Duo E7400: 6k or Core2Quad Q9450: 12.5k
Gigabyte GA-EP45-DS3L
Corsair xms2 2x2GB DDR2 800MHz: 3k
Palit GTS250 512MB : 7k
ASUS Xonar D2X with DTH and Dolby decoding: 9k or Creative Sound Blaster® X-Fi™ XtremeGamer: 5.5k
Seagate 7200.12 sata 2 500Gb : 2.5k
samsung dvd burner: 1.1k
Logitech X-540: 5.5k
Corsair VX450W: 4.2k
CoolerMaster Elite 335: 2.5k

OP
Vensanga

Vensanga

Journeyman
Neway i think we'll have to wait a little bit more to buy a good Pc..and guys i don't think i'll be needing a sound card and speaker as i already have one and can you the onboard sound card..
And what do you think abt my Pc that's on my signature..any change to be make the performance better..any upgrade to be made???

Last edited:
OP
Vensanga

Vensanga

Journeyman
When i buy my Pc ma friend told me to buy a Core2duo than a Quad core so am buying this E7300...What abt E8400..and whats the price of Q9450..which one should i go for if am going to upgraded my Processor???

hell_storm2006

Ambassador of Buzz
Well E8400 comes around 8K and Q9450 i couldn't find it on any of the online websites. Has it been stopped??

Anyways Q9550 is around 11.5K. So Q9450 must be something around 10K.

E8400 is great processor, but lets face it Dual Cores will be phased out soon with the advent of i3/i5/i7! :-(

OP
Vensanga

Vensanga

Journeyman
Then what will be the price of these i3/i5/i7??? Will a Dual Cores be better than core2 and quad?? Am a little confused here...

emmarbee

Journeyman
Dual cores won't be better than present core2duo and quad.
i3 is supposed to replace the present core2duos. So it'll be same as the price of present core2duos. And the core2duo should drop to the price of dual cores(though there are some news that core2duo will be stopped). And i5 should probably replace quad. these are my views - dunno wht will happen.
If you wait, then surely it'll be useful - as u r stuck in the final stages(EOL) of these processors :(

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
@Vensanga, Intel and AMD are pushing quad cores a lot. Right now, what processor you pick depends on what you wanna do.

AV editing, photoshop, multitaksing etc : quad core is the way to go. Most of apps used in this field are optimized fore quad cores.

gaming: still dual cores have advantage though processors like Phenom II X4 have caught up with dual core and in few months time, this is going to change. Dual cores will become slower when compared to quad cores.

now, if you want to pick a quad that will be strong, go for Intel Q9xxx series or core i7 series. Am not gonna recommend AMD anymore as you are feeling a bit reluctant.

Get the best Quadcore that you can buy.

Forget about core i3 and i5 as they won't be available till early next year. pick among these:

1) Q9400: 10k
2) Q9550: 12k

OP
Vensanga

Vensanga

Journeyman
Then the prices of core2 and quad will all drop but it will take some time ryte??? Quad may seem to be more superior in multitasking but am more of a gamer than multitasking although i didn't play much..You see one of my friend got Quad when Intel launched the quad cores at high rate but he wanted his Pc for gaming and so he sell the quad and get core2..

hell_storm2006

Ambassador of Buzz
You see one of my friend got Quad when Intel launched the quad cores at high rate but he wanted his Pc for gaming and so he sell the quad and get core2..

That's not an upgrade. That's a downgrade. :razz:

By the time the dust settles, it may well be more than a year. i3's wont be in the market till Jan 2010 as per news reports! If you want to buy now, go for AMD and then get i3/i5/i7 after 1.5 years. The thing with Core 2 Duo's is that they are good processors but they have not been able to keep up with the Phenoms. If you look at the market, Intel posts first loss in a quarter after 20 years and AMD posts first profit after 9 quarters! Markets are turning!!! :)

emmarbee

Journeyman
^ thats wht the games do hellstorm. They need crazy speeds in games. Even those 4-5 FPS can change their life sometimes - really. For upgrading from a slower FPS to playable FPS they'll be ready to sell their Kidney(FOS).

I've seen a lot of them upgrading from Quads to Duals. (But those were Q6xxx to E8xxx)
But after the launch of Q9xxx series, as desii said, ya the quads are catching up - and they are the future.

And the future games are definitely make use of those cores EFFICIENTLY. But since for games, it seems HIGHER CLOCK SPEED still does matters, it might take some time for the quads to catch up - as there might have to be some new technology overcoming this clock speed issue.

As of now, higher the clock speed better the FPS. - (***IMHO***)

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
That's not an upgrade. That's a downgrade. :razz:

By the time the dust settles, it may well be more than a year. i3's wont be in the market till Jan 2010 as per news reports! If you want to buy now, go for AMD and then get i3/i5/i7 after 1.5 years. The thing with Core 2 Duo's is that they are good processors but they have not been able to keep up with the Phenoms. If you look at the market, Intel posts first loss in a quarter after 20 years and AMD posts first profit after 9 quarters! Markets are turning!!! :)

actually, Intel posted loss due to heavy EU fine. And AMD revenues are still in Red!

hell_storm2006

Ambassador of Buzz
Ya that 1.45 billion dollar thumping really made it difficult. But the thing is I am a member of many other forums and i have seen people exclusively suggesting AMD configs for the last six to nine months. So lets say, 80% of those people go for AMD that would mean we are in a promoting AMD and which is good. Coz AMD is making great processors! Maybe that could be a reason AMD is turning good!! But that ATI deal still haunts them!!!

And future is quads and more games would be released which make use of that core. Just like PS3. When PS3 came into the market game developers found it very difficult to code for PS3, so XBOX still ruled. But as time went by, game developers have learned to fully utilize PS3's potential now PS3 is going well. Its only a matter of time game developers catch on.

Last edited:

LegendKiller

In the zone
well even i am looking for upgrading my pc,i mean processor and motherboard......please suggest for price range 20-23k for both included..........

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
Core i7 920: 14k
MSI X58 Pro: 11k

or

AMD Phenom II X4 955: 13k
Gigabyte GA-MA790GP-UD4H or Asus M4A78-E for DDR2: 8.3k-9k
Gigabyte GA-MA790FXT-UD5P or Asus M4A79 Deluxe for ddr3: 13k

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom